Page 102 of 600 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6000

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 102

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn - if you really want to change that much in your house - you might be better off selling and starting over. Remodels are EXPENSIVE and unless you plan to live there until you're dying day you may never recover all the expense. I'm banking on a good fire to fix my house woe's. We still have some of the original wiring from the 40's so it could happen. Honestly, the only thing I would be concerned with is losing all the business papers that we keep in the house for the current year - and the computer since it holds all the business financials. Everything else is just "stuff". I LOVE our location - pretty much hate the house. Its a hodge-podge of remodeling and add-ons and the old parts are drafty and do not flow properly. The new parts were done prior to my becoming a part of the household (ie. EX wife touches) so I tend to not "appreciate" her planning or decorating touches. Everything in house has been repainted since I moved in 11 years ago - but there's not much you can do about the basic lay-out once its built (as you know!)

Lets see if I can find a picture of the banana plants..........

hum - photo uploader not responding.......... will try in a new post.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

nope isn't letting me post a picture.......... I'll put one on fb.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

well - I can't find a good picture of the banana's in full form! I posted a picture of the pergola, but that was early in the season and the banana's in the background are pretty small. Right now, the biggest is about 20 feet tall, with a base of about 10 inches! Next summer I will post a picture for you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

No work at the firehouse........ the skies are clear so I'm going out to mow or should I say "bale" the grass! then to the shop to pick up the briefcase and mail so I can do the bookwork for the business - since my friday will be packed with both mom's appts. and shopping trips. UGH.

have a good day..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Got all the bookwork for the boatshop done this afternoon cuz I didn't have any work to do at the doc office. I also walked a little more than a mile in 20 minutes and got in 20 minutes of yoga! Dinner was salmon with acorn squash - lots of butter and some brown sugar! I know - but its so good on the squash!

the 2 cups of hot tea got the pipes cleaned out nicely! I'm anxious to see what the number is in the morning!

I walked too fast I think - strained a muscle in my lower back on the right side. It's gonna be fine - just need to rest. Tomorrow is mom's day so I won't have time to do anything until later in the afternoon. MIL eye appointment in the morning - that will take 2 hours - then my mom's shopping and banking. We ordered 3 new pairs of pants from Blair - so she may want me to hem them tomorrow - I might need to put that one off until next time - cuz I will be kind burned out by the time I'm done with the shopping.

we'll see how it all goes.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, the thing is that *I* designed my house! lol Brad and I built in 2007 and I planned the layout... well, kind of. I took another layout and made changes to it to suit our needs. But having lived there for 5 years, it's easy to find things that would be better done in another layout.

We decided we want to finish the basement at some point, but the stairs to the basement are at one end of the house, which would require us (any any guests) to walk past a bathroom, the kids' bedrooms, and through my laundry room to access it. Just poor planning on my part, really. I should have left the stairs to the basement in the dining room like in the original drawing... that's the biggest thing... that and the door to the garage is by the kids' bedrooms and our bedroom is on the other end of the house, so when they're teens if they want to sneak out, it'll be easy for them. Didn't plan well on that one either. lol I should have just left the original plans alone and gone with that drawing, but we wanted our bedroom on the south side of the house so we could look out the window to the timber, which in the end doesn't matter b/c we don't do that anyhow...

Our location is perfect. 1 block from a park, 1/2 a block to the in-laws, straight down 8 blocks from Brady's school. So, selling and starting over isn't really something we're interested in doing, really. Maybe someday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

been there, Jenn --- the first house my ex and I built was a good layout - but totally not my "style" and I was never comfortable there. I like soft lines and things with angles - that house was a square block with square everything in it! Also my design - from the ground up. I found a picture of an exterior that I liked and then filled in the rooms. We stayed there for 4 years then sold and built again. The second house was again my design, but I started with a "footprint" from the builder and made my own house out of it. I LOVED that house - and still miss it. It had a meditaranean flare - arched doorways and a big open 15 foot vaulted greatroom. The masterbath was 12x12 with an 8x10 walk-in closet. I had a shower, a huge garden tub, and a vanity table. And the "throne" was in a water closet. It was all on one level. 3 bedroom, 2 bath. It was "me". When the ex and divorced I said goodbye to house and ignored him!

So --- I'm telling you this so you know it happens........ our first attempt at building is rarely the right choice and then we learn and do it all over again! Since you're location is perfect - probably remodeling is your best bet. Is it possible to put in another set of stairs to the basement, in the dining room where its more convenient? As for the kids sneaking out........... wow - maybe an alarm on the front door so if they open it they'll be found out? Just have to keep the code between you and Brad. You know, like a home security system. Do you have one of those now?

Funny how we don't think of all those things until its too late! frustrating more than funny I guess.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

mom day........ out the door I go. Have to drive 1/2 hour to pick up MIL then take her to the eye doctor. Then 1/2 hour back to her home. then take my shopping........... then back home. 2 hours of driving today. UGH! going to be long day. Hopefully the weather will be nice long enough for me to get in a walk this afternoon, but a rain storm is supposed to be on its way. It might be a yoga day. I think I'm going to invest in a treadmill for this winter.

I'm really hungry - but not going to eat cuz that will sometimes trigger the tummy troubles. don't need that today!

I didn't weigh this morning - thought maybe I'd give it a couple days rest. I'll see whats happening come Monday morning. I just have to be really careful this weekend. I think I've got my hubby to forego to rum at home. YEAH. That seems to be my biggest roadblock to dropping the pounds........

time to.

have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What I kind of plan on doing is remodel my kitchen first to make it smaller. Yes, I said smaller. It's too large now with so much wasted space that it fills up with clutter. Take out the wall between the dining room and kitchen (it's not a load bearing wall). Then I plan to remove the stairwell from the hallway, put my laundry room where my stairwell is, move the bathroom down to where the laundry is, and place the stairwell where the bathroom was. Basically, I'm taking out the stairs, moving everything down about 4 foot, and putting the stairs in the dining room - where they were on the original plan... *facepalm*

That won't eliminate the problem of teens being able to sneak out. An alarm might work, but that could get complicated when they start dating and all that and might require two codes, etc. Not sure how we're going to handle that.

There are other layouts I'd like to try, but of course, constantly changing the house would get expensive. Moving the stairway and finishing our basement would afford us the room to entertain, which we can't do now b/c the common areas of our house are too small for a large group of people. Someday... someday. Might just have House Crashers come in and change it all... I WISH!! lol

Live and learn.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sounds like you have a good plan - hope you can do it so you're comfortable with the layout. It makes it hard to be "at home" when there are things about the house that you don't like. At least - thats how it is for me.

got the mom's all taken care of. MIL is rapidly losing her eye sight - and she isn't very happy about it. But she is a gracious and gentle women - she doesn't complain or get angry she just says she wishes it wasn't happening. It makes her sad. Today she just kept saying, "well, I'm 89 years old........ thats getting up there!" She is such a dear --- I love her so very much! Took my mom grocery shopping and banking. then I fixed her shoes, she needed new insoles, changed the batteries in her tv remote, fixed up her new flashlight so she could see better to read recipes (cookies.... ugh), paid her bills, read her mail, and visited a bit. I was pretty tired out by the time I got home today! I hadn't eaten in 19 hours........ and was so hungry I grabbed the first thing I could find in the fridge --- the spicy hash from 2 nights ago. NOT a good choice. Acid stomach - and diarrhea!!! I'm in so much pain I could cry. I took an antiacid but it doesn't seem to be doing too much to help. I'm going to go lay on my bed - close to the bathroom and hope it passes...........

I stepped on the scale just a minute ago - after a long visit in the bathroom, in the sitting position...... 182.2 So - I guess there is something good to come from my misery! thats only .8 pounds from my all time primal low of 181.6 from a few weeks ago. I mist be doing something right.

I've made beef curry for dinner - but I'm not touching it! Hubby and son can feast on all of it. Just need to make some rice. Not sure what I'll eat for the rest of the day - but I can promise you it will be something very mild and easy on the digestive system.

send healing thoughts and prayers my way please.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter