Page 133 of 522 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5212

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 133

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in the same boat regarding catching up... I don't read over the weekend b/c I have two kids with demands and time with the family, etc. Oh well. Passes the time nicely at work.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm in a really grouchy mood today............. thats not normal for me. Not sure whats up. I think it has to do with the scales.

So I got all the paperwork weeded through - bills paid - junk put in the recycle - quickbooks caught up and account balanced. Its all good!

I'm drinking Skinny Girl Pina Colada............. its not very good. Certainly not as good as a real Pina Colada. Very weak and watery. Maybe I put too much ice in the glass.

Lets see what other random thoughts can I come up with???? I'm bored. Hubby is at bible study.

The office is going through a facelift. New paint, new carpet, new windows and some new siding. Also getting the parking lot overhaul. What this means is a lot of chaos in the office --- which could be why I'm grouchy too. My work area is in total chaos and its a bit unnerving. When its all done it will be great - cuz the office seriously needed a facelift. The paint is only about 10 years old - but it was this putrid vomit green. The carpet was probably 25 years old...... also a nauseating green. All good changes, but its the pits during the work.

The christmas tree fell over - its still outside, sitting in a bucket of water - when it feel it knocked over my favorite terra cotta pot filled with Hens and Chicks.............. I bought that pot at the Goodwill - it was a GREAT find!!! Now its in a hundred peices on the patio. Its one of those "strawberry pots" ....... you know the kind with the little cups sticking out of the sides all the way around. I LOVED it........ now its broken. Dang it. I will have to find a new pot for the Hens and Chicks.............

Its random thought night at Tomi's Journal.

sorry.......... I'm done now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

okay............... 4 nights in a row of rum and diet coke. and a few chocolate chip cookies from costco. what am I doing? how stupid!!! I'm not helping myself by making stupid, bad choices like that! and this morning I had 2 fried eggs with 7 oreo cookies! Nice............ dumb dumb dumb!!!

I was called for jury duty - but my number didn't get called so I didn't have to report. Now I wait for the next time they pull my name out of the pot.

I finally made an appointment at Costco to have my eyes checked and get new glasses. I bought real prescription glasses for the first time about a year and a half ago........ paid over $600 to my eye doctor............ and I've hated them every single day! They are the progessive lenses with tri-focals. I can't wear them when I'm walking around cuz I trip over things and bump into things - so most of the time they are perched atop my head -- until I need to read something, then I will put them on. They are the frameless kind - and VERY easily get bent out of shape. I actually folded them completely in half once when I had them hanging in my shirt front and they've never been quite right since then. So anyway - I'm getting seamless bi-focals this time - with frames that won't bend out of shape! what a waste of $600!

Office Christmas potluck is this friday - I'm trying to figure out how to get out of going to the party. I just don't like to do social stuff at work. If I'm going to be at the office I want to be on the clock, and getting paid to be there - not socializing with a bunch of people I don't really care to get to know on a personal level. My eye appointment is at 10 so I'm hoping it will just take a really long time and I can have a good excuse for not going to the party. I hate to be anti-social but honestly, I don't find any reason to have these things.

Just talked to my son.......... he had a house inspection this morning on a house he's made an offer on. Looks like its a GO! There were some small details that needed to be addressed - like some light switches that weren't working - little things - but the roof and foundation are good and no dry rot! So, I guess this means my son will soon be moving into his own home! We've told him he can take the sectional and the fridge cuz we've been wanting to get new ones! Yeah! Also will be sending dishes and flatware with him so I get to go shopping! How exciting! He's finally going to be out on his own - and we're finally going to be empty nesters! Probably won't happen till after the holidays though.

YEAH!!!!!!
    Last edited by tomi; 12-11-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations on the soon to be empty nest!! And goodie on going shopping for replacements for all the stuff that is being sent with him I can really relate to the office parties!!! Hopefully you can figure out a way to either not get there or have to leave early! Hubby got some glasses a couple of years ago that never worked for him, and then he lost them (thank heavens as he was getting horrid headaches from them) Hopefully he can get some that actually help versus hinder! Hope your new glasses are comfortable and last a long time...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Hi Tomi. Office parties are designed to build commeraderie and a sense of team/oneness. I personally enjoy them b/c I'm a social person, but ours are different in that we do ours during duty hours, so we're paid to attend.

Glad to hear son's inspection went well. Exciting news!

Hope the new glasses work out. Brad has been wearing glasses forever (well, contacts) and keeps talking about getting lasik done. Someday we'll be able to afford it. Someday... *dreaming*

Jenn - I would LOVE to do the party if I was getting paid for it. But they do it during lunch break - so, no pay. I used to be a very social person - but as I'm getting older I'm finding I just don't have that spark anymore. I work in a small doctors office - there are 7 full time employees and 3 part time. The 7 include the doc and the PA. I'm only there for about 10-15 hours a week as is it, and my work doesn't require that I interact much with anyone, except the manager. If the party fell on a day that I am scheduled to work it might be different - but Friday's are my day to do boatshop business, and personal stuff - so I really don't want to go into the office for an hour of visiting. I'm wrestling with what to do........... The menu is "traditional christmas" so Ham, rolls, potatos, etc. I'm sure lots of desserts as well.

Coll - I'm very much looking forward to getting glasses that I can ware and not have to constantly bend back into shape and try to get the lenses in the right place to see through that small focal point. I hate these things! Maybe I should just do readers from the drug store!

my weight is going to wrong direction! boy - it doens't take much of the wrong stuff for my body to start hording calories! I didn't even eat enough calories to gain ONE pound over the past week.......... but, the scales have gone back up 6 pounds. It has to be water weight - bloat caused by the rum I'm sure. When will learn? Hubby and I need to find a new "lets kick back and relax" weekend activity........... cuz the rum is killing my weight loss goals. UGH - and I'm always so mad at myself when I see the scales climbing.

Last night I was hurting and feeling so sluggish........ I told hubby I sure can feel it when I stray off the path. Stupid choices. I have significantly cut back on the rum - but its not enough. I need to significantly STOP. Plus I ate cookies............ so stupid.

I woke up with a sore throat and general feeling of "getting sick". I woke up at 4:30 after having one of those dreams that just totally upsets you! I seem to always dream that my purse is stolen - with all my important things in it! I wonder why that is such a fear of mine. And in the dreams its always that my purse is left in an unlocked car and then someone steals the car. So, not only does the thief have my purse but also my house keys and access to all my banking stuff............ So, I lay there and try to calm myself down - then I have to get up and go downstairs and make sure my purse is safe and sound where I always keep it. Good grief!

I bought a set of flatware yesterday at Target - Oneida 45 peice 18/10. Its service for 8, plus the serving set. It was only $80. I decided to go back this afternoon and get the additional service for 4 for $36. Having a service for 12 makes things easier I think. I found a set of dishes that I liked too, but they didn't have them in stock. I might see if they are available online. I'm enjoying getting new stuff. We have been using the compilation of what he had and what I brought when we got married. So its all old - and some of it is second hand. Time for a fresh new start with the boy leaving the nest and all.

I should be getting ready for work soon so better get off here.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Tomi, personally, if I had the day off, I would not go to the Christmas party. Especially if you don't feel the need to socialize with anyone.

Regarding silverware... I get mine at Dollar General. A 4 pack of forks is $1... lol I think I got 4 of these, 4 of the spoon packs, and 3 or 4 of the knives and it only cost me 11 or 12 bucks. They work great and look decent too. I don't like heavy or chunky silverware and I find most of the expensive stuff is too heavy or chunky for my tastes.

Weird about the dreams... I guess we all have our secret fears - that are valid fears, nonetheless. I always have dreams where I'm looking for something or running from something - can't ever remember what it is that I'm searching for/running from. I read up on it once but can't remember what those kind of dreams are supposed to me, just remember that they're related to anxiety.

funny how we all have different tastes.......... I love the heavy chunky silverware - not the lightweight "diner" stuff. I've always had the cheap stuff - and always wanted the "good" stuff. So I finally got it.

A counselor once told me that dreams are just the mind trying to work through something. I think my fear of having my purse stolen or lost comes from my feelings of insecurity and vulnerability. I've never been one of those confident, in control type of women. I always feel a bit fearful. Not a trait I'm particularily fond of - but I think it comes from growing up fatherless. Women develope so much of their confidence and self-worth from the love and nurturing they get from their father. I didn't have that - and mom was too self absorbed in her own little world to be much help in that department.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

funny how we all have different tastes.......... I love the heavy chunky silverware - not the lightweight "diner" stuff. I've always had the cheap stuff - and always wanted the "good" stuff. So I finally got it.

A counselor once told me that dreams are just the mind trying to work through something. I think my fear of having my purse stolen or lost comes from my feelings of insecurity and vulnerability. I've never been one of those confident, in control type of women. I always feel a bit fearful. Not a trait I'm particularily fond of - but I think it comes from growing up fatherless. Women develope so much of their confidence and self-worth from the love and nurturing they get from their father. I didn't have that - and mom was too self absorbed in her own little world to be much help in that department.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm sick............. feels like flu - but I had a flu shot. Headachy - body achy - sore throat. getting my jammies on - letting hubby wait on me - sitting on the couch all evening.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: