Page 129 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 5804

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 129

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday evening. Successful weekend! I didn't eat anything not primal - no alcohol, no sugars, no grains! I worked a good 6 hours on saturday cleaning up the fir tree that fell and sunday when we got home I went for a short 1 mile walk. Calories were all great - under 1100. I'm pretty excited about staying primal and moving!

Today I started my new log for walking/biking/hiking. I want to log something for every single day - even if its 1/2 mile. I want to see SOME movement every single day of this year. Thats my goal.

Haven't stepped on the scale at home to see how it compares to BIL's scale. I think I'm going to wait until Wednesday.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job, Tomi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Good job, Tomi!
    thank you! It feels really good to come away from a potentially difficult situation and see that you've navigated it successfully! I am proud of myself. My SIL was very respectful of my needs and made sure meals were based on meat and veggies. There was plenty of bread and candy that I could have eaten, but I stayed out of the kitchen! Saturday night they took us out for India food. I ordered Tandoori Mixed Grill........ it had one prawn, chicken tikka, lamb, ground lamb "balls" (VERY spicy), and I had a few bites of the chicken and onion pakora's. I wanted to order a mango lasee, but, SUGAR! so I drank water. And passed on the Naan bread and poppads. Luckily I don't care for India desserts so that wasn't a problem. My only really tough temptation was Saturday night when hubby and BIL came out of the kitchen munching on chunks of dark chocolate! YUM......... but, SUGAR ............ and chocolate causes tummy troubles. So, I managed quite well and I'm basking in the excitement of my success! YEAH, TOMI!

Last night I was craving something sweet! I ended up munching an a little almond butter just before bed. That did the trick.

Its December 3, 2012 !!! I can not believe this year is closing already. Hubby and I haven't even talked about putting up the Christmas lights or getting a tree. This will be our first year to go get a Christmas tree without our grown children coming along to pick it out for us. So I am looking forward to starting a new tradition with my husband........... picking out and decorating "our" tree. I'd like to get some new garland for the mantle and decorate the house really pretty, something different than ever before. Both of the girls took all their tree ornaments with them when they moved last year, and this year I will box up my sons ornaments for him to take to his new house - although I can't see him ever bothering to put up a tree. So, the tree this year will be just ours. This might sound really aweful to those of you who have strong connections to your "family" Christmas tree............ but in my world, Christmas has been a struggle with the step daughters having full control over the picking out of and decorating of the tree. For 11 years I have taken a backseat and this year --- its just me and my husband for the first time EVER! So, I'm looking forward to it very much! The girls have both been out of the house for 16 months now, so that means they get NO say in our Christmas tree. And my son couldn't care less.........

Speaking of...... my son looked at some houses over the weekend and I think he's going to make an offer on one this morning. I'm hoping this one works and we will be seeing an empty nest in the NEW YEAR!

I did step on the scales this morning - I'm just a junky, I may as well stop fighting it! 182.6. I'm pretty happy with that number considering I spent the weekend in a house with LOTS of foods that could have totally derailed me. So, I'm still hopeful that I will see a number under 180 in a couple weeks. I have a "goal chart" all layed out........... 1.5 pounds per week will get me to goal by my birthday in July. So far I'm right on schedule. I've been a full week of strict primal and I'm feeling good. No wheat, sugar or alcohol for 7 days now! And I've walked every single day. My chart is filled in and that makes me very happy!

This morning I'm very hungry - but I'm waiting for the bacon to thaw before I eat. I need to walk, but I'm waiting for my walking clothes to dry. Waiting waiting waiting.............

I bought earplugs for the weekend - cuz I forgot to pack any - and they are the BEST I have ever tried! .59 cents! I don't hear hardly a peep out of my snoring husband! I sleep better than I have in years! I'm going to stock up on this kind cuz they really do work! I can't remember the name - I got them at Fred Meyers in Olympia - they come packaged in a small plastic bag thing - just one pair - and only .59 cents. I'm going to see if my local store carries them and I will buy the entire rack! I might even write to the company and tell them how pleased I am with their product! We should be getting the mouth peice for hubby in the next couple of days as well. So, maybe between the two our bedroom will become a "quiet zone" AWWWW.............

5th wheel is back - and the park cut the trees that were over hanging the area where we park - so that means no more fear of broken limbs falling on it - and no more mess of the tree droppings! Yeah! I'm so anxious to get out there and finish the redorating. First job is to hang the new wallpaper border -- then hubby will reattach the valances -- then I will sew the side curtains (mostly for looks, but also blocks the light that comes in on the sides of the accordion blinds), then put the dining chairs back in, and fill her up with all the pots/pans/dishes/towels/blankets and tons of other misc stuff that got transferred to the boat for the summer. We're looking forward to our February vacation to the beach!!!! No reservations, no plans - just options to guide us. Can't wait!

better go see how the dryer is doing......... I'm antsy to get walking this morning!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

what a day! Had more work to do than I expected so I actually got in a decent 1/2 days wages today! But - working that late this time of year means walking in the dark! I rushed home, changed my clothes and set out! It was 4:45 when I was leaving home and just starting to get dark. I couldn't decide where I should go to stay in mostly well lite areas. I ended up making a large loop that took me nearly 3 miles. My legs are feeling very strong these days! I haven't been this strong in 12 years and I can't begin to express how happy it makes me. Hubby says my legs are getting "definition and tone" And he's loving my tighter "back section"! I never thought walking could tone your entire body - but I'm a believer now! He says even my arms are more toned - and I'm not lifting weights, just walking. I would like to start lifting on the boflex - and I also want to start doing the basic 4 movements........... why is it so hard to make myself start doing that? Maybe it would be more fun if hubby and I did it together. When SD#2 was still at home she and her dad would do these intense 8 minute work outs of lunges, squates, curl ups, push ups and leg lifting things. I always wanted to join in - but wasn't healthy enough in those days. I'll ask him if he wants to do that with me in the evenings. Most likely not - I mean, he works HARD all day at the shop so he doesn't need to do much in the way of exercise - what he needs to do is stop eating rice and bread and sugar! He'd lose his gutt if he would just stop eating those foods. oh well - I can only take care of myself - and hope hubby chooses to follow at some point.

Good day food-wise:

Breakfast: bacon
    Snack while prepaing dinner: bacon
    Dinner: beef patty (very most and perfectly browned) and 1/2 acorn squash w/butter, mollases and stevia. YUM - but maybe slightly TOO sweet. Next time, more butter - less mollases and stevia.

My numbers are good - 1240 calories and only 12% carbs! 55% fat and 30% protein. I'm assuming the other 3% is non-soluable fiber from the squash. I love it when the numbers fall so right with no effort or planning. Basically stick to meat and veggies and it all works the way its supposed to.

I'm 8 full days of strict primal and staying to my daily goals of no sugar, no alcohol, no grains, keeping calories around 1200, keeping macros in the right ratios, and moving every day. My goals chart is all filled in and colorful and I'm as happy as a 3rd grader seeing all gold stars for a week!

forgot to mention - I ended my chart for 2012 walking/biking/hiking with 307 miles. That was over the course of 13 months. There was a 3 months span over the winter that I didn't walk at all due to the wet weather - so, those miles are technically from 10 months. Average - 30 miles of moving per month. That averages out to 1 mile for every single day!!!!! I count that as an enormous personal victory - considering I started a mess of fibromyalgia pain, fatigue and brain fog, with nearly NO muscle tone at all!!!! I am now clear headed, full of energy and drive and free of pain! AND FEELING LIKE I COULD CLIMB THE THREE SISTERS! (maybe next fall???)

I'm working on getting my BIL in Seattle on paleo/primal. He's bipolar and is constantly complaining about the brain fog and fatigue. He's on MULTIPLE meds! I told him over the weekend that I almost could promise if he would clean up his diet and cut all XYZ out of his life - he could very likely stop taking his bipolar meds and cure himself - just as I have. He was very interested - as was his wife! I sent him the video lecture "Sugar - the bitter truth" to get him to start thinking about how food effects everything that happens in our minds and bodies. I will send him a link to Mark's Daily Apple and Robb Wolf in a few days. I'm PRAYING he will give this is good solid try for a month to see if it helps him.

anyway........... hubby's at bible study tonight - so I'm just enjoying an evening with out the stupid TV being turned on! I love a nice quiet house so I can relax. hope everyone had a good day.

and........ my son put in another offer on a house !!!!! Maybe this will be the one!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Fingers crossed on house offer!

You are doing great, Tomi. Keep it up.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I decided to go through my closet tonight and get rid of the cloths that are getting too big - or summer stuff that will not fit my by next summer. I looked at the capri's that I have and they are all size 10 and 12 - the 10's look so tiny I can't imagine being small enough to fit into them. But - the plan is to be wearing those size 10's next summer.

Tonight I noticed that my face is looking smaller and hubby says especially under my chin - that fat chin is going away!

Not sure why we are still up at 10:35 .................. need to be in bed now.

The bacon I had while cooking dinner - and the beef patty and squash filled me up so much that I'm still full! sometimes by bedtime I'm ready for a snack - but not tonight.

My son made the offer - asking price plus a couple things fixed - and contigent on home inspection. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

night all................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

so - 1:00 am and I can't sleep through hubby's growling snores! My ear plugs must only be good for a couple of uses cuz they aren't blocking the sound like they did the first couple of nights. GRRR!!! The mouth piece came in the mail today --- I TOLD him it was on the counter - but he didn't bother to look at it. Its the kind that you have to heat in boiling water and then put in your mouth to mold to your teeth and mouth. He asked me where it was AFTER we went to bed........... bozo brain! I tried to wake him to ask him to go to the other bedroom, but he was sleeping so soundly that I couldn't wake him easily - and I just don't have the heart to wake him up and throw him out of the room - he has to work in the morning, and I can sleep in if I need to. So - I'm laying on the sofa. I took another sleep aid - hoping it will knock me out in a bit. It normally takes about an hour to kick in. So it should be working soon.

Need to stop at 2 banks tomorrow for work - one to make a deposit - another to close out 2 accounts for the doc. Then I need to go to my bank for deposits and the cash some checks. I also need to go shopping - we're almost completely out of dog and cat food, and mostly out of people food in the way of veggies.

So - hubby wants me to start stocking up on some things like paper goods and canned foods - just in case we have an nasty storm or there is some odd thing that happens and we can't buy food and stuff for a bit. Like a power outage or a flood - you know, those unexpected things. Hurricane Sandy sorta got him thinking......... he's a "semi" prepper in his heart, but would never go to those extremes. He just wants to be prepared should some storm or other oddity keep us trapped in our house for a week or two. So, I'm starting a list of things to gather.

Toilet Paper
    paper plates and bowls - and plastic utensils
    bottled water
    canned fruits and veggies (as primal as possible) - next summer we plan on canning our own
    we may can some meat also
    canned fish
    canned soup

I guess if there is some major bad thing happen, staying primal will be less of a priority than just staying alive!

Anyway I need to be working on that project. Maybe Friday after I take my mom shopping I will go to Winco and start gathering up some supplies.

The one "bad" thing about being primal is that there isn't a full pantry of food. We have a full freezer of meat, but veggies are bought fresh as we need them. We have very little in the way of stored food.

just random thoughts...........

wow, we are having a bit of a rain and wind storm tonight!!!!! The rive is already getting pretty high - I hope we aren't going to see another year like 1996 ............. the river was kissing our property line, and flooding 1/2 the city of Salem. I'd rather not have to deal with that. Maybe I'll check the weather forecasts and then try to get some sleep. Again...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Hey Tomi, I hope you guys are ok and the weather/rising waters are subsiding. We have had our share of that over here recently, thank goodness we live at the top of a hill. We are having weird weather now, it was -2 last week and we got some snow (I love snow), then 2 days later it was 4c and the snow thawed and it got windy which Is when I feel it cold (-2 and no wind feels warmer that 4c and windy). It doesnt know what it wants to do.

Well done you for cutting out sugar and booze, not easy this time of year but if you keep at it, it will become part of how you eat etc and when party season starts you will be fine. Myself and my DW dont drink and its funny when people ask us why, as if choosing not to poison yourself is the questionable life choice haha.

Food wise, if in doubt eat more fat. A spoon full of olive oil drizzled over salad/veggies etc will give you about 100 calories of good fat that you dont even taste. This will fuel your body to allow for more activity, play etc.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay for gold stars!

Once we are caught up on our bills, along with saving actual MONEY, I am going to be stocking our pantry back up. I made a list of things we buy in bulk, and even being primal/low-carb, there are a lot of cans(for us- I know you get lots of fresh fish). I'm thinking of making a special order at the store for the tuna in olive oil I like, and just getting a year's supply (104 cans) at once. Then buying my regular couple of cans a week (now that we can afford them again-yay!) and cycling through the stock.

But there's also: salmon, sardines, oysters, beef, corned beef, spam (yes, we like it), tomatoes, pineapples, peaches, olives, anaheim peppers, salsa, spaghetti sauce, peanut and almond butter, coconut and olive oils.

And then the sundries: soaps, toilet paper, bleach, shampoos. I can't wait to be fully loaded on those again.

I guess there is a little bit of prepper in all of us!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Tomi! Sorry about the hubby still snoring. Maybe the mouthpiece will work - once he gets it molded.

And yay for son making another offer! I hope this one pans out for you all! Hello sex in any room of the house!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)