Page 143 of 519 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5187

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 143

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We're taking Zeus to the vet on Friday for surgery. He has a "cyst" on his side, just behind his front leg. Its been there for several years, and was about the size of a large grape. Well, about 4 months ago it started to grow and is now the size of a lemon. Doc told me last week it is most likely cancerous due to the fast growth rate, and it feels hot to the touch. We're not going to pay the extra $100 to find out if it is cancer. We'll just watch him to see what happens. He's not acting sick at all, so perhaps it is contained to that one lump. Hubby will take him in Friday on his way to work and I will pick him up when they call to say he's awake and ready to go home. Sure hope nothing bad happens to him. I do love that dog!!!

Tonight I was eating pork rinds and accidentally inhaled a small bit! I coughed and choked until I had tears streaming down my cheeks! I couldn't really talk for about 15 minutes - it was very scary! Once I coughed it all out I was fine, but I was really uncomfortable for a little while. So, take it from me, don't sniffle when you're eating anything!

Today I started my final project on the 5th wheel........... sewing the side curtains! They are turning out really nice and I'm very happy with the results. I put up the wallpaper border on Friday and it looks great! But I ran out before getting the bathroom, so I will just removed what is there and call it good. The bathroom doesn't need a border anyway. Hubby said he is amazed at the difference with the proper colors and everything matching. He loves it and is very pleased with results also. I still have 7 more curtains to sew, but they are all pressed and ready so it shouldn't take that long. I'm hoping to get them done in the morning. I'll post before and after pics when the project is complete!

Tomorrow is hubbies birthday. I'm making him chicken curry for dinner. I might get him a small cake - he loves chocolate cake smashed up in a bowl of milk.

I must say I'm happy to see the holidays come to a close. There is something comforting about routine and normalcy. Once Thanksgiving hits its just crazy until Jan 3rd.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    You could get him flourless cake! It's basically eggs, butter, sugar, & chocolate. It's VERY dense, and VERY tasty. I don't know how well it would mash up, though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Coll is online now Senior Member
    There is a delicious chocolate cake recipe on Elana's pantry!! We ate that twice this holiday season - once for DD's birthday and once for the kids party. Oh and we sold another by the piece at the craft fair we went to. Even people who were not primal bought and loved it It is a lovely way to have a treat without the guilt and nasty repercussions ... hope you have a lovely day with DH and your RV is sounding awesome! I may need to take a page out of your book and redo the curtains in our tiny old camper!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    There is a delicious chocolate cake recipe on Elana's pantry!! I may need to take a page out of your book and redo the curtains in our tiny old camper!

Thanks, Coll! I may add that to my baking list once I reach goal weight. For now - I'll just get him a single peice of chocolate cake to enjoy on his birthday - since he isn't primal it won't really matter!

As for the camper - go for it! I'll be posting pics later today so y'all can see how an RV can be transformed! I'm really excited about it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I must say I'm happy to see the holidays come to a close. There is something comforting about routine and normalcy. Once Thanksgiving hits its just crazy until Jan 3rd.
    I have to say that I agree!!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Cake by the slice is the way to go. We went out to Braum's for our New Year's Eve sundaes so that I wouldn't have to be looking at the leftovers for two days. Well worth it!

Day 2 - Today didn't go quite as planned for the hubbies birthday. I was going to make the curry after work - but ended up working longer than I planned. I was so upset that I didn't get his birthday curry made!!! Made me cry to think I failed him .......... But he's a peach and said not to worry, we'll do it tomorrow. What a guy. I did manage to go to the store on the way home from work and get him a single piece of chocolate cake. He ate it for dessert - but said it wasn't as good as my cakes - which are just cake mixes!!

Didn't weight this morning. Will on Friday. I did an unplanned 24 hour fast. I didn't make the time to eat before I left for work, since I was finishing up the curtains for the 5th wheel, plus cleaning up the livingroom from my sewing frenzy! I had some bills to pay, some dishes to do............ you know - the normal junk. As I left the house for work I'm thinking, "uh oh, forgot to eat" I figured I'd be home in about 3 hours and I'd get something then. But, work was longer than I planned and I didn't get home until nearly 5:30. We ended up eating left over beef hash from last night (yummy!), then I ate some pork rinds. I also had 2 large mugs of green tea with pomagranate and stevia. I'm pleasantly full, but have only had about 900 calories today. Approx %ages = 53/28/11 on the fat/prot/carb chart. As always, on the low side for fat - and on the high side for carbs. Chalk that up to the red spuds in the hash. I tried to get hubby to make it with cauliflower only and no potatoes, but he doesn't quite get the whole nutrutional ketosis thing - nor does he even begin to understand macros. I try to tell him and his eyes glaze over.

No real sugar cravings - but a "hankering" for something "treat-like". We do have oreos - but that didn't even sound good. Basically our house is treat free! There is no sugary food (except the oreos) and no alcohol! Yeah!!!! Feeling good - I wasn't terribly hungry today even though I was fasting. I heard my tummy grumble a couple times. When I got home I ate a peice of home-grown jerky while I finished up my to-do list for the day........... finish the filing for 2012!

I need to get some high fat items that are NOT dairy. Cream cheese crab dip is giving me diarrhea. So I guess cheese cake is permanently off my list of desirable sorta primal desserts. Big bummer! Unless of course, I take a lactaid pill to counteract my lactose intolerance.

So - the 5th wheel is nearly complete - we have one broken curtain tie down thingy that needs to be replaced. I'm gonna try to go the RV parts place tomorrow after work (its my early day) - and then once I have everything in place I will take and post the before and after pics. I also decided to find a suitable wallpaper border to cover the one in the bathroom instead of just removing it - actually hubby decided for me cuz he says its easier to do that then to try to remove all the sticky gunk. He probably right. Just means shopping for paper that works - or trying to find the stuff I ordered before. I may have saved the website info........ humm, need to check that out. It feels pretty dang good to have that project complete!!! And I think it looks amazing! Can't wait to share the pics!

We're starting to make some plans for our vacation. We're going south on the Oregon coast. As far as Gold Beach. There seems to be lots of stuff to do - tide pools, state parks and stuff. It will be cold so not sure how much we'll venture out - plus we'll have the hound dog with us and with his hip dysplasia we won't be able to take him on any long walks. About 4 blocks and he's done in. But it doesn't matter - cuz we have loads of fun just hanging out in the 5th wheel - cooking, playing games, reading and watching movies. I have 5 weeks to be totally sugar and alcohol free! Hopefully I will see a nice drop in my weight in that time. A good 10 pounds would be totally awesome! My plan is to stay MOSTLY sugar free during the trip - but I told hubby I'd take some rum and diet coke for us to enjoy in the evenings. I just need to keep it to a minumum! I need to start thinking about menus so I'm prepared. We'll take some meat from home, and maybe buy some there. There is a good market with a really good meat department, and fresh fish (or so says Travel Advisor) I'm getting excited! I sooooo look forward to our Feb. vacations. This has been a tradition since we first got back together in Feb. of 2000. I was living in Idaho - and we got together for our first weekend at a beach house on the Oregon coast. It was emotionally intense! We barely slept --- we had 20 years to catch up on! We talked and talked and talked! We cried a lot and laughed a lot! Ever since we have counted that weekend as an anniversary and the first weekend of every Feb. we have gotten away for some private time to just enjoy each other. Its always an amazing time together. So, we both look forward to it each year. Last year we spend a week in Washington State along the west side of Discovery Bay, the year before that we took a trip to Florida with a 1 week cruise to the Southern Carribean. We went to Universal Studios and Disney Downtown. Before that, trips to the beach, 2 other cruises, and some I guess I've forgotten! There has been 12 of these Feb. weekends!

The fridge is getting delivered Friday! Can't wait! Hubby discovered that he needs to put a shut off valve on the waterline leading to the ice/water thing on the fridge. So, a trip to Home Depot, and some plumbing for him tomorrow!

Zeus goes in for surgery on Friday. Couldn't get here soon enough cuz that bump on his side is still growing - and starting to get a bit "distorted". It was perfectly round and symetrical but is now forming some bulges and flat spots. Its also red in the center and hot to the touch. Makes me cry to think he may have cancer. UGH! I was NOT going to fall in love with this dog! But he made it impossible not to! He's so darn cute and funny and loving......... No more dogs for me after this!

Tomorrow - work early, with a stop at the bank on the way in (work deposit). Then the RV parts store, then home to start the curry. Better get to bed............. night all. Well, since MOST of you are east of me, I'm sure you're already dreaming
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think I got confused somewhere or missed something. What's the 5th wheel you keep talking about? I thought it was an RV, but I have no idea.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

5th wheel is her camper. Some people have been calling it an RV, but it's more like an RT (recreational trailer). It's a pull-behind camper.

Tomi, I hope your dog will be ok.