Page 139 of 519 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5184

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 139

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kymma - have you watched "sugar: the bitter truth" ???? Boy that sure turned me around!

I've eated breakfast and had a large snack of almond butter. calories are already at 1000 - but I'm at 77% fat so I'm on track there. Now, what do I ate dinner to keep fat high and everything else low?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    A burger with a dried egg? That is what I had for lunch. I haven't watched the bitter truth yet. The thought of becoming diabetic really changed me around. I can tell you all the times I've had sugar since Nov. 1. I don't plan to have any more until my birthday March 22. And that is why I eat a little cocoa powder, bc after doing great for 43 days, I slipped and had no sugar added strawberry yogurt with coconut flakes on Friday and 1/4 c reese's pieces and 1 pb cup. They weren't even good. I figure I can figure out a way to get rid of the sweet tooth over time.

a burger with a DRIED egg?????

I'm thinking you mean fried........... but hey - I needed a laugh this morning so that was good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

the wind is blowing like crazy today. I love a good wind storm, but am concerned about a couple large trees in our yard. If they go down they would both hit neighbors houses and I would feel just aweful! They both seem to be leaning a bit this year - and we don't remember them leaning in the past. Scary stuff.

I'm terribly bored!!! hubby wants me to do some research on refridgerators (son is taking ours when he moves into his new house). We thought we would get the Samsung french door with dual ice makers, but hubby talked to his buddies at an applicance repair shop and they said stay clear of samsung! They said way too much electronics, and a bugger to get parts for. So - hubby wants me to find something else to look at. Fridgadaire has a dual ice maker so we will probably look at that one. I think Lowes carries it. Hopefully after the holidays we will see some clearance and close out sales happening. I don't want to spend $2000 on a stupid fridge! We want the ice/water in the door thing cuz we use it a LOT! With just the 2 of us now we don't need a huge one - the Fridgedaire I'm looking at is 26.5 cubic feet I think. Something like that anyway. It should work find if we can just find it at the right price. they also have the smudge-free stainless finish.

I'm letting go of my dream for a kitchen remodel. I will do a kitchen clean up and upgrade only. New fridge and slide in range. New countertops and sink/faucet/disposal. I'll refinish the cabiniets (strip and fresh stain and seal). We'll keep the floor the same. If possible I want to take down the wood on the ceiling and walls and put up sheet rock. Oh, and the place with the wall oven is going to become a pantry. It would spruce it up nicely enough. I'd love a totally new kitchen, but don't want to fork out that kind of money.

The bathroom on the main floor absolutely will have to be gutted when my son moves out. The lathe and plaster has mildewed over the years, and even though I completely cleaned it and sealed it with Kilz 4 years ago it is starting to mildew again above the shower. So, its time to take it down to the studs and start over. I want to get one of those free standing vanities that look like a nice peice of wood furniture with a sink in it. The toilet was replaced 4 years ago so we don't need a new one. The shower can not be saved. It was the cheapest thing we could find at the time that would get the job done. We will take it out and have someone put in tile - no more fiberglass showers. The floor will be tile also. We won't be moving any plumbing so that will save a lot of money - I'm thinking $3500 should do it. Need to start saving.

my tummy is achy today. I wonder if I gave it too much fat to process this morning.

Its already 3 pm. where did the day go. It sucks being sick - what a waste of time!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

still bored.

I've been reading through threads I don't normally read...........

I've been searching online for fridges............

I've been playing words with friends on fb - but now I'm waiting for them to make their moves!

hubby didn't go to work today - he went fishing with his buddy. Seems dumb to go fishing when its only catch and release - but whatever. He probably just needed a day off and a "guy" day. I'm glad he went. I hope he comes home feeling relaxed and refreshed!

so - when my son moves out I'm making some changes. Right now we have phone/tv/internet bundled. I'm dropping the house phone (all we get is sales calls now anyway) and I'm dropping the internet that we have and getting a smart phone which will be my "hot spot" --- that or just get a hotspot and keep the phone I have cuz I really don't know if I want a smart phone. Just more stuff to have to learn.......... I'd like to drop the tv too............. but hubby would NEVER go for that. We pay about $80 a month for a bunch of crap that we don't want to watch. Well okay - he'd watch lots more than I would - but I find all those stupid reality shows to be boring and stupid.

Okay............ I'm seriously boring myself with all this so I can't imagine what I'm doing to anyone trying to read this!!!! sorry.

I think I will go take a nice long bath..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Our fridge is an Amana, which we bought in 1990, and has only needed new door seals since. So, we like that brand. It holds its temperature REALLY well.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Oops! Yes, fried egg, and I have found fried egg is delicious on many items.

eggs go with lots of things! Or - are delicious all by themself! I just try not to think about what I'm eating. That grosses me out!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Went to work early today. Put in my measly 3.5 hours in the morning instead of in the afternoon! so now I'm off until Wednesday. Gotta love that. My paycheck is going to be miniscule this month between closed days and sick days.

I'm making beanless chili for dinner using stew meat instead of hamburger. I think I will take an antacid before I eat since tomato based things always seem to give me a burn. I wanted to make stew - but hubby requested the chili.

I ate a small peice of peanut butter fudge at work. It was good - but too sweet!!!! I would have never thought I'd see the day when I would think anything was TOO SWEET! I can happily say that now I have. And I was able to walk away and not feel drawn to have more. Success.

I ate too many calories yesterday. About 1800. I won't lose eating that much! I didn't step on the scales this morning. Tomorrow is my track day........... I don't think I'm where I want to be.

Still fighting this head cold thing. I was running a fever at work and having a hard time concentrating. Good thing I didn't have too much to do. I got stuck listening to one of the employees grumbling about how messed up things are in that office - TRUST ME! I KNOW!!!! She forgets that I worked for 7 years and quit for 3 years because of the office being so messed! I came back to work there p/t with the focus of not getting involved in ANY of the office crap!!! I went a year with just going, doing my job and leaving - and avoiding all the yuck that goes on there. They keep trying to drag me back into it! Even though nearly everyone on staff is new since I was there before - UGH. I just want to go to work, do my job and leave. Don't talk to me about what the manager did, and what the other employees are doing............ leave me alone!!! This particular one is a real Chatty Cathy........... and its really hard to get away from her. I'm frustrated and thinking about trying to find a different job again. But what I need to do is just steer clear of everyone.

ok - vent over............ I need to go get some stuff for the chili so it can slow cook a while and be ready for dinner.

Hope you all are having a good day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm making beanless chili for dinner using stew meat instead of hamburger.

This particular one is a real Chatty Cathy........... and its really hard to get away from her.
    I use a mix of ground beef and/or pork and stew meat in my chili. As a Kathi.....I take umbridge at the nick name - we are not all "chatty"
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html