Page 165 of 462 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 165

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks, Val

I have the 5th wheel almost all loaded. It takes a lot to go RVing for a week! At least I know there are stores to buy food so I'm not trying to pack food for 8 days! But, clothes, and all the other various things it takes to set up "house" for a week. Many trips to the 5th wheel should count towards my daily walk............ which I should be taking right now cuz the skies look very much like it might rain soon.

We have a house sitter coming while we're gone. She'll take care of the animals and all ............. It's actually my nephews girlfriend - who happens to be the grand daughter of my hubby's former boss (before he went into business for himself). Odd how things like that happen. I'm excited about her staying here and not having to worry about the animals being here alone at night. I could have asked the neighbors to come feed them but then they would only be here for a few minutes each day. My Zeus would get lonely....... She'll be here in a couple hours to go through what needs to be done while we're gone. Did you know people who house-sit make $25 a day? Sheesh! If I were a single person - I'd be house-sitting all the time!

Okay - walk Tomi................ WALK!

Oh - we are staying at places that have WiFi - so I'll be "connected" while we're away! I need my MDA fix!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Dang it........... I packed so much stuff into the 5th wheel I don't have anything to eat! I put all the pork rinds, sour cream and cream cheese clouds into the 5th wheel. Bummer........... I guess I'll have some tea.

I also packed all my work out clothes - so I'm going to have to walk in my jeans. Double bummer! I decided to wait and walk with hubby this evening. I like walking with him

I also decided dinner is going to be OUT tonight. We have a gift certificate to a nice place on a golf course. Tonight seems like a good time to use it up! I think I'll check out the website and see if they have a menu posted.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Have a great time Tomi!!!

Thank you! we will We look forward to our February vacation as soon as the current one is over! We start trying to figure out what the next vacation will be and get to planning! About every 5 years we do something spectacular - well, for us its spectacular - like take a cruise and go to Universal Studio's and ride the giant roller coasters! On the other 4 years we do something closer to home - and cheaper. Last year we went up to the Olympic Peninsula in the 5th wheel. Fun times!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Have a great time Tomi. Reconnect with hubby. You can maintain or loose while on the trip - my stuff is feeling loose this week!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Have fun Tomi!! I would love to go on a no-plans RV trip! How fun!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I hope you have an awesome time! Sounds really nice ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

I am currently wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket - with nothing under it - sitting in my recliner - listening to the ocean and hubby snoring in the bedroom We found a beautiful RV park in Winchester Bay on the Oregon coast. We're not on the beach - but the water is still moving in the bay, and pounding against the rocks just 50 feet from where I'm sitting. Its low tide now - we haven't seen high tide yet since we got here at low tide, and the last high tide was at midnight. Noon will come another high tide. Yesterday we walked about 2.5 miles. Today we will walk into town - probably will amount to 3 miles total. I think we will stay here another night. Our destination is still 130 miles south - if we decide to go that far We really want to get down into the giant old growth forest so I'm sure we will wander down that way tomorrow or Tuesday. We are really wishing we had brought our bicycles cuz this would be a perfect place to ride. There are walking/biking trails all over the place. When we checked in they gave us a pamphlet with a map of all the walk/bike paths in the area. Now, if it was just a bit warmer...........

I didn't sleep well last night - m&m's are not a good snack for me! I think I woke up around 4 am with an icky feeling in my gutt. I layed there till about 6:30 and then decided to get up - several visits to the bathroom - and now I'm feeling much better. In fact I'm pretty hungry. Yesterday I ate 3 eggs, a few bbq kettle chips, a bite or 2 of cookie dough, a chicken breast and steamed veggies, m&m's and pork rinds. Not sure on the calories - but it doesn't seem like much food. I did have a couple drinks too so have to add in the alcohol calories.

I can't believe hubby is still sleeping. Its 8:45 - he's usually awake at 6. I'm glad he's getting some extra rest. He works hard, and doesn't sleep enough. Maybe I tired him out last night seems vacation is good for my libido And he was definitely on his A game! I brought a couple "romance" novels - read the first few pages out loud to hubby --- I laughed through most of it! Who writes that stuff?

hope everyone is doing well - I'm off to stare at the water some more while I wait for my man to wake up - have a great day!
    Last edited by tomi; 02-10-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oooh sounds like a sexy vacation with the hubby. Nice!

Having a great time - relaxing by the sea! Today we walked 3 miles and I've eaten 3 eggs with cheese, some pork rinds and crab cakes and shrimp, both cooked in butter. I had a Bartles & James pina' colada and one home made cookie. I'm going to have some ice cream later

We're leaving tomorrow to go further south down the coastline. Not sure where we'll stay. We want to see some good tidepools and stuff someplace.....

life is good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.