Page 107 of 580 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5800

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 107

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good Morning! Its a blustery day in the mid Willamette Valley. Broken trees abound. I'm currently watching a crew fix a partially broken tree in the park parking lot next door. It took out a cable that I believe used to be our tv cable - but we now have satelite so I don't think they really need to fix it - but I'm not going to bother telling them. They are going next door to the neighbors so they probably think the wire serves their house. Whatever......... OH --- I guess it also took out the powerline to the neighbors house - cuz the work is being done by the power company, not the parks department.

Yesterday was a good day on my logs! Calories = 1288 with carbs at 10%, fat at 68% and protein at 22% --- That works perfectly! I've had 3 FULL days of no sugar, grains or alcohol. I'm doing ok with no sweetener in my tea - but I do prefer it with honey. When I get my weight off - I'm adding honey!

Had my flu shot on Tuesday and I think I've been having a small reaction to it -- the leg pain and last night was feeling a bit "flu-ish" ........... so the walks may not have been the cause of the leg pain after all. But just the same, I think I will keep my walks to no more than 2.5 miles.

Gotta go to work earlier today cuz its my "share the space" day with the dietician. She comes in at 12:45 - so I have to be out by then. Gotta go put on my face. When I get home this afternoon I'll get in my walk --- or maybe do Tae Bo or Yoga?? I think I'll opt for one of those today. Its icky outside!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. Catching up. The Holiday Party has been keeping me busy enough that I haven't been perusing much recently. Glad to see you're doing well. I hope the pain from the flu shot goes away soon. I got one too and didn't have any ill effects. Still conflicted about whether or not I want to get them for my kids... with all the concerns about the vaccines and all.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I don't think flu shots are really necessary for the little people - but you have to make that call. Sounds like you've been really busy! But fun busy - not stress busy!

So, I'm starting to feel better in my skin......... my size 14 levi's are starting to feel loose and I'm needing to hike them up now and again. I don't wear belts cuz I think they are very uncomfortable! I'm finding the weight to size ratio is REALLY different this time as opposed to when I had lost weight using a soy based meal replacement program. At this weight I was still in a size 16, and now I am nearly in a size 12. How odd. Course, I wasn't doing any type of exercise while on that program. I'm sure I lost lots of muscle and not fat. I can tell this time is way different - and so much better! I'm feeling more toned in my legs. Last night hubby was rubbing peppermint lotion on my legs and I could tell there was much more tone and much less flab than when I was this weight last time. I'm really happy about that!!! AND my tummy is starting to look less flabby --- my "squinty eye" belly button is starting to open up and becoming round again! But alas -- in the past couple weeks the girls have gotten noticably smaller. My C cup is starting to wrinkle instead of hug my girls smoothly. Thats a bummer!!!!

I'd like to know you're opinion on having breast implants once the weight is all gone. I was hoping to keep my womanly frontage - but I can see that it isn't doing to happen. I don't want to be a size A or nearly B again. I've come to enjoy having some cleavage - and of course hubby LOVES it! Is it totally vain for a 52 year old woman to have a boob job? I mean, I wouldn't get crazy and have D cups or anything - but a full B or slight C wouldn't be too bad. If history predicts the future then my future at 135 is going to be an A cup. Misquito bumps. Hubby says he has no problem paying for that kind of thing (duh). So, its something that I need to be thinking about. I've always thought having a boob job outside of reconstructive surgery due to a mastectomy was just totally vain and unnatural.......... but I'm sorta changing my opinion on that one. And I wouldn't want them to look all perky and stuff at my age...... they would need to be sorta naturally sagging. Can they do that?

Hubby is noticing that I'm getting smaller, but no one else has notice yet. I'm down 24 pounds since going primal a year ago - and down 34 pounds from my heaviest. I guess since the 24 pounds have come off over a years time no one really see's the difference. Whatever - the thing is - I'm not doing this for anyone but me (and hubby) so it really doesn't matter much if anyone ever says anything. But, compliments are always nice for the ego! I'm sure someone will notice at some point and then I will have stroking that I would like.

I'm not walking today - but in a few minutes I'm going to do a little yoga. Its a bit of a lazy day. I only worked for about an hour and 15 minutes. UGH Hardly makes it worth the gas to drive in to the office. Sure would be nice if I could figure out a way to work from home. That isn't really possible when I have to do the mail and deposit to the bank. Maybe I need to talk to my boss about going back to 2 days a week if he isn't going to give me more work to do. I need to think about getting another p/t job I think. Sometime that is non-stressful and has some flexibility in terms of hours. We'll see........ just starting to think in that direction.

I'm having a few sugar cravings - and there is candy corn and a popcorn ball sitting in the kitchen counter that hubby got last night at the neighbors ............. candy corn is one of my favorite candies. But - hey, there's the whole RAT HAIR thing to consider - no thanks. And the popcorn ball has peanuts and peanut butter in it - not going there. So, I'll have a bit more tea and hope the cravings pass. For some reason the cheesecake isn't calling to me........ doesn't even sound good - and I LOVE cheesecake!!! Very strange.

I did some cleaning in the kitchen today and realized that I really have no need to keep the toaster sitting on the counter because no one uses it anymore. We don't have anything to "toast" - since I don't buy bread and hubby only buys it on very rare occasions. So - the toaster has been cleaned and is now tucked away in the cupboard. More counter space that is clutter free! I also noticed the bread machine on the top of the fridge........ I might hang on to that for future "primal bread" adventures - but that won't happen until the scales are sitting confortably close to 135.

okay - yoga time. Maybe a little activity will help cure my need for something sweet.

Dinner is steak and sweet potato (sans brown sugar bummer) I only have 700 calories left for the day and I don't want to blow them on empty calories - and I need to keep the count going on my sugar/grains/alcohol free log! I'm 1/2 way through day 4
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I find sweet potatoes with some butter are delicious enough on their own! Maybe some cinnamon? That usually fools me into thinking it's sweeter.

Boob jobs: I think NourishedEm had a tummy tuck and boob job, not sure how old she is. If it makes you feel good about yourself and you can afford, why not? Bodies sag, it's a fact of life, but you actually have the option to NOT just live with it, if you want. I don't know much about risks and longevity for that kind of thing though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I find sweet potatoes with some butter are delicious enough on their own! Maybe some cinnamon? That usually fools me into thinking it's sweeter.

Boob jobs: I think NourishedEm had a tummy tuck and boob job, not sure how old she is. If it makes you feel good about yourself and you can afford, why not? Bodies sag, it's a fact of life, but you actually have the option to NOT just live with it, if you want. I don't know much about risks and longevity for that kind of thing though.
    yes - thats how I like sweet potatoes too - butter and cinnamon is great - but sometimes I like a bit more sweet and put just a little brown sugar. I'm not going to do that anymore though....... at least not while I'm on the NO sugar wagon!

I've been reading a bit about breast implants. I didn't know you could still get silicone implants? I thought they banded those due to the nasty effects should one leak. But - even bigger on the mouth dropping realization.......... the COST! After all is said and done - surgeon fees + surgery facility + anesthesia fees + pre-care and after-care + special after garments ---- can be as much as $10,000.00 ---- probably closer to $7,000.00 on my side of the country - but seriously! I don't think having larger boobies is worth that much money. I might start playing the lottery though...... Have to give this some deep deep thought and consideration. If someone handed me 7K and said go get bigger boobs......... I'd do it in a NY minute! But, thats a painful lot of money to spend on something that is solely driven by vanity - and a hubands wishes!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    though.

by the by, Young Lady ----- you looked absolutely sexy and stunning in that dress! I remember having those curves once..... I hope to come close again in the near future - but I fear my waistline will never be that thin! And I love the crazy pink hair!

and for what its worth....... ask any woman of any age and the majority of them will tell you they never REALLY feel all grown up and totally adult. I'm 52 --- and I certainly don't. But at you're age, I wrestled with the same thoughts. At the age of 82 my grandmother said to me, "I'm 82 years old, and my body is old, but my mind is still 18" ............ thats just the way it is. Feelings of insecurity and vulnerability never really go away - sometimes they get tucked away or are over-ridden by feelings of confidence and compentence -- but we all deal with feeling like we aren't quite all put together and grown up yet. And one of the best things about gaining a little wisdom in the mature years --- is realizing just how little we really know. And accepting that we will NEVER totally have it all together. So enjoy your youth - and relish in your accomplishments. As long as you keep trying and striving to better yourself, you will continue having new accomplishments to relish in! (so not proper english, but it works!) thats my "mom" advice for today
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I want a reduction - want my extra? I'd be happy to get to a C-D. At my thinnest (90 lbs when I got married), I was a 32 D - boobs on a stick!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

boobs on a stick! We all have our issues don't we? whatever body shape we have we want something different.

I think I'm just dreaming out loud about the augmentation thing. I suppose it doesn't help that my hubby seems to be going into a state of mourning over my shrinking ladies. I tell him tonight that my next weigh in on Wednesday of next week is going to be UNDER 180.......... all he says as gropes my chest is......... "just don't let these things go away". Sometimes even my sweet, adorable husband can be an insensitive ass.

And at the moment that insensitive ass is snoring so loudly that I AGAIN can't sleep. How do I gently tell him that if he would just lose about 25 pounds I'm pretty sure the snoring would nearly go away. When he was at that lighter weight he snored, but it was very soft, and I almost enjoyed it ............. it wasn't the gutteral growl that he has going on now. I nudge him or wake him up enough to get him to stop - and 30 seconds later he's at it again. I hate wearing earplugs - but its all I can do. Tonight I brought pillow and blanket to the couch. I think I will be camping in the livingroom tonight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Can I count pushing the black triangle of death as a workout activity? They've been busy lately!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    And at the moment that insensitive ass is snoring so loudly that I AGAIN can't sleep. How do I gently tell him that if he would just lose about 25 pounds I'm pretty sure the snoring would nearly go away. When he was at that lighter weight he snored, but it was very soft, and I almost enjoyed it ............. it wasn't the gutteral growl that he has going on now. I nudge him or wake him up enough to get him to stop - and 30 seconds later he's at it again. I hate wearing earplugs - but its all I can do. Tonight I brought pillow and blanket to the couch. I think I will be camping in the livingroom tonight.
    Ask him if he'd consider having a sleep study done to see if he's got sleep apnea. If he does, the doctors will tell him that losing weight will help. Then when he comes home and tells you what they've said, you can just support him in following the doctor's orders.

Seriously, though, if he's snoring that loudly, there's no way he's sleeping well and he should be checked for apnea.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)