Page 138 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 5668

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 138

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wait... isn't going VLC bad when you have a thyroid condition???

I second Judg when she said to enjoy your foods as is and not finding substitutes for old favorites. One of the rules of Whole30 is to not primalize or paleoize things b/c doing so does not break that psychological need for that particular comfort food. And from the CW side, substituting a "legal" item for an "illegal" item could make you crave that "illegal" item more if the "legal" version does not stand up in taste, texture, etc.

I am also inspired by Paula's journal and will be joining you ladies on the VLC/HF journey.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Some high fat things for you to consider:
    Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls (BBBB)- on our recipe thread
    liverwurst
    pork rinds with sour cream
    marscapone cheese
    rumaki
    Winencandy's chocolate hearts(coconut oil)
    yummy!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I totally agree with the need to not "legalize" the foods we are trying to clean from our diets. Thats why I haven't tried to do any kind of baking - except for the almond flour "cornless" bread that I made to go with the all beef chili. It was good, but not good enough to bother with again. My thinking these past few days has been in the way of christmas goodies. But, I think I'm over it.

That being said - I will be working on a sugar free ice cream when the weather warms again! Maybe I'll just do that honey recipe to start.

I don't know about the VLC and thyroid thing. My doc knows I'm doing this and she's all for the VLC thing. I haven't found a whole lot of research on it - but haven't looked terribly hard.

My weight is holding around 182. I think the VLC and the higher fat levels will kick it in the butt! I remember when I started the higher fat thing a few months ago - I lost about 5 pounds in the first couple weeks. But, I struggled to get the level up where it needs to be - maybe thats why the scales aren't moving. Okay - the scales haven't been moving cuz I've been eating things I shouldn't be eating. Oreos - not exactly primal. I want to see another good drop so I'm going to be very strict with what goes in my mouth. To stay VLC I need to be careful what veggies I eat - no starchy stuff like sweet potatos or squash - and no carrots. Yesterday I grated up a zucchini - it was only 35 calories and 7 carbs. I need to stay under 40 carbs a day. Yesterday was 30 - so I'm off to a good start. I just need to stay focused on high fat! Dinner tonight - beef patties and roasted veggies with butter. I bought some cream cheese and I think I might try to make a stevia cheese cake type dessert - crustless. Breakfast - what else? BACON!!!

I'm still wrestling with this cold. I thought it was nearly gone yesterday, and then I wake up this morning all clogged up and feverish again. No going to the office today.

My son is almost done with all the stuff leading up to closing on his house. He got he sellers to agree to fix the misc items that were found during the inspection so the house will be move in ready!!!! He said closing is going to happen by Jan 15th. And then he'll move in and start advertizing his rooms for rent. I still haven't seen the house so it all feels pretty weird to me. I'm trying to think of something to give him as a house warming gift, but he really isn't interested in "stuff" you know, like decorating stuff. Maybe I'll just make him a care box of toilet paper and some food for the first few days while he's getting settled and figuring out where things are - like stores and such.

Anyway....... I'm looking forward to a new chapter in life - no kids at home!!! Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Just checked out the recipe for the blueberry butter balls. They sound wonderful - but I'm thinking the carbs in the berries might be a bit too much right now - what do you think?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I made those in the past and put them in Paleotrack . These are the macro's per serving:
    Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 2% 0g
    Fat 82% 9g
    Carbs 17% 4g
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks, Candy! Just as I thought - too many carbs. I'll save that for another time then.

Still feeling yucky. I worked on monday - then had a relapse monday night and was down yesterday. Today I'm feeling woosy headed and weak still, but will try to go to work and get the deposit done at least. I'd really like to just stay home, but I'll see how I'm doing in another hour or so. Maybe a nice bath would do me good? A detox bath I'll text the boss and see if I can put off todays work until tomorrow - I should be back up and running my then.

Weight is still holding at 182. Wish I could break through this stall and get to into the 170's. I'm afraid of falling behind on my schedule to meet my goal. I need to be under 180 by Friday to stay on track. I've been a little constipated and I guess that could be a contributing factor. Maybe I'll take a dose of magnesium and clean the plumbing out. You'd think upping the fat would keep things moving smoothly. I haven't done any kind of exercise in a week because I haven't felt good enough. I'm able to wear almost all of my size large tops now! Some are cut a little narrow through the middle and they hug my mid section a bit too tight for my comfort, so those will have to wait. But it feels to good go down a size! I remember when I was too big for a XL, but a 1X was too big! That was not a fun place to be. I felt like a huge whale! I was wearing size 18 jeans and they were even snug. I am very happy to be out of that place and moving into a better place. I would love it if the moving was moving a little faster! There's that impatience coming through again.

Its winter - cold and windy and nasty - and I don't like it at all. Grumble - Grumble - Grumble!!!! Maybe I should go back to bed and sleep this day away?

Speaking of sleep - I've been sleeping really good since hubby got his mouth piece and isn't snoring so loudly. He still snores but its pretty quiet, and usually once he gets into his deep sleep the snoring stops! I haven't slept so good in years!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Woman! You are sick! Give yourself a break!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ok - not going to work.

I'm eating breakfast......... 2 slices of thick bacon cut into little pieces with 3 over hard eggs on top. I poured it on my plate with all the bacon drippings included. Should up my fat content for the day.

trying to figure out dinner. I took out stew meat. I was thinking of making a beef curry - but thats kinda labor intensive and I'm not sure I'm up to it. Will wait and see how the day goes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Sleep! It's the best medicine.

I don't do a lot of replacement foods, but I have with sweets. People can judge, but I'd rather replace then cave. I use Whole Foods 365 liquid stevia in coffee, tea, and in coconut oil chocolates I make with ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder. I also made some whipped chocolate cream with the stevia. It isn't perfect, but a lifetime of damage done with sweets isn't going to be resolved over night. So I think of all of this as a process. I didn't go entirely gluten free for the first year. I figure if I stay as close to sugar free as possible, in a year I won't be into it as much. Until then, anything that keeps me off sugar is a benefit.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah and coconut oil chocolates will help me get in moar fat.