Page 151 of 550 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 5491

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 151

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YAY for your son, exciting stuff

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I typed a nice long post last night and I can't find it............. I wonder if I put it in someone else's journal! HA ---- if I did, and you're reading this......... tell me so I can move it!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Another low today - 178.8

I'm so excited that this is working and I'm sticking to it! I'm not having too much trouble now with keeping the carbs low - in fact yesterday I had 0 carbs!!! No good cuz I didn't sleep well at all. Today I will do better.

I am still working on the front door. Have one side stained and seal coated. This morning I put the first coat of stain on the other side. It needs to dry for several hours before I can decide if I need a second coat of stain or if I will go straight to the seal coat. The is the outside side so I'm not trying to match the stain color of anything else. But I do think I will give it a second stain anyway. I just realized I forgot to buy the trim for the exterior of the door. I may need to stop at home depot and pick that up tonight. The guy will be here to do the work on friday. Or I could go friday morning while he's working on getting the door out and the new door in. That way he can tell me exactly what I need to get.

Well, my son came home with a new-used car! I'm so excited for him! He's all set now to venture out on his own.......... FINALLY!!!! 27 years old............. he's a bit behind his peers I think. I'm hoping life will open up for him now - and that he will embrace it and chase after it instead of hide from it.

Hubby and I are going to celebrate Saturday night............... not sure yet what we'll do though. I've already told him no rum.

I'll think about it while I walk........... I'm off for my 2.25 miles.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Checking in. Glad things are still going so well for you. Yay for empty nests. It'll be like you're newly weds again!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

You are rockin' it Tomi!

Today is Thursday........... moving day is Saturday! and I just found out our new furniture will be delivered on Tuesday. Yeah! I'm so freaking excited about all this I can barely hold it in! Its tough having a kid with severe social anxiety - he's so far behind his peers in life experiences. I hope he'll catch up soon. He has a new opportunity for growth, starting next week he will be "loaned" out for his drafting skills and will be working at a large complex. Lots of new people (and girls) to meet and hopefully socialize with! The guy has NEVER been out socially with a group of his peers. I'm praying for life to open up for him! Most people go through this when their kids start dating - or start college - or move into their first apartment ............ many years before this! At 27 - he has experienced very little of life.

For a housewarming gift we took him shopping for all new bedroom linens. Sheets, comforter, pillow, curtains, etc. His old worn out stuff just won't due!!! Besides........ I was thinking - if he has a girl over he wouldn't make a very good impression with all that old gross stuff in the bedroom!!!! (not exactly something I want to think about - but I'm not naive!)

On a more personal note: Still holding rock solid to the HFLC deal - no cheats. I'm finding its easiest to have the same breakfast everyday, just not always at the same time. I let my hunger dictate what time I eat. Then dinner is a protein with a side of veggies. It works. I rarely feel hungry at bedtime.

Weight today 179.2. Wrong way, but I'm sure its due to the salty dinner last night. Spicy beef - AKA dry curry. Ground beef with all the curry spices, but no liquid added. You put it over rice and then pour the pepper water over the top - which is just beef broth with more curry spices. I don't eat the rice, and don't add the pepper water - I just eat the beef with steamed veggies. Hubby loves it - and its very easy to make.

One more coat of top sealer and the door is ready to be installed tomorrow! Yeah! But the house is going to be freezing while he's doing the work.

Time for me to go walk --- then do the final seal coat. It's a beautiful, bright sunny afternoon!

Edit: I changed my ticker to my original heaviest weight - I lost the first 10 pounds using a meal replacement diet. But - that is where I started so I'm going with that.
    Last edited by tomi; 01-17-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

What is your breakfast again Tomi?

Good plan, I think its better to do the same thing actually, should try that.
    I get you about not wanting to think about that stuff, but my boys are only 5 and 2 LOL, but I guess you know it will happen :/

I eat one whole egg + 2 egg yolks, scrambled and cooked in 1.5 TB butter. I usually sprinkle on garam masala, and a little paprika and cayanne pepper. when the eggs are done I make sure to get ALL the browned butter scrapped onto my eggs! YUMMY!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ooh that looks good.
    This morning, I fried a rasher of diced up bacon in butter, then scrambled in 2 eggs, and HWC in with it, plus 4 cherry tomatos, chili flakes and salt and pepper. Was so good! I feel much better now.
    I know I should ditch the coffee, but its hard, I am addicted again

Ayla - that sounds really good! I should add some chili flakes to my eggs in the morning! I don't do eggs and bacon together cuz it pushes me over on protein by the time I eat dinner. I'm only getting 60 grams of protein a day - so I have to ration it carefully!

What is a "rasher"????
    Read post #2626
    my motivation