Page 150 of 610 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 150

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Cutting out the alcohol is an easy 5 pound loss, let alone doing LCHF. YOu'll be shrinking quickly now!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I am soooooo happy for you!!!!! And to think, you got so discouraged at first. I'm glad you kept at it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Not sure why I was so slow to respond to the HFLC thing but its working now and I couldn't be more pleased! Last time I saw 179 was AFTER our big 2 week blow out vacation - and after I quit the medifast diet. My weight was quickly increasing! In fact in just 3 months I gained back the 50 pounds it took me a year to take off with the medifast. That was nearly 2 years ago. I was 163 at my lowest on the "diet" from hell - based on all soy products! UGH - stupidity and desperation.

This WOE is it for me - for the duration! I'm fibro free and taking of the fat - what could be better?

Yesterday was good - but too high on the fat side and my bowels are complaining about it.

1085 calories 70/17/13 --- pretty good stats - but I need to dial back the fat. I made those cream cheese clouds - or fixed the first attempt - here's my recipe

2 blocks of cream cheese
    1 cup butter
    (soften both before attempting to mix in mixer or food processor)
    1/2 cup granulated Stevia (could leave this out totally)
    1/4 honey (increase a bit if you're leaving out the stevia)
    1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
    1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
    2+ tsp of vanilla (to taste)

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! Next time I'm opting for no stevia and just using honey. This isn't breaking my new years resolution cuz I was referring to any form of processed/refined sugar.

I was low on calories cuz I didn't eat anything until we made an early dinner. Chicken and roasted veggies. So I needed MORE! I ate 3 of the clouds over the course of the evening. so rich and creamy!

Today I haven't eaten anything yet - I'm having a cup of home brewed broth at the moment I will make some eggs before I have to go to work. I think eating 2 times during the day is a better plan for me than trying to IF. That doesn't ever help on the weight loss side for me - just makes me eat a lot in a short time!

haven't walked yet today due to the need to stay near the bathroom I will have to walk after work - hopefully I will be able to get home early enough to walk while the sun is still up - cuz I hate walking in the dark.

food plan for the day:

broth
    1 egg + 2 egg yolks
    ground beef patty with bacon peices
    veggies of some sort
    1 cloud

walking plan - 2.25 miles

thats it - have a great day all!
    Last edited by tomi; 01-14-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

another high fat day yesterday but my insides seems to be taking it ok. I had a bit of a tummy ache last night. Numbers:

Calories 1358
    Fat - 70%
    Protein - 21%
    Carbs - 8%

Gonna try to stay in this area and see what happens. Weight - unchanged from yesterday. 179. I want to see 177 by weeks end.

Yesterday my son took care of a bunch of stuff.......... talked with insurance, filled accident report, got keys to his house, moved in the new stuff he bought over the weekend, filled his taxes and will be getting a nice return Its good to see him take control and do things on his own. Today he will call the utilities to have them transfered to his name, and call the car dealership to tell them to move forward on the paperwork. He might be going in after to work to sign and take delivery of his car. I'm proud of him! Now..... if he can take control of his social life and get it moving in the right direction he will be doing really good.

I'm starting to feel like I can breathe again! Having a child with severe, near debilitating social anxiety is extremely difficult. When he was first diagnosed I started doing my research. How to help him, what to expect......... that kind of stuff. I read that 65% of people with this disorder attempt suicide at least once. *gulp* He told me he had strongly considered it - but knew how deeply it would hurt me and decided that wasn't the right way to deal his issues. But I've never let go of the possibility. I think now he's going to be okay - he'll always struggle, and I think he'll always be socially awkward - but I think he'll be okay - not great - but okay. My heart is relaxing - and I feel this restriction around my gut starting to ease up and fall away.

I'm starting to understand my weight gain. Struggling to raise a child with emotional difficulties and dealing with step daughters who wanted to control every detail of the house - and having a new husband who would rather stick his head in the sand than deal with the difficulties in parenting - I turned to food as my comfort. I could control what and how I ate - that was about the only thing I could control. And I controlled myself right up to 215 pounds! At 5'3" - thats a lot of blubbler!

Well, hubby finally took control when I threatened to leave if he didn't get his act together and take back our home!!! The girls subsequently moved out and don't even come back to visit (once in 17 months, and that was Christmas). My marriage is in a REALLY good place! My son is taking his life and his future into his own hands and in 3 days will be moving into his own house. And now.I.can.breathe! I cannot begin to explain the feeling of release that is coming over me! I am so looking forward to whats coming next............ Hubby and I have been married 12 years....... and have not been without children yet. This weekend we will be ALONE. I no longer have step daughters telling me what I can and can't do - I no longer have to worry about my son - I'M FREE! I'M FREE!!

I don't think food is going to be a problem for me again. The work is now in taking off the weight - but once its off I think I can keep it off. I'm in a really good place and I'm feeling GREAT!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I'm so glad things are working out the way they are. Your life will be forever changed now. I hope your son continues to improve with his social anxiety and can find a woman suited for him in the very near future (maybe a future tenant will prove to be his Mrs. Right).

Does your hubby ever express any upset or disappointment that his children chose to walk away? I know you didn't ask him to choose the girls or you (or maybe you did) but rather said "tell them to lay off or I'm gone", but I can't help but wonder if back in his mind he's thinking he had to choose between you and them since they split on him. I feel bad for him (not b/c you did anything wrong) but because his girls pretty much abandoned him. Or does he see them outside of your home and I just don't know that? I know you're over the moon happy, so I just wonder if he's equally as happy with the way things turned out with his girls. Just curious.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn - the thing with the girls is complicated to be sure. He's sad they don't come to visit - but he does see them (when they need help with a car issue or something) and they text and call him. Not sure if they initiate the contact or if he does. He sorta writes it off to "they are grown up now and have their own life". They are both extremely busy (in their defense) with school and jobs. Youngest lives an hour away and rarely gets up this way. Eldest just lives 5 minutes away (at her moms). Eldest was the real trouble in the end. She wanted control of what happened in the house - right down to having control over how we decorated (paint and furniture placement) and would threaten to "move to mommies" when we didn't honor her demands. The last month she was hear was when hubby finally told her she needed to get a grip and focus on her own life. She behaved herself for the rest of that month, then never came back when the 2 of them moved to an apartment an hour away. She would spend weekends in town at her moms, but wouldn't come to visit.

I don't bring up that stuff too much to hubby. He likes to live with his head in the sand so I'm letting this ride. I do know for sure that he doesn't feel he had to choose - he believes THEY are the ones who made the choice. They chose to leave because they weren't getting their way. Well, eldest anyway. Youngest is just living her life. Things are find when we do see them - no tension or issues. They just don't come over and visit. They spent the night here on Dec. 23rd and we had a really nice time - played games and visited. It was good.

He's not mad at me - and doesn't hold anything against me. He did what was necessary for the growth and maturity of his girls and he doesn't regret any of it. They needed to be "put in their place" and he knows it. He actually hopes eldest finds a job in another state so she will be forced to GROW UP! Youngest is by far the most mature and able to handle life on her own. The thing is - youngest is probably going to be the one to move far away and we will likely rarely see her. She's is studying chemical engineering - and all the jobs for that field are in the East part of the country. She's not a rear strong family focused person - she'll be fine out there on her own. Eldest ---- she's trying to get a job as an elementary teacher and is currently working on her masters. She wants to find a job right here in our town, she doesn't want to move away. But she is the one who needs to move away.

Like I said - its all pretty complicated. I'm not worried that their running is going to have an effect on my marriage. My marriage is ROCK SOLID. We have a long history of loving each other............ and it survived 20 years of being apart and married to other people. We're good. And he's dealing it all pretty good.

Thanks for caring..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Jenn - the thing with the girls is complicated to be sure. He's sad they don't come to visit - but he does see them (when they need help with a car issue or something) and they text and call him. Not sure if they initiate the contact or if he does. He sorta writes it off to "they are grown up now and have their own life". They are both extremely busy (in their defense) with school and jobs. Youngest lives an hour away and rarely gets up this way. Eldest just lives 5 minutes away (at her moms). Eldest was the real trouble in the end. She wanted control of what happened in the house - right down to having control over how we decorated (paint and furniture placement) and would threaten to "move to mommies" when we didn't honor her demands. The last month she was hear was when hubby finally told her she needed to get a grip and focus on her own life. She behaved herself for the rest of that month, then never came back when the 2 of them moved to an apartment an hour away. She would spend weekends in town at her moms, but wouldn't come to visit.

I don't bring up that stuff too much to hubby. He likes to live with his head in the sand so I'm letting this ride. I do know for sure that he doesn't feel he had to choose - he believes THEY are the ones who made the choice. They chose to leave because they weren't getting their way. Well, eldest anyway. Youngest is just living her life. Things are find when we do see them - no tension or issues. They just don't come over and visit. They spent the night here on Dec. 23rd and we had a really nice time - played games and visited. It was good.

He's not mad at me - and doesn't hold anything against me. He did what was necessary for the growth and maturity of his girls and he doesn't regret any of it. They needed to be "put in their place" and he knows it. He actually hopes eldest finds a job in another state so she will be forced to GROW UP! Youngest is by far the most mature and able to handle life on her own. The thing is - youngest is probably going to be the one to move far away and we will likely rarely see her. She's is studying chemical engineering - and all the jobs for that field are in the East part of the country. She's not a rear strong family focused person - she'll be fine out there on her own. Eldest ---- she's trying to get a job as an elementary teacher and is currently working on her masters. She wants to find a job right here in our town, she doesn't want to move away. But she is the one who needs to move away.

Like I said - its all pretty complicated. I'm not worried that their running is going to have an effect on my marriage. My marriage is ROCK SOLID. We have a long history of loving each other............ and it survived 20 years of being apart and married to other people. We're good. And he's dealing it all pretty good.

Thanks for caring..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi you are really doing awesome.

Thanks, Ayla - I'm pretty excited about how things are going with this HFLC thing. I'm feeling good and I have no desire to "stray". Hubby suggested we get some rum for this weekend - as we will be celebrating our new "empty nest"! I said NO! I told him I have a New Years Resolution to hold to, so no rum!

I'm hoping to see 177 by friday.......... but then, I'm always hoping for more than I get!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hubby and my son are at the car dealer this very minute - working a deal on his car. I'm expecting to see them drive it in the garage in a bit! Yeah! I'm excited that my son will have nice reliable car - and a good deal at that.

I packed up a bunch of kitchen stuff that we are giving him for his new house - I can hardly believe he's a home owner! We still haven't been in the house - just looked at it from the street. He's done all this totally on his own. I'm a proud mama!

Four days until Empty Nest begins! can't wait!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation