Page 162 of 464 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4635

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 162

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    SPLAT!

And a white oreo? Not even chocolate? Hang your head in shame, woman!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Swoosh, plat - wet noodles. Eggs are good for you pasta isn't!!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! I've been noodle slapped!

I know........... it was an urge I decided to indulge. And I paid for it! Leg pain last night just before bed! I drank a double shot of Tazo Calm and it did the trick - slept like a baby! Well, that and my Knock-Out (Schiff) - even my hubbies light snoring didn't keep me awake. And.......... I woke up BEFORE his alarm - I'm up and dressed at 7:15 and ready for my daily walk! I already have a load of laundry going and am preparing my day.

1. start wood finishing project - sand and apply stain/finish (2 coats) - hence the need for the early start!
    2. walk while first coat is drying.
    3. pay boatshop bills, make a deposit
    4. finish laundry/make bed
    5. Second coat.
    6. Have friends stopping by around 4 pm
    7. dinner prep

It will be a full day - as my fridays always are! I'm just glad its not take mom shopping day too!!!

Speaking of mom........... last friday she made mention of how unhappy she was where she is living. She hates being able to hear the noises that come from apartment living. Mind you - these are all retired people - no children. She lives in a small apartment complex (50 units) that is government subsidized. Her rent is extremely LOW - and this is a pretty nice place. Not run down or anything. But its apartments......... and she lives on the first floor - so she naturally will hear the upstairs person make noises. She complains that he "chases his cat around and then falls down" the noise is so loud it startles her. She complains to the manager and she won't do anything. I tell her the manager isn't there to handle squabbles between tenants. So - she's hinting that she wants to come live with one of her girls (there are 4 of us). She's already stated she won't live with the oldest. That leaves 3. The next one has made it clear she isn't going to ask her to live with her. That leaves 2. The 3rd oldest and mom have had relationship issues for many years. That leaves ONE. And as sister #2 stated the other day "Your house is the only one without stairs that could accomodate her needs as she gets older" ................. So I'm stressing about having to take in my mother. I just had my 27 year old son move out - and now I already have to start thinking about having my MOTHER move in???? THIS IS JUST NOT THE WAY I PLANNED THINGS!!!!! GRRRRR! Honestly - I'm going to play tough love with this one. Just because she doesn't like hearing her neighbors is NO reason for MY life to get messed up. As long as she is able to care for herself she will stay right where she is. She's healthy and her mind is all there.......... I'm not going to have her live with me unless there is no other option. I hope that doesn't sound cruel - but I take care of my mom out of pure obligation. I'm treat her with kindness and respect - but only because I feel that is what I'm called to do. It doesn't come from my heart - its all head-games. I'm feeling like I'm being backed into a corner - and I don't like it!

Okay.............. rant over.

one a happy note.......... I am starting the second month of EMF at 178 on the nose. I dipped down to 177ish for a day or two - but since I'm hovering around 178 I can say that is my new firm weight. By next Friday I am hoping to see 175.

Gotta get started on my day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Tomi - you don't have to take in your mother. She is in a perfectly safe place. I understand how you feel as DH is one of seven and we are the only ones (and our children) who are helping DH's parents (we pay for someone to come in and clean, do laundry, and cook for them).

Here's to heading to the 160s for you. I'm working hard to stay a bit ahead of you!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Found out my gas gauge issue is the sending unit inside the gas tank. It is a combo unit - gas pump/sensor/float all in one. The part was a bit over $300 (wholesale) and we have a friend doing the work in exchange for boat work. But, I have to run as much gas out as possible so I'm taking the LONG way to work and back - and now the car is sitting in the garage with the engine still running! What doesn't get used up will have to syphoned out. I'm not sure if it can put back in or not......... ?? not sure why not. I think I'll go shut it off.
    Maybe it's against federal law or something?

And I don't think you should feel pressured to take her in either. If anything, help her find a quieter apartment complex.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Speaking of rings........... I still have the ring from my first marriage. Ex didn't want it back. I don't know what to do with it. I guess I should see if I can sell the gold? Could be worth something now that the price of gold is pretty high. Then I have the diamond to think about too........ ??? I need to find a dealer to take both. I have some other scrap gold to get rid of too. I'll have to do some searching......
    I still have the wedding ring from my first marriage too, I've kept it for my son. When he leaves the house I'm going to give it to him, and leave it up to him what he wants to do with it. I also have a beautiful gold chain necklace I gave his father, but took back when I left him and will give that to my son on his 18th birthday (which is less than 1 year away ).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My aunt gave me the rings from her 2nd marriage when I turned 21. They're entirely too small for me (like size 4 and I wear 8.5) so I have never been able to wear them. I also have a 1/4 carat princess cut diamond I bought myself simply b/c I wanted it a few years ago. And a necklace from a previous relationship (heart with some baguettes). No use for any of it. I should look into selling it too.

Maybe I could have all those diamonds fashioned into something nice.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I decided that my mom is perfectly fine right where she is. Just because she doesn't like it is no reason for my life to get, totally turned upside down. She's healthy and totally able to live on her own. She still cooks and cleans - although I bring her laundry to my house and do it for her so she doesn't have to take it to the laundry facility at her apartments. When she becomes unable to care for herself then my sisters and I will need to work something out.

Super Bowl Party derailed my eating a bit. Nothing major - just had too many carbs and a little sugar - and rum. What the heck - it was one day - and I had fun. For the most part all the food was totally primal - just had lots of carbs in the baked potato. We also made KILLER wings using Hoshita's .......... they were SOOOO good! But I only ate 5 of the little drum stick looking parts. Probably not more than 2 ounces of actual meat. I had a small brownie, some m&m's and a few pretzels. It was a fun day! Family and friends

So - back on target today. I've walked 11 days in a row now. I'm going to wait and walk after work cuz my tummy is not feeling the greatest this morning. I feel bloated so I'm sure the scales are up a bit. Rum always does that.

Friday is vacation! I'm so looking forward to getting off and away with hubby!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

okay - Monday was not a good EMF day either.

Today will be though! I'm about to make my eggs loaded with butter and then get ready for work.

I walked this morning - but only did 1/2 my normal route - so after work I will finish it.

Have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    You are making so much progress! And I love your energy. Don't let your Mom guilt you. Mine does it often and I understand completely. You may have to take her in one day but until then be strong!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs