Page 154 of 601 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6002

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 154

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Xylitol apparently has calories and carbs, so you might want to check that out. I don't know as I have never used it.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I am a speech language pathologist and work closely with a lot of children from pre-k on up who are on the spectrum. My hats off to you Mom's. If there is anything I can ever do to help, just answer questions or listen I am here. Many people with Asperger's live successful and functional lives and it sounds like each of you are providing a loving foundation for them to develop that life.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. Glad your son is all settled in. I remember when I moved away from home - I actually moved into the dorms and while it was a shock, I wasn't truly alone until the 2nd half of my 2nd semester. My roommate moved out to move in with her boyfriend and I opted not to have a new roommate as the previous ones had a different lifestyle than I and that caused a clash for us. So, I lived alone, with 30 of my closest friends. lol Then I moved out of the dorms during my 4th year, and moved into a house with 3 people - all three were REALLY good friends. We discovered WE had a lifestyle clash as well and disbanded. I have gotten over that and try all the time to reconnect with them. They always pass... *shrug* But, then I moved into an apartment. My boyfriend at the time had an apartment in the same building, directly above me. If I banged on my ceiling, he'd feel it in his feet. (He was from a strong Catholic family so we couldn't "live together"). When we broke up, I moved home to live with my dad. Then I moved in with Brad... so, I guess I have never truly "lived alone" either. wow... just realized that. lol Your son is miles ahead of me at this point!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I didn't talk to my son yesterday. He's taking on some big stuff right now - not only moving into his own house, and alone for the first time - but he's also being "loaned out" for his drafting skills and is basically in a new job for the next 5 or 6 months. Double whammy! This job will required LONG hours, like 60 hours per week - so he won't have a lot of time or energy to think about being alone. I asked him to call me last night but I just got a text saying he needed to be up early and would talk to me today instead. He's also finding out that living in the city isn't all that great for the commute. It took him 90 minutes to get home last night! UGH.............. poor kid.

Furniture is getting delivered this afternoon - so no work for me today. I never got a phone call from the delivery scheduler people so I called the store this morning and was told they "left a message on the 19th" .............. well, no they didn't. But anyway - here we are. I shampooed the carpet in the livingroom yesterday so its in pretty good shape. I'm anxious to have a roomful of new stuff! I have never got an entire "suite" of furniture! Couch, 2 chairs (all recliners), coffee and end tables too! Yeah!

I haven't eaten yet this morning. it is 11:25 and I'm just not feeling it - so I will wait until my tummy says FEED ME!! The scales were not at all nice to me this morning -- bounced back up 183. I had hit 178.6 last week. I suppose its normal as I see many others reporting similar bouncing around. I don't like it though - cuz I was so happy to be down in the 170's finally. I did have some salty food and rum over the weekend so that must be it - it certainly isn't due to calories cuz even with my little deviations over the weekend, I still stayed within my total calories limits. Whatever...... can't control it all I guess - just what goes down the gullet!

Walking will have to wait until after the furniture comes. I hope they get here early in the afternoon so I don't have to sit here all day and wait! I hate waiting......... I need to make a run to the bank at some point. But that could always wait until tomorrow. I could walk to the bank.......... need to see how far it is........ okay - its only a mile........ but after thinking about it, I don't feel very comfortable walking to the bank with the cash in my pocket. I'll drive.

We've been checking Baked Potato toppings for the super bowl party. Chili is a good one, I think I'll make one all beef and one with beans - easy enough to add beans to 1/2 the recipe. Getting pumped for the party! We've been doing this for 11 years now! and I know hubby did at least one, maybe two years prior to us getting married. So, it is tradition - and our friends and my family all plan to come to our house. This year I think we will be hosting only 8 - so a nice comfortable group.

Its taking me a while to finish this entry.............

Hunger pangs............. so I'm eating my normal 1 egg + 2 yolks in LOTS of butter nummmers! Better try to get caught up on some more journals. I fall so far behind on the weekends!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    If I remember correctly, you have had jumps like this in the past from rum on the weekends. I can imagine that if HFLC is effective for someone, that the introduction of carbs/sugar/alcohol could easily upset the balance. I hope it drops off quickly. Make sure to hydrate!

Curious, I noticed recently you mentioned eating and egg and 2 yolks. Why don't you eat 3 whole eggs?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If I remember correctly, you have had jumps like this in the past from rum on the weekends. I can imagine that if HFLC is effective for someone, that the introduction of carbs/sugar/alcohol could easily upset the balance. I hope it drops off quickly. Make sure to hydrate!

Curious, I noticed recently you mentioned eating and egg and 2 yolks. Why don't you eat 3 whole eggs?
    She wants the fat and not the protein. Whites are 100% protein (well, maybe 1 gram of carbs somehow according to MFP).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

YUP - Jenn's right. I'm trying to keep the protein in check and 3 whole eggs is just too much.

As for the rum........ you're right. I was feeling worried and anxious about my son and I needed something to mellow me out - so, I opted for the rum. I'm sure I could have found a healthier option - but hubby was not much help in that area - I caved to peer pressure!

I'm was going to throw caution to the wind on our vacation - but after drinking Saturday and Sunday nights - and feeling like I'd been put through a food processor come Monday morning.......... I'm thinking its really not worth it!!! I might sip --- but I'm not going to DRINK.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Xylitol apparently has calories and carbs, so you might want to check that out. I don't know as I have never used it.
    yes it does. 10 calories and 4 carbs in 4 grams which is a tsp. I put a tsp in my tea - seemed to sweeten it okay - just a touch. I bought some new tea....... Vanilla Chai - pretty good.

My furniture is just minutes away - the delivery driver just called and said I'm the next stop. I'm so excited! But feeling terribly over-indulgent!!! I'm not used to spending money on such things. I'll try to post a picture when I get it all placed properly!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Do you have/like tea? I realize it's not exactly an alternative to alcohol, but it could help with a different kind of relaxation (warmth, comfort, coziness) than alcohol would.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love tea........... enjoying a cup of Green Tea w/Pomagranate at the moment. Yes, I find it comforting for sure - body comfort, but not mind comfort. Sometimes I just need to shut off my brain! Sometimes I just like to get silly with hubby.

But - I keep saying I need to knock off the rum. For all obvious reasons! Its down to about one weekend a month now. Thats not so bad - but I would like to say that I only drink "occassionally". I consider that once every 3 or 4 months. I'm getting there. Hubby and I should have never started in the first place. I was a NON-drinker before we got married. Then once I realized the rum would dull the fibro pain enough that I could sleep - that was it - I used it as medicine. Once I found this WOE I was happy to let that medicine go. After that it just became recreational use. I'm getting there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter