Page 146 of 550 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 5491

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 146

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You may want to do an experiment with almond butter to see if you are intolerant. I have a few foods that make me bloat and gain. I have some friends that do the hcg shots, and one of the guidelines they have is to weigh everyday and when they see spikes in weight, think about what they ate because they may be having an inflammatory reaction to it. The idea is that very rarely does someone gain 2+ pounds in a day unless they are eating copious amounts of food, that in many cases it is inflammation . For me, cheese can do this if I eat too much.

I weigh in a lot. I do it as a scientist now, I am looking for food intolerance and how my body operates. I know that every time I get to a new low weight, I immediately pop back up 2-4 pounds, and then settle back to the new low if I just keep on track. I know it is a bitch, but I am working on loving my body as a vehicle that gets me through this life. I need to learn how to make it run, what works, what doesn't, and try to keep emotion out of it.

I am not that number, but that number is an indicator light on the dash of my vehicle, but it is only one indication. If I am emotional, I don't weigh so I don't take it too hard. I also weigh so that I can remind myself that over time my weight ebbs and flows, it isn't a steady progression up or down.

This is just the newest process I am trying. This journey is arduous, but worth it, because I may not be thin, but I feel soooooo much better than I did for years before I started working on my health and diet. I'd rather be fat and feel decent, than sleeping sitting up because of reflux, bloated, farty, etc.

One time a long time ago, I lived in this apt that had floor to ceiling mirrors along one whole wall fo the bedroom. I lost weight because whenever I turned and caught my belly in the mirror and had a bad reaction, I would stop, hold and hug my belly and tell it how much I loved it. I would talk about how it helped me, and also that it had protected me from the world, but that I was feeling stronger now. I still do that sometimes. All those morsels that made up that fat belly helped me survive this world. I appreciate the help, even if it is no longer required.

Sorry for the book, just got my wheels turning!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Best wishes for the new year, Tomi! So exciting to read that your "no-kids-in-the-house" day is coming closer . And good that your husband is supporting you on the no sugar, no alcohol challenge! Good luck!
    Thanks, Candy! I'm pretty excited about the coming year............. should bring some new adventures (no kids) and some healthier days (no sugar/alcohol)

Best wishes to you and you're family as well! I hope your primal snacks business catches on and takes off like wild fire!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Kymma - thanks for the "book" Its always good hear how others are working through things and coming to terms with all this.

I think my biggest struggle is dealing with the image in the mirror. I was always pretty much in control of my weight until I hit 40 years old. Then some major stressors took control of my life! One stressor led to another until I found myself 75 pounds heavier (I'm a stress eater) and fibromyalgia limited my ability to do anything about it. Now - 12 years post the beginning of it all, I can finally understand what my body has been needing. I gave it a good 70% effort for the first year - now its time for a much better effort. I'm looking forward to healthier days in 2013. Eating primal/paleo keeps the fibro at bay so I am way more active than I've been for 12 years! and I'm loving it! I'm also looking forward to seeing a smaller me in the mirror. I've never come to terms with this fat body! I hate it and I won't allow it stay around much longer. I was 215 at my highest weight - today I'm at 183. Thats a 32 pound loss.......... and I plan on taking off the rest of it in 2013. 50 more pounds! I will do this!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Okay ---- power fat bomb eggs for breakfast! Yeah!

Dinner........... need to think about that. We have tuna loin in the fridge so I'm guessing thats what I'll be making.

Weight today 183. A smidge under yesterday. as long as the smidge is LESS I'm a happy girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Food - 1208 total calories
    Fat - 67%
    Protein - 23%
    Carbs - 6%

Yeah!

Also - I walked 2.25 miles

I call it a good day!

2 whole eggs + 2 yolks for breakfast - scrambled in 2 TB butter
    14 grams pork rinds
    1 TB sour cream
    16 oz of mixed veggies (broc, caul and zuch)
    2 TB butter
    4 oz roast

I think I'm happy with todays planning and choices! and movement! Maybe this will all start to fall into place for me now - a YEAR into primal - you'd think I'd have it figured out my now! I'm hoping this will be my pattern from now on and I will start to see some REAL weight dropping off. YES --- weight isn't my only goal, but I have my health in pretty good shape right now, so my weight is my FIRST priority right now. GET THE POUNDS OFF!!!

I was feeling a bit stiff today when I started out on the walk. I got about 3 blocks and thought - boy maybe I will only do a mile tonight - but then I kept pushing on and managed to get the whole thing in! My favorite route is 2.25 miles. It was dark by the time I got home........... hubby gets upset at me when I walk after dark so I didn't tell him He bought me a pepper spray and I'm supposed to take it with me when I walk - but I don't always remember. I will put it in my coat pocket so I always have it with me.

EDIT: its now 9:47 and I'm hungry.......... ugh. I hate going to bed hungry.
    Last edited by tomi; 01-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Couldn't take the empty stomach pains so I got up and ate a serving of pork rinds. 80 cal., ZERO carbs! 5 fat and 7 protein. It pushed my protein to 77 grams. My target is 60, with 66 max. So I'm a tad over - but if I can't sleep cuz I'm hungry them something has to give. I'm still only 1288 total calories for the day - minus my walk and I'm at 967. That should show some happiness on the scale!

Pork rinds are gone and I'm still feeling hungry............ but need to go to bed! its 1 AM. UGH.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Cup of beef broth?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yay for making it longer on the walk!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. Checking in. I hope you're having a great day today!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Whats up with the site today? I posted a nice long story in my journal earlier and it got lost in cyber space! UGH! And SLOW to post! holy cow!!!! they must be doing some maintenance or there is a glitch in the system somewhere..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation