Page 163 of 518 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5172

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 163

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tomorrow will make 14 days in a row of walking. All but the past 2 days have been my normal 2.25 miles. But low energy Monday and Tuesday kept me from going the entire route. I only did 1/2. Its okay though - I'm still moving daily and thats what counts.

I ate well today, went over on my calories a bit but my macros were pretty good. 69/20/11 but 1626 total calories. I won't lose at that number. I'm working on getting back into NK after my high carb Sunday/Monday deal. I'm gonna try to get some ketostix tomorrow after work so I'll have a better idea of where I'm at with that.

Gearing up for vacation........... I'm trying to not take foods that I have a hard time saying NO to. No Lorna Doones cuz they make me feel horrible! I wanted to take a rum cake - but can't find a recipe using almond flour. The closest I can find is gluten free cake mix recipes - but not grain free. I'm wanting to have some treats...... but I don't want to gain weight, and I don't want to be hurting from eating grains and sugars. Not sure what I'll do. Its my once a year vacation........ I want to relax and have fun - and eat some goodies too. I did make some cream cheese clouds today so will take those. Freezer/fridge space is limited so I can't take them all.

Its 3:25 in the morning. I can't sleep - partly because something I ate today caused some horrible bloating (I'm thinking the chili I made - seems like chili powder makes me sick every time I have it). Plus, hubbies mouth guard is working not so good anymore. He snores, but not as loud as before having the mouth thingy. Just enough to keep me awake if I'm already not sleeping well.

I'm gonna go see if I can use my ear plugs and get some sleep........... ugh. If my stomach would calm down that would help a lot! I think I need to stop cooking spicy foods.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

Its 3:25 in the morning. I can't sleep - partly because something I ate today caused some horrible bloating (I'm thinking the chili I made - seems like chili powder makes me sick every time I have it). ...

I'm gonna go see if I can use my ear plugs and get some sleep........... ugh. If my stomach would calm down that would help a lot! I think I need to stop cooking spicy foods.
    Before you look at the spices, I would look at what else you have been eating for the past few days that set you up for the spices to push you over. Remember, you had some high carb incidents and rum. The spices may not have bothered you after 'normal' eating.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon. You probably saw this one Rum Cake | Almond Flour Recipes. I'm thinking you could do a mix of coconut, tapioca, and almond flours?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    When baking with coconut flour, please remember it works like a sponge (it's dehydrated coconut afterall), so you won't need as much coconut flour as you would almond flour or even wheat flours. I found this online: In baked goods, you generally want to substitute 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup coconut flour for 1 cup grain-based flour.

And I found that here: Baking with Coconut Flour

The website looks very yummy!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Coconut flour has a very..."cleansing" effect on my digestive system. Be careful!

I made pumpkin coconut flour muffins. It required 6-8 eggs for a batch of 12!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I know it says somewhere, but where are you going on vacation? How fun!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Coconut flour has a very..."cleansing" effect on my digestive system. Be careful!

I made pumpkin coconut flour muffins. It required 6-8 eggs for a batch of 12!
    I've never had a problem with coconut flour. No digestive effects that I've ever noticed... but then again, n=1

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I figured I'd warn b/c of Tomi's fibro & IBS (right? maybe I'm forgetting). I think I've read that people with IBS tend to be more sensitive to things with fiber, which coconut flour has plenty of!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    fiber, which coconut flour has plenty of!
    It most definitely does have fiber! But it makes such awesome cakes.

Read something and it made me think of you.

This article talks about using 5-htp for depression and anxiety, but says it's good for insomia.

This article is one of many that talks about using 5-htp for fibromyalgia pain.

Even though you usually don't experience much pain with your fibro anymore, maybe it would be something good to include to prevent the insomia, while ensuring fibro pain remains at bay?