Page 121 of 580 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 5800

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 121

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What about butter instead of coconut oil? That's one less expensive ingredient My experiences with baking with coconut oil are that it doesn't have the same texture as butter. I think I prefer using butter. Then again, I use refined coconut oil because I don't like the smell/taste of the regular stuff.
    Ditto on disliking the taste of the coconut oil. I can't cook with it except to rub it on sweet potatoes for baking (ala nom nom paleo instructions) I bought a gallon of it and am trying to use it up so I can get the refined kind.

I will definitely be using butter instead of the coconut oil for the pie crust.

I won't be the only one at the gathering who is primal/paleo this year! The neice who is bringing her sister and 4 kids is cooking primal because her son has severe acne - and primal eating has cleared it up! So, she is making primal pumpkin pie. We have another neice who is allergic to nuts though - so we have to be sure she knows which foods contain nuts. We can't cook with peanuts at all cuz she can't even be in the house with peanuts.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Walmart thing - I will check and see. She would be nice if I get it all done while in Dallas picking up MIL and not have to do it the morning of our family gathering (friday). I have considered asking my sister to take her this week - but my mom has gotten so comfortable with me doing it. I know exactly what brands she likes and how many of each thing she wants. But sure wish I had a break from it now and then. Even when the other sister came down for the weekend mom didn't want to go shopping with her. I guess I have to carry this one alone.

The house inspection will happen this week so things are moving forward with my son getting this house! He is supposed to get the earnest money to the escrow lawyer today.

Jenn - we looked at that fridge at lowes - we liked the smudge-free stainless finish - but the one we won't is a Samsung. Same size and price that you paid for yours. We are going to go shopping on Friday morning and hope to snag a good deal. Sears is supposed to be having 50% off some models, and they carry the one we want also.

Boy - we are having some kind of crazy windy weather! Gusts up to 50 mph. I already have some tree branches down in the yard. The coast is supposed to be having 80-90 mph gusts!! wish we were there.......... I love a storm at the beach!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I've got a Samsung with bottom freezer and love it.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

okay - tried to edit for spelling errors and its just freezing up......... sorry for the mistakes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thats the one bottom freezer - but not with the extra drawer in the middle - just the 2 doors and the freezer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We looked at the Samsung too. But what sold us on the Frigidaire is 1.) price (it was on sale for $200 off), 2.) it has an alarm that tells when the door has been left open (great when you have kids who are constantly in the fridge) or when the power goes off for too long, when the temp dips for any reason, and when we need to change the filter in the ice machine... not that it's hooked up, 3.) it did NOT have a water dispenser (kids were notorious for pushing the levers on our old one - thankfully it wasn't hooked up to water) and 4.) it was ENORMOUS!!! We love it. Sadly, it's no longer big enough... which is why we bought it in the first place... lol You know how it goes... buy a bigger house, fill it with more stuff... buy a bigger fridge and the same thing happens.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

good grief this weather is nasty! I don't want to go out in it - but have to go to work.

weight is still at 185. what gives? starting to worry I won't make my goal............. *sad face*

food today: 2 eggs, apple w/almond butter.

dinner will be left over bacon wrapped tuna - yum yum!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    We looked at the Samsung too. But what sold us on the Frigidaire is 1.) price (it was on sale for $200 off), 2.) it has an alarm that tells when the door has been left open (great when you have kids who are constantly in the fridge) or when the power goes off for too long, when the temp dips for any reason, and when we need to change the filter in the ice machine... not that it's hooked up, 3.) it did NOT have a water dispenser (kids were notorious for pushing the levers on our old one - thankfully it wasn't hooked up to water) and 4.) it was ENORMOUS!!! We love it. Sadly, it's no longer big enough... which is why we bought it in the first place... lol You know how it goes... buy a bigger house, fill it with more stuff... buy a bigger fridge and the same thing happens.
    hummm - the guy didn't tell us all that. He didn't seem real interested in helping us. We will definitely look into that a bit more. thanks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ate an apple.......... instant tummy bloat and discomfort. WHY? its just a stupid apple.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1 word: AZUCAR!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)