Page 145 of 522 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 5217

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 145

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks! I like it a LOT! I forgot to do the bathroom though......... just ordered another roll of wallpaper border - its really cute - has beach showers and chairs on it! Cute for the bathroom.

Day 5 is going great!

3 eggs 3 bacon for breakfast
    carrots sticks and ranch snack
    Dinner will be 1/2 head of cauliflower mashed with butter and sour cream, seasoned with chived, dill and garlic, topped with shrimp/bacon fried together. YUM! I'll be a bit shy on fat though. I'm at 61% ...... I may have to add more than 2 TB each of butter and sour cream. ??? Or maybe I'll just call it good at that.

I haven't weighed yet........ was going to this morning - but when I came downstairs my son was in shower - I was going to weigh after hubby and I walked 2 miles, but then I forgot and ate breakfast. I want to hold off until next friday. Not sure I'll make it. I'm still fighting to get under 180. I've had no alcohol and no sugar since New Years Eve I know, its only been 5 days.

I didn't walk for 3 days. Felt good to get out there today, even though its freezing cold! Need to stay on it and walk every single day!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We're off to church........ our church is so big we need to have 5 services! 2 on Saturday night and 3 on Sunday morning.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Started the day with a good 2 mile walk. I love it when hubby goes with me - cuz it makes it more fun - and cuz he really needs to take off some weight! Not a lot - but he's carrying too much around his gut. Not attractive - not healthy. I'd like to see him take off about 20 pounds. But, he doesn't seem to be motivated to take it off. Right now he's making himself breakfast - pancakes with Mrs. Buttersworth syrup. Oh dear.......... what am I going to do with him.

I haven't stepped on the scale since Dec. 31st. I was 182. I've been on track and doing great since Jan. 1st. No sugar, no alcohol. I was feeling really bloated for most of the time, until yesterday. Today I'm feeling much better. I'm feeling smaller - and seem to look smaller in the mirror. My toosh is less rounded and more flat! Gotta love that. I've always had an "ample" back side and have always been ultra self-concious (sp?) of it! I will be happy to not have to worry about it when I'm at goal weight.

Haven't eated anything yet. Green Tea seems to be satisfying enough for now. We're making a seafood tonight. Hubby wants to do a stirfry, but I think the fish will all just crumble into tiny peices and make a mess. I'd rather make a chower. Maybe a stew? I'll have to do some recipe hunting. We've got shrimp, tuna, salmon and crab thawing. Have to find something yummy to do with it.

I need to cut back on the carbs a bit more. I'd like to keep them consistantly at or below 10%. If I average out the past 5 days I'm at 10% - but I'd like to keep them steadily at or under because I don't want to be kicked out ketosis. Not that I am even in it yet. I don't have any of the "syptoms" people have talked about. No tinny taste in my mouth, no frequent pee trips, no burst of energy (although steady consistant energy for sure!). I don't know. Maybe the couple times I've gone over 10% have thrown me out of ketosis. Going to read a bit more about it today.

Off to search for a recipe......... have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Update on my son: he's packing and preparing to move to his own house! The final inspection has been complete, the report sent to the underwriter, he needs to obtain an insurance binder, and he's waiting for notice of escrow close date! If all goes well, he will be closed by Friday and we will be moving him into his new house! That means, by next Sunday we will officially have NO kids living with us! I can't even imagine how that will feel.......... the girls left 1 1/2 years ago to share an apartment at college. Youngest has staying in her own apartment, oldest has moved back in with her mom. My son is turning 27 in April, and aside from a 6 month stay with his dad has been with us 100%. So, having him gone is going to be very weird. GOOD weird -- but still weird. I'm anxious, excited, and fearful all at the same time. Anxious and excited for us --- fearful for him. Fearful because he has never been out on his own - and now he's taking on the responsibility of a new home. BIG transition - and it scares me. Also - its not like he's just down the street and we can easily help him if he needs it - he's moving an hour away. I'm sure he'll be fine - but I anticipate several phone calls asking for help with things. He has a lot to learn!

And I have a lot of letting go to do. I've been working really hard at it. With the problems he's had (extreme social anxiety) I have been a bit protective of him over the years... I've been working really hard at stepping back and letting him handle his life. He works full time and is doing well in his career - but he really has no personal life. No social life at all. He just goes to work and comes home every day. He'll be renting out rooms in his house so hopefully that will help him with his socializing skills. Time will tell.

I should have been going through this separation thing many years ago ---
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I walked twice yesterday - total of 3.25 miles.

Feeling frustrated with this HFLC thing. I'm not getting it totally right - not high enough on fat and low enough on protein and carbs. But I'm bloated and feeling nauseous most of the time. I'm thinking this isn't going to do it for me. I might need to go back to my low carbing and not fuss over the other stuff.

Weight............. 183.4 this morning. Yes, I stepped on the scale. I needed to know where I'm at today. I have to figure this thing out so I can back to losing. I'm so far from my plan its making me panic! My birthday isn't going to change - and I'm still determined to reach my goal weight by July 25. UGH!!!! What more can I do? I'm keeping my calories in check, and I'm keeping my carbs low. Maybe I need to go lower?

I binged on almond butter last night............ pushed my calories to 2000 for the day. But carbs were still only 48 grams. I know this WOE works for me cuz I'm down 25 pounds over the past year. But I'm thinking this HFLC thing is NOT working for me. I put a message on the MOAR fat thread asking for advice --- I won't make any decisions until I hear what comes of that. But I'm just about ready to call it quits. But I want to make sure I give it a fair try. Maybe a week isn't long enough. Maybe my body needs more time to adjust and adapt?

Gotta go walk, then get to work. the manager is out today and I'm responsible for distributing paychecks - and everyone wants them before they go to lunch!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It might not matter that carbs were low and such. How much is a "binge" on almond butter? You probably just ate too much of it! I don't feel very good if I have more than a couple of tablespoons in a sitting.

You are missing a gall bladder, correct? Could just be that it's too much fat for you. You could try digestive enzymes before any meal with protein & fat, or a bit of apple cider vinegar in water just before eating (some people find this gross, I find it pleasant).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Tash. Find some digestive enzymes to help you break down the fat, and increase that fat some more (slowly - like inching higher over a period of weeks) and decrease those carbs some more. 50 is the so-called magic number, but your magic number may be lower. I seem to do better if I stay below 40 gm carbs per day. And don't eat them all in one sitting or it'll throw you out - that's a lot of glucose all at once. Space it out.

I'd give it a good month before you quit. You might not be there *just yet*.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    PS, this is my third attempt at keto and I'm just now registering on the urine sticks. (well, last week I did, before I had the sugar this weekend). It might be that your body is still working through it's stored glucose. Give it more time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Tash and Jenn - that all makes really good sense and I know I need to just settle in and ride it out for a bit. Its a little frustrating when I'm reading all the pounds dropping on the MOAR FAT thread - and then I step on the scale and see a GAIN! UGH! that just throws me into a tail spin!

I have to say I'm proud of going sugar and alcohol free since the 1st. Last night I said to hubby that I wished we had something sugar free that was really yummy! He said - like rum! UGH.......... *faceplant*. He's trying though. He's agreed to go alcohol free with me (except during our vacation next month) and he is being really good about the sugar thing too. Last night he went to the store (alone, which always means trouble) and did NOT bring home anything bad. Everything was veggies! what a guy! It makes it 1000 times easier for me if I have his support and commraderie (sp?). I can do this much easier if he isn't sitting next to me on the couch with a bag of m&m's and/or a glass of rum/diet coke.

Okay - on a positive ............... I walked 3.25 miles yesterday, broke into 2 walks. Today I have already gone 2.25 miles and am going to try to go at least another mile. But, I'm sitting here on the computer when I should be staining my new front door cuz the guy is coming to install it on Friday........... So - I'm off!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Front door stained and drying. Morning will be a second coat cuz its not dark enough - then tomorrow night I will do the first coat of sealer - this is only ONE side! I still have to flip it over and do the other side. Oh boy........ the things I get myself into to. After the door I have to stain 50 feet of moulding and on friday it all goes up......... I may have to postpone the going up until next week. Need to call the guy who doing the work.

Have been doing a little tweaking on the food charts.......... I've decided I will start each day with 2 eggs + 2 yolks, scrambled in 2 TB butter. That will give me a good fat base to work on. This meal may not be until late afternoon cuz I often fast until I get home from work - all depends on how the morning goes. But that would make a great get home from work meal. but doing this I will have nearly 1/2 my fat grams taken care of with that one meal - and NO carbs, and 1/3 my daily proteins. So, add a bit of meat with some veggies and some fats for dinner and I should be good to go! I like this plan. Eggs are easy, and yummy! I will have to forgo the bacon for a while I guess since having bacon always makes it hard to stay within the protein limits.

I like this idea............. I will do this for a week and see how it goes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Best wishes for the new year, Tomi! So exciting to read that your "no-kids-in-the-house" day is coming closer . And good that your husband is supporting you on the no sugar, no alcohol challenge! Good luck!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)