Page 164 of 549 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 5490

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 164

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Before you look at the spices, I would look at what else you have been eating for the past few days that set you up for the spices to push you over. Remember, you had some high carb incidents and rum. The spices may not have bothered you after 'normal' eating.
    the rum could be the problem - but honestly I have noticed chili powder gets me every time - even when I'm staying clean and no rum. When we make curry I always ask hubby to leave out the chili powder and then I don't have any issues. As for carbs over the weekend........ I was pretty good. One small brownie was the only bad. Okay - and some m&m's too. I suppose the wheat and sugar could have set up the start of the inflamation huh? Dang..... can't even have a little sweet stuff now and then?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Hope you feel better soon. You probably saw this one Rum Cake | Almond Flour Recipes. I'm thinking you could do a mix of coconut, tapioca, and almond flours?
    I think I'm going to give up on the rum cake idea........... I just know I'd binge on it! an entire cake just for hubby and me is not really necessary. If we want a dessert we can always find a store with single slices of cheese cake
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I know it says somewhere, but where are you going on vacation? How fun!
    We're just going down the Oregon coast. It's an RV vacation. We have a 32' 5th wheel. We will meander down the coast - probably as far as Brookings. No reservations - we're just wingin' it! We hope to see some big Redwoods - might have to cross into California to see the really big ones! A nice day trip to drive around - do some hiking - visit some cheezy tourist traps! Take lots of pictures! RELAX!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I figured I'd warn b/c of Tomi's fibro & IBS (right? maybe I'm forgetting). I think I've read that people with IBS tend to be more sensitive to things with fiber, which coconut flour has plenty of!
    My gut issues have gone from chronic diarrhea to slight constipation! UGH! But its good to know that coconut flour could cause issues. I won't be trying anything new while on vacation
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Read something and it made me think of you.

This article talks about using 5-htp for depression and anxiety, but says it's good for insomia.

This article is one of many that talks about using 5-htp for fibromyalgia pain.

Even though you usually don't experience much pain with your fibro anymore, maybe it would be something good to include to prevent the insomia, while ensuring fibro pain remains at bay?
    Cool! thanks for the links - I'll read them later since its nearly time for me to leave for work. While you're researching - can you find my a fix for my menopausal lack of libido! GRRR!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Cool! thanks for the links - I'll read them later since its nearly time for me to leave for work. While you're researching - can you find my a fix for my menopausal lack of libido! GRRR!
    My guess would be vitex. I haven't tried it personally, but from what Nameless eluded to, that seems to be the thing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Its on my list.......... 5 htp and vitex. Getting them after vacation. I don't like to start new pills if I'm going to be away from home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I miss Judg........... Hope she is doing well.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I miss Judg........... Hope she is doing well.
    me too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Your vacay sounds like so much fun! Just relax and enjoy it.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs