Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5816

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 141

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Way to go Tomi....Keep it going!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    A couple weeks ago the doctor put me back on statins - after a 2 month hiatis to see if eating primal would drop my cholesterol numbers. Unfortunately it didn't work as planned. So, due to high cholesterol and an elevated CRP she said I need to go back on the statins at least until I lose weight and get my CRP down in the safe range. But the statins are causing some major aches and pains! So, I sent my doc an email and told her I'm going off of them. Not sure what she'll say - but I'm sure she won't be happy about it. If they are causing that much pain they can't be good for me - the cholesterol will have to lower at a slower rate with diet and exercise. No statin last night - and no pain today. Seems to be a direct correlation.
    Statins have no proven value for women and I wouldn't want any man on them either.

Please read this article.

Enjoy Saturated Fats, They're Good for You
    Last edited by tapper47; 12-25-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Just started reading this today and didn't realize how old this was.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I hate that! It is so frustrating. I feel your pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I hear you on that. I must say, when I hear that women who weigh what I do are fitting into 14s, when I am bouncing between 18 and 20, I have to ask, 'where's the justice in this world!?!'
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    OKAY! Christmas is done and the next one isn't for another 364 days! I indulged a tiny bit on some treats - but for the most part I'm very happy with how I navigated through the days of terrible food options. I few times I just sat back and wondered why people think its necessary to stuff their faces with all that sugar and flour ladden crap food! Candies and cookies and pies and cakes and donuts and cinnamon rolls ................ why? Because it tastes yummy........... thats the only reason. Gotta get that sugar induced endophine rush! Here is a list of my indulgences over the past 3 days:

Some pretzel/hershey kiss/m&m snacks.
    A few bites of pie crust.
    A few bites of whipped topping with chocolate sprinkles.
    A couple brazillian candies (very little sugar added).
    A handful of peanuts.
    Too many rice crispy treats.
    Panko breaded shrimp.
    Rum and Baileys.

I think I did okay. Now I'm back on track and I'm determined to see the end of the year through without any more bad choices. I still want to see a loss on the scale during this season of gaining. Even if it is only a single pound - I will feel I accomplished something amazing! Most americans will gain 7-10 pounds during the holidays. I'm happy to say I won't be counted as one the statistics this year!

Christmas Eve we decided to have filet mignon for dinner. We bought some beautiful steaks and hubby bbq'd them to absolute melt in your mouth perfection! They were by the far THE best filets I have ever eaten! So, now when we are in the mood for a good steak - we won't be going to a restaraunt - we'll be firing up the grill!

I'm working on my New Years Resolution............ I'm considering giving up alcohol. I lived the first 42 years of my life without it - so, I think I could manage to do without it now. It doesn't add anything beneficial to my life, and it causes complications in my weight loss efforts.

I haven't walked for a week because I was sick, then the holidays made life too busy and full. I will start again tomorrow.

Vacation is coming up soon - I think we're going to take off the day after the Super Bowl (we always host so we have to be home). I still have to finish the 5th wheel redecorating - put up the wall paper border and finish the window coverings. Hubby and I are going to work on that this week in the evenings. We're looking forward to getting away! This year - we will have to take the dog with us since my son will be moving into his own house in a couple weeks. We've never taken him on vacation with us - wondering how he'll do. He did great the couple times we took him on the boat - but it was never for an overnight trip. I'll have to bath him and thoroughly brush him before we go - and brush him while we're gone. I might throw the vacuum in the 5th wheel so I can clean up his dog hair during the vacation.

Speaking of my son........... He's doing really good! The house should close escrow in a couple weeks - then ............ off he goes! PHEW! what a long road this has been!

better get moving - have to have some bacon and then get ready for work. Have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Maybe I'll just make him a care box of toilet paper and some food for the first few days while he's getting settled and figuring out where things are - like stores and such.

What a great idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    hubby wants me to do some research on refridgerators (son is taking ours when he moves into his new house). We thought we would get the Samsung french door with dual ice makers, but hubby talked to his buddies at an applicance repair shop and they said stay clear of samsung! They said way too much electronics, and a bugger to get parts for. So - hubby wants me to find something else to look at. Fridgadaire has a dual ice maker so we will probably look at that one. I think Lowes carries it. Hopefully after the holidays we will see some clearance and close out sales happening. I don't want to spend $2000 on a stupid fridge! We want the ice/water in the door thing cuz we use it a LOT! With just the 2 of us now we don't need a huge one - the Fridgedaire I'm looking at is 26.5 cubic feet I think. Something like that anyway. It should work find if we can just find it at the right price. they also have the smudge-free stainless finish.
    We have a Frigidaire Gallery - french doors with a pull out drawer freezer. No water dispenser, but it has an ice maker. We don't use either, so didn't see the point in buying one with them. This one came with high reviews from a customer in the store and fit our needs for size. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Our fridge is an Amana, which we bought in 1990, and has only needed new door seals since. So, we like that brand. It holds its temperature REALLY well.
    Those are made in Iowa. At my job prior to working for the government, I went to Whirlpool in Amana, Iowa (Amana refrigerators was bought by Whirlpool, but Whirlpool still manufactures Amana fridges) and sold them fasteners (bolts, washers, etc). I got to see all sorts of refrigerators traveling overhead on conveyors.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

We ended up buying a Kenmore (buillt by LG) - got a killer deal cuz the fridge was mis-labeled. We saved $600 because someone making the signs made a mistake! Its a french door, with double freezer drawers, ice and water in the door, and has the full length veggie/snack drawer beneath the 2 crisper drawers. It also has slide away shelves for storage of TALL items. I think its 27 cubic feet. Paid $1899 and got the 5 year service plan too. Its being delivered on the 4th.

We also bought new livingroom furniture since our son is taking what we have. a couch and 2 chairs, and occassional tables too. You can see it here: Oberson Gunsmoke Power Reclining Living Room Set, 74100, Ashley Furniture
    Last edited by tomi; 12-26-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow, nice! Enjoy it!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That's a great price for that furniture! I think Brad and I paid almost that for just our couch!! (And it sucks!)

Great grab on the fridge. Mine has a full width "snack" drawer too. I use it to store cheeses, bacon, and other meats like hotdogs for the kids. In comparison, I got my Frigidaire for $1799, without a water dispenser, and one freezer drawer, but inside the freezer drawer is a lower level and upper level. Probably less important for you since you won't have kids in the house, but does yours have a door open alarm? That's probably the best feature on our fridge. My son is notorious for opening the fridge and then walking away. The alarm is awesome for letting us know so I can holler at him to close it.

Enjoy your new toys!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Great buys on both seating and eating! I know you will enjoy both.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    NOTE: we did not opt for the "power" chairs. I told my husband....... "I'm NOT plugging in my furniture". This stuff will need to last us the rest of our lives! So I hope its well built.

I'm getting really excited to have the new stuff. I've been saving money to remodel the kitchen - we spent about 1/2 of it on the fridge and furniture.

So............ today has gone really good. Bacon for breakfast, eggs this afternoon. I am listening to my hunger q's and not eating until I am honestly hungry. Dinner will be salmon and sw. potato (my only carbs for the day).

Right now - I'm heading out for a nice walk. I haven't walked for an entire week due to that dumb cold I had last week. So - here I go! YEAH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation