Page 156 of 539 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5389

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 156

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    onions, carrots, potatoes, jacima, zucchini <-- Yes.

cauliflower and brocolli, some green peppers <-- might be a bit too strong on the flavor side to add to a soup... Also wouldn't want the broccoli/cauliflower to get mushy... maybe add them late?
    Agreed. I've decided on a veggie/beef curry instead of soup. Hubby has a bowl of rice he needs to use up - and I want more food - less broth for a meal
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Menu change to simple beef curry and roasted veggies. I am making only the non-starchiest veggies tonight. Only 2 smallish carrots, lots of zucchini, broc and cauliflower and some green pepper. yummssssss I'll probably eat most or all of the veggies as hubby will heap his plate with rice and load on the curry. I've only had 6 grams of carbs today so I should be okay. the veggies will not put me over 30 grams. and I'll slather them in butter so I get enough fat today too.

Going to be weird this weekend - hubby will be gone one night and I'll be alone in the house for the first time EVER!!! I will probably spend a lot of time online.

I forgot to take my supplements for 4 days! Dumb......... I need to b's and d's cuz I'm deficient - so forgetting to take them is not good for me.

Of all its been a good day. I got up and went to work this morning cuz its my early day - was off by noon. Came home and walked 2.25 miles that felt good cuz I haven't walked in 6 days - moved over the weekend, then just couldn't my butt out in the COLD! Today was not too bad - 39 F on my way home. Still needed all my heavy stuff - but I was toasty warm. I think that distance is my comfort zone. Any farther and I get achy legs and feet. I spent too much on the computer this afternoon. Made curry and chai and got the veggies ready to roast. Not sure when hubby is going to be home so don't know when to start heating up the oven. The worst thing about owning your own business is the hours. But - I've managed to deal with it for 11 years, so I guess its not that bad!

I'm trying to find something to boost my libido......... the pitfall of menopause. The Maca hasn't made any difference. I take 2 pills a day - I don't want to take more cuz heart issues are a factor at higher doses and I already have bilateral PVC's and a slight mitral valve prolapse. Don't want to risk making that stuff worse. I still have lots of pills left and will take them just for the sake of not being wasteful! I'm pretty disappointed though - I thought for sure they would work. I DO NOT want to do HRT cuz I think thats just messing with my hormones - I'm MEANT to not have those anymore - so force feeding them to my body is not a good idea. I hate to admit it - but I'm considering my doctors advice........... erotica. I haven't tried reading a good sexy book. Hubby and I have watched "those" movies a couple times - but I just find them gross and vulger! Unless you add rum to the equation and then something might happen - but haven't watched once since the Big M hit several years ago. Too bad I can't get them from Netflix - cuz I just bring myself to go into the adult shops. NASTY! The few times we've rented one - hubby has gone without me. Oh well - I'll keep searching for an answer. Maybe some chinese herbal remedy --- maybe lots of OYSTERS!

The house is smelling heavenly - I love those spices filling the air!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, definitely read the books with the sexy stuff! The nice thing about them is that your imagination helps to put you in the story.......or not. seems to me there is a thread on MDA about favorite erotic authors.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

honeybuns - I'll have to look for that thread! Any suggestions?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I believe it was in odds and Ends. I know Ritarose posted in it. If i find it first I'll let you know.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Just try and start with something milder than 50 shades...You can get erotic without the S & M. I have not read those, but others like them. Lorelei James has a whole cowboy series that is hot, but be warned, almost every book has a double penetration scene. Seems to be her thing. What about harlequin Blaze books? Fast reading.

Have you tried 5htp? Sometimes just having improved mood and getting enough sleep helps me feel more in the mood.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You still have hormones even after menopause. You even still have a cycle, it's just different and you don't get a period. I don't know how much research has been done on what appropriate levels are for a healthy post-menopausal woman, but if you could get your hormone levels tested, they might be able to tell you if something is elevated or lower than it should be. Vitex makes your body produce more progesterone, it doesn't give you the progesterone directly, for example, so I take that for my low levels.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Our bodies continue to make and need hormones after menopause. Being too low can contribute to issues such as osteoporosis. IF you were to decide to consider HRT I suggest you start by having a complete hormone panel done, a DEXA bone density scan,researching the pros and cons and then work with your doctor to do what is best for you, your body and overall well being.

As for reading material that might positive impact your libido I have bookcases full of romance novels. You are more than welcome to borrow any books you'd like.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Too bad I can't get them from Netflix - cuz I just bring myself to go into the adult shops. NASTY!
    One word: www. redtube .com (without the spaces)

It's like the youtube of erotica. Any category you could ever wish to view. All free.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Darn You Jenn!!!!!