Page 152 of 519 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5188

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 152

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yeah ill have to leave out the bacon now too.
    its one strip of bacon http://www.knightsmeats.com.au/produ...56526_zoom.JPG

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I believe a rasher is a slice, if I remember correctly......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    A side of unsliced bacon was once known as a flitch[14] it is now known as a slab. An individual slice of bacon is a slice or strip. The term rasher of bacon is occasionally encountered (e.g., on restaurant menus) to mean a serving of bacon (typically several slices).

Bacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    A side of unsliced bacon was once known as a flitch[14] it is now known as a slab. An individual slice of bacon is a slice or strip. The term rasher of bacon is occasionally encountered (e.g., on restaurant menus) to mean a serving of bacon (typically several slices).

Bacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I was thinking a rasher was 3 slices, myself. I couldn't figure out why they would call one slice a rasher instead of simply calling it a slice.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I love the differences in languages around the world! even those of us speaking some form of English - each with our own version! Its fun!

Moving day......... HAPPY DANCE!!!! Well, technically tomorrow is moving day - but today is moving PREP day! My son has never moved on his own - he had NO clue what it takes to prepare for a move. So, on my "day off" I'm packing up the remains of odds and ends that he has forgotten - or put off - or just spaced. The bathroom drawers.......... the odd loose items here and there. Doing some laundry so he isn't moving dirty towels and clothes. That sort of thing. He also has one of those beds that is a giant oak thing with the plateform base, 3 drawers on each side and a big bookshelf head board thing. UGH! I have to try to disassemble it today!!!

Better get to it!

Oh - door guy cancelled - so not doing that today! yeah!
    Last edited by tomi; 01-18-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I may have to defer the bed de-construction to the men who are coming tonight to pack all this stuff into the trailer. Its rather complicated. Maybe after I get all my stuff done I will see if I can master it! Sometimes I enjoy a good challenge! I just took care of getting the insurance check for his totally car - thankfully the adjuster had to be in the area so she just came by the house and dropped it off! SWEET!! Saved me an hour out of my day!

Next up -- take Zeus to get his stitches out. Then a couple small errands. Its going to be another FULL weekend. Maybe Sunday hubby and I will have a chance to kick back and relax............... 'cept we won't have anything to relax ON! My son is taking our livingroom furniture and the new stuff isn't coming until Tuesday! We'll be kicking back and relaxing on the floor I guess! Oh well - it will be fun!

Breakfast was my same as everyday breakfast - eggs with loads of butter! YUM...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Fibro question: I can't exercise without having to do nothing the next day. Saturday I went to a local botanical garden with Phigment and walked for about an hour and a half. Very slow movement, stopped once and just sat on a bench. Felt great. Next day, got up and went to church, came home and was on the couch all day.

Wednesday, was working on the Gingerbread Man with my kiddos. This involved several sessions of jumping up and running in place. Couldn't move almost all day yesterday. I can't handle this! Obviously you have more energy. What are you doing??
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Valmason, have you been diagnosed with fibro? Could it be Chronic Fatigue? I've read they often accompany one another. Judg has CFS. She might have some advice for you too.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I have been diagnosed w/ fibro though the two are so similar that it could be either. I hate it and am convince that I can heal.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Valmason, have you been diagnosed with fibro? Could it be Chronic Fatigue? I've read they often accompany one another. Judg has CFS. She might have some advice for you too.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I have been diagnosed w/ fibro though the two are so similar that it could be either. I hate it and am convince that I can heal.
    Others have put their fibro into remission through this way of eating. I wish you the same luck.