Page 159 of 521 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 5201

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 159

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kymma - I read that article also. Its convincing enough to try the stuff. I think I'm also going add 5HTP to my handful of pills again. I took it years ago and never really noticed a change in anything so I stopped. I think I was taking it to help with my sleep - but that was pre-primal and I was still suffering with the fibro junk. Maybe I will see a benefit from it now.

I'm doing the happy dance today because the scale is back down to 179.2 today! One week to sluff off the effects of rum adding 4 pounds! I'm just glad to have it GONE. I'm still 4/10 from my low point - but I'm sure I'll hit that tomorrow. I'm happy happy happy to be back in the 170's and I'm going to stick to my current routine and shot for the 160's now.

SuperBowl Party is the 3rd - baked potato bar, bbq chicken wings, bbq ribs. Not sure how I will navigate that day. I'm thinking a small baked potato with as much fat and meat toppings as I can get on it! Loads of butter! The toppings will include: bacon, chicken breast meat (maybe taco seasonings), cheese, chives, olives, sour cream, butter. Not sure what sides people will bring. I don't think I will have any trouble with the desserts - I'm not that fond of that stuff anymore.

the following friday - the 8th we leave on vacation. I will be totally in control of the food so I think I will be just fine. I am going to make some primal treats - not sure what yet. I want to keep the carbs low so probably nothing baked with almond flour.

blah blah blah........... I'm just wasting time cuz I need to walk and I haven't worked up to it yet. okay- here I go!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

after walking and weights today - 178 on the nose! I'm down 38 pounds from my highest weight! good grief - I still feel gross and fat......... what the heck did I look like at 216? UGH..........

If the weight continues to come off steady I know I will make my goal of being at 132-135 by my next birthday! exciting!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    YAY TOMI! I'm glad things are working out for your weight goal.

I plan to get some vitex too. Poor Brad. I'm like you - I could do without and not miss a thing. Hopefully the vitex will help that b/c the maca certainly did not (maybe I needed more?). Hoping the vitex works so I can ditch the 4 pills I currently take for it (maca, iodine, zinc).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Maca seems too risky to me, after some of the things I read, to try and increase the dose much. It made my knees ache. Plus the reason why it's supposed to work, I think, is because it does stuff to your thyroid. Vitex just helps you produce more progesterone, so I think that's probably a better option!

From what I've read, too much Vitex will give you hot flashes and breast tenderness, so you'll know when you should lower the dose, or if you don't need it. But different people will have different responses! Hence why Maca was a miracle root for some people, and not so much for us .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Maca seems too risky to me, after some of the things I read, to try and increase the dose much. It made my knees ache. Plus the reason why it's supposed to work, I think, is because it does stuff to your thyroid. Vitex just helps you produce more progesterone, so I think that's probably a better option!

From what I've read, too much Vitex will give you hot flashes and breast tenderness, so you'll know when you should lower the dose, or if you don't need it. But different people will have different responses! Hence why Maca was a miracle root for some people, and not so much for us .
    Now, my question is, why is Vitex better than a progesterone hormone? My concern is that if I start producing too much progesterone, other things will get jacked up - like taking a progesterone dominate birth control. Is it different than that since we're not supplementing with progesterone directly?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Now, my question is, why is Vitex better than a progesterone hormone? My concern is that if I start producing too much progesterone, other things will get jacked up - like taking a progesterone dominate birth control. Is it different than that since we're not supplementing with progesterone directly?
    Nevermind. I just read the article that was posted. Questions answered.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I was about to say, however, you shouldn't supplement progesterone if you're on a hormonal birth control. The BC won't be effective.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    after walking and weights today - 178 on the nose! I'm down 38 pounds from my highest weight! good grief - I still feel gross and fat......... what the heck did I look like at 216? UGH..........

If the weight continues to come off steady I know I will make my goal of being at 132-135 by my next birthday! exciting!

I understand Tomi, but you need to stop feeling gross and fat. You are a beautiful woman and need to tell yourself that regularly. Yeah on being down and on track for your birthday.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I know you're absolutely right........... I've always been terribly critical of my body. Part of it comes from living with a man for 18 years who told me I was GROSS if I was carrying 145 pounds on a 5'3" frame. He wanted me Twiggy thin. Thankfully I am not with that jerk any longer. My hubby tells me I'm sexy and gorgeous......... I need to let that sink in and let the old words go away!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    You rock girl. That is great. And listen to what that man says. He speaks truth!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs