Page 142 of 611 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6105

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 142

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was actually anxious to walk yesterday. A good place to be.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I walked 2.25 miles yesterday. Then screwed up the entire day of good eating and exercise by having rum which lead to eating 6 oreos.

Total calories:1842
    carbs: 115 grams
    fat: 51 grams
    protein: 80 grams

how do I get lots of fat but keep the protein in check? I seem to consistantly have too much protein. My goals are:

Total Calories: 1400
    Carbs: 30 grams
    Fat: 120 grams
    Protein: 50 grams

Yesterday I thought I was doing good, but my numbers were all upside down!

To top it all off I totally bawled out my husband last night for doing something really inconsiderate! Here's the story: About a week before christmas he informs me that the EX had called him to see if he wanted to go in 1/2 with her on something for daughter #2. It was to the tune of $250. He agreed to do that before discussing it with me. I let him know it pissed me off that he was still co-parenting his now 20 year old daughter and that the "shared" gifting needs to stop. On top of that - we had not even discussed a dollar amount for this Christmas. We give the kids $ instead of gifts cuz they need the money more than they need whatever we would buy them. Plus they get gifts from multiple other sources. Anyway ---- because he agreed to do this with the EX, it locked us into giving all 3 of the kids that amount of money. The part that pisses me off the most is that he made the decision to do this without consulting me - and now I was being forced to go along with it. Basically he and his EX decided what I was going to give MY son for Christmas. I would not have chosen to give them that much money. He said he just assumed we would be giving them the same that we gave them last year, which was $250 each. But, he still should have discussed it with me first AND he should not be going in with the EX to buy things for the girls anymore. They are 23 and 20 years old. If the EX thinks one of the girls needs a $500 gift she can cough up the money on her own! I don't even know what it was......... he said it was some kind of a computer thing. Probably an I-Pad or something. So, I tried to let it go - it was done so getting all upset wouldn't change it. I sat on it for a week trying to just deal with it without making a fuss. But last night I just exploded!!!! I'm still pissed off royally and I don't even want to see him tonight. We have to go to an anniversary party for my sister and I'm hoping there will be plenty of people I can talk to so I don't have to hang out with him. I know he's going to be all lovey and try to make amends. I'm sure he's gonna want to make love tonight, cuz you know men............. sex fixes everything in their little pee brains. Well, he better know that I have no intention of trying to help him feel better about this.

AAARRRRRGGGGG! In the past I would "medicate" my anger with food. Something like a homemade coffee cake - and not a single peice, I would have eaten the whole thing. I think I'll just cook some bacon and go for a walk.

I need to work on the 5th wheel today since hubby didn't help me after work like he said he was going to. First thing to do is put up the wallpaper border. I hope I don't screw it up. Then, start sewing the side curtains. I need hubby to help hang the valances. Then put the dining chairs back in. I have to put in a few furniture tacks on those. Then it will be ready for our vacation in Feb.

I also need to get some high fat food. Pork rinds sound like a great snack!
    Last edited by tomi; 12-28-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Okay............. New Years Resolution time.

I've been thinking about this for a while and I think I'm ready to make a commitment to it...................

My New Years Resolution is going to be:

Giving up all forms of sugar - white, brown, and alcohol.

this means - no commercial made sauces. I've sorta broke my addiction to ketchup And I don't eat salad dressings too often anymore. So........... I can make the jump to not intentionally eating any form of sugar.

The more difficult part will be giving up the alcohol. It isn't good for my body, it has no benefits nutritionally, its expensive, and I can most certainly live without it.

So I'm making the commitment. Sugar and alcohol are gone. I won't ask hubby to do the same - he can do whatever he wants.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Look out 2013! I'm coming in HOT!

I'm excited!!!! I've been digesting my New Years Resolution and I feel really good about it. I've always been really good about keeping my resolutions so I'm feeling very confident that I will keep this one. I'm just thinking about all the benefits to giving up sugar and alcohol.

#1 - the weight should melt away!!!!
    #2 - I will feel amazing!!!!

that says it all right there.

anyone want to join me on this?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about hubby not talking to you first. That aggravates me too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I got a new cell phone I've finally advanced to the "smart phone" world. I got an iphone 4s. I can talk to the dang thing and it will talk back to me! I downloaded the app from MapMyWalk.com ............ I can walk, and that thing will map my route, tell me how far I've gone, how fast I'm walking, and how long I've been walking. You can change it to biking, running, hiking and several other options. I love it! I hope its accurate. It will also calculate calorie usage. I never wanted a smart phone, but I'm glad I have it.

Yesterday I had a great eating day! LOTS of fat - very little carbs! I walked a mile only - have been a bit sore from doing 5 miles in 2 days after not walking at all for week.

Today has been good also. I ate something bad this morning - actually I think it had to be the orange juice I drank. We went our for breakfast - eggs, bacon and hashed browns - hubby had the same and he didn't get sick. I drank a glass of orange juice that was obviously made from concentrate. It was very thick and rich and sweet. Within 20 minutes I was cramping up - and about 45 minutes after I was desperate to get to the bathroom!!!! It was a very painful and miserable 10 miles home. Once it was through me I was fine. Very weird. But, the plans for the day got all messed. We were going to hit some stores and see what kind of after christmas clearances we could find......... but I decided home was a better option. It was a case of absolute necessity to get home.

One more day before I go sugar and alcohol free (except for our feb. vacation) I plan to stay sugar free even then, but told hubby I would have some rum with him. I'm so excited that his is going to do this with me! He hasn't agreed to the sugar part... but I'm working on him.

I'm so anxious to start seeing the weight coming off - and feeling really good from eating really good. I give you all permission to throw rotten eggs if I break my resolution - and I promise to be honest about it if I do. I'm going to try my hand at making my own ketchup and other sauces and dressings. Maybe I'll buy Mark's new book.

I wanted to see a number under 180 by the end of the year - but thats not happening. I'm hovering around 182-185 - fluctuates day to day. But - I'll see it soon. I'm determined to see my goal weight by my birthday in July. 140 pounds will feel so good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Smart phones are fun. It's probably accurate enough for your purposes, since you're just using it to get an idea of what you're doing, not really relying on it for anything. Enjoy!

I'll throw fresh eggs, so you have something nice to eat .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The app I used on my phone to track my walks was a Garmin app. It cost like 99 cents but I trusted it b/c I also had a garmin wrist watch dealio (but I had forgotten it that day, so I downloaded the app). Garmin is accurate to about 10 meters according to some research I read. Since it doesn't HAVE to be more accurate than that, it's not. The article I read was sparked by runners asking why their distance was off so far when they had run a USA Track & Field sanctioned run, which is measured by USATF personnel. It was interesting to me b/c I'd run a half marathon (13.1 miles), but my garmin came in at 12.85 miles. I knew the distance of the race was right b/c it was USATF sanctioned... turns out my garmin was off by that far b/c it's not calibrated to be perfect since it's a personal use item, not something used by say planes, and whatnot.

ANYHOW, for our intents and purposes, they're accurate enough, but could be off by as many as 10 yards/meters (which is about 30 foot).

I will be joining you in the no refined sugar thing. I fully intend to complete my 21 Day Sugar Detox (starting Wednesday) which will eliminate ALL forms of sugar, but I don't intend to give up 100% pure, natural sweeteners like 100% maple syrup and local honey if a recipe I'm making calls for it for the whole year. And I might actually start my 21 Day Sugar Detox after my son's birthday party on the 6th. I ordered cupcakes with an Angry Birds theme. He likes Angry Birds, monster trucks, mario kart, etc. Sadly, they don't have a Mario Kart cake as that's his current obsession. Monster trucks have always been an obsession of his, but we've already done a monster truck cake.

Anyhow, I'll be doing 21 day sugar detox stuff until the 6th, will enjoy a cupcake with my son for his birthday (and pizza since we're holding it at a pizza joint that has a game room and stuff to keep the kids entertained), and then start my 21 day detox again. I won't be joining you in the no alcohol thing b/c I really don't drink. Maybe a glass of wine 3x a year or so.

I'm so excited that you're giving up alcohol for a while. I bet you'll see great results from that alone. And I'm thrilled your hubby is joining you in it. That'll make it so much easier to remain on track. January is going to rock!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hey, Jenn! January is going to be a great month! I'm hoping by friday I will see the scale drop below 180 - I'm 182 today. I will walk every day - even if its only a mile.

Todays food:
    Breakfast - bacon (duh!)
    Dinner - fillet mignon and roasted veggies
    Dessert - cheesecake
    Beverages - lots of water all day - and rum/diet coke tonight.

Tomorrow starts no sugar/no alcohol.

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for being a part of my little world!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 1 of the fat challenge - and of my New Years Resolution!

3 eggs, 3 bacon, 2 oz colby/jack
    4 oz beef with veggies (hash style)
    Pork rinds and cream cheese crab dip (homemade)

1.25 mile walk.
    took supplements
    sleep great last night (even after 2 Large glasses of rum and coke)

Hoping to up the walking to a minimum of 2.25 miles a day.

I'm looking forward to seeing some changes in my weight! yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation