Page 101 of 540 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5400

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 101

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hang in there Tomi - the scale will move. Sending positive scale moving thoughts.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    What a frustrating situation with the girls.

My scale read 188 today. I know what the problem is - too much sugar, "primalized(ish)" baked goodies, etc. I need to get back to high fat, vlc, and fill in with protein. I'm a bloated dead cow in the sun today... lol I feel your pain, figuratively.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Hang in there Tomi - the scale will move. Sending positive scale moving thoughts.
    Send BIG ones!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    What a frustrating situation with the girls.

My scale read 188 today. I know what the problem is - too much sugar, "primalized(ish)" baked goodies, etc. I need to get back to high fat, vlc, and fill in with protein. I'm a bloated dead cow in the sun today... lol I feel your pain, figuratively.
    Sugar is a killer, Jenn! Doesn't matter how "healthy" we try to make those "primal-ized" baked goods sound - sugar is sugar - and calories are calories. It might be almond flour/meal but its PACKED with calories! I have not once tried to bake anything and call it call it primal. I think the person who first started concocting baked goods with primal ingredients did us all a dis-service!

Have you watched this Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube ???? It will totally change your mind about eating sugar! and open your eyes to a lot of other things too. Its about an hour and 1/2 long - so maybe watch it after you get the kids to bed. See if Brad will watch it with you. You can skip the biochemistry part if it bores you to tears! Give it a watch and let me know what you think.

Now - here's my encouragement.............. COME ON, JENN --- YOU CAN DO THIS!!! BUCKLE DOWN AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! There........... all done!

Read post #2626
    my motivation

Did you know you can burn nearly 300 calories in an hour of vacuuming???? I have just found my motivation for keeping my floors clean! YEAH! I just vacuumed my house and it took me 45 minutes.......... so I can burn an extra 225 calories everytime I vacuum! SCORE!!!!!!

If the weather holds I'm going for a quick walk --- and then.............. YOGA! Hubby is making dinner again tonight
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

These goodies have been made with rice flour, not almond flour, so the calories are reduced in that sense. MIL found this awesome gluten free flour called Pamela's Baking and Pancake Flour (or something like that) and makes gluten free cookies for Brady. They're addicting!

I plan to hit it hard starting Sunday. Saturday we have nephew's birthday party (he'll be 3 - acts like it too! The tantrums that kid throws! Yowza!).

Anyhow, once that's done, it's game on.

Okay, Jenn ---- Sunday it is! Full speed ahead without stopping for anymore speed bumps! You with me????

Yesterday I walked a mile and then did my yoga DVD. I was still doing it when hubby came home - so he got dinner going Then he told me to go ahead and shower and he'd finish up - what a great guy! He made the same hash we had the night before - well, thats what he calls it. He sauteed onions in butter and olive oil. Then added red potatos and a bunch of other veggies and some steak meat cut into cubes. It was wonderful! Oh I forgot the Thai Yellow Curry Sauce - YUMMY!

The scales are back down to 184.2 ........... but thats still not back down to my alltime primal low of 181.6! When I steadily resting UNDER that number I will be feeling good - until I have that yearning to get to another low. I'm tracking my calories in/calories out to see if I'm losing according to the numbers.......... I'm only on day 3 of this so it will a while before I know for sure if I'm doing it all correctly. I know it seems a bit like OVERKILL........ and it is......... but it helps me in the process - keeps me on track and in line with my goals. So, it can't be all bad.

TMI.......... still not able to empty the pipes - so today after work I'm going to take a couple magnesium pills. I'm SURE that will work to get things all flushed! Seems I'm either running to the bathroom - or wishing I could! No middle ground where my bowels are concerned. I guess I've been this way my whole life. As a child I was almost always uncomfortably constipated - surely from lack of any real fiber in my diet! Maybe all my weight is being held in my bowels right now! Lets see --- had a complete clean out on Saturday - then nothing sunday and monday - very little Tuesday - nothing Wednesday - and just a bit this morning.......... I'd say there must be a couple of pounds of ______ stored up in there! So --- here's to hoping for a ROYAL FLUSH later today!

Breakfast: 4 slices of bacon - yummo! Took all my pills......... (such a good girl!)

I slept REALLY good last night. Woke up several times (normal) but hubby's snoring only bothered me once. I slept from 10:30 pm until 9:30 am! Good heavens! Thats a good nights sleep! I am so thankful that I don't have a morning job! Cuz I do need to make sure I get enough sleep or the fibro fatigue comes back.

With the colder weather I have found of love of tea! I've been drinking just regular Lipton - but I'm going to stop at the store after work and pick up some herbal teas. Need to do some research on the health bennies of the different types of tea.

I'm shopping for a new front door. Ours in okay - but the jam is all messed up and you can see daylight through it - not good for keeping out the cold! Plus, I have always hated this door. Ugly steel door with the typical fan shaped window at the top --- blah! So we're getting a door that is fiber/steel construction and stainable. It will have the large oval stained glass center - not the full length, but the top 2/3's. I'm excited. We have hanging on to last years end of year bonus money for this very purpose. The door itself will cost about $675 - and then we'll have to pay a guy to install it, plus by the new lock and knob system. I'm guessing it will cost around $1000 total. Then......... I'm going to start saving for new carpet. Once we don't have Zeus anymore (yes, he still has a few years in him - I hope) I want to get new carpet. This carpet was installed when the remodel was done in 1998, and it was VERY expensive carpet........... but, 14 years, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 kids and 2 adults later --- and its not looking so great. The dogs claws have pulled out a few treads here and there - I've had to continually trim off the "sprained" loops. And it is in GREAT need of a good deep cleaning. Before I replace it I will TRY to save it by having it professionally cleaned by a good carpet cleaning company. I will probably call ServePro - they do a lot of fire and water damage clean up so they really know how to get things clean! If it turns out I don't have to replace the carpet - then the money will likely be invested in the kitchen remodel. We've talked about selling our livingroom furniture to my son when he buys a house - but we don't have several thousand dollars to replace it right now. AND - I don't want to get new stuff until we no longer have animals who sneak onto the furniture when no one is looking! The cat is fine - but Zeus leaves too much hair and Basset Hound smell behind! (which reminds me........... he really needs a bath!)

TMI -- the hot tea seems to be causing some movement........... ouchiness!

On another subject --- it is really time to get outside and finish up the fall yard clean up! I haven't been able to mow the grass for weeks because its been too wet --- and it is going to be a bugger to mow now! WAY to high to mulch - and I'm sure it will completely fill the yard waste bin. The banana's are all starting to turn yellow and we absolutely must get them cut down before they start to fall or we will have a slimmy mess on our hands. Mind you - we have about 300 banana tree's in our backyard. NO, they don't grow naners...... but they look AWESOME! It takes me about an hour to cut them all down using the cordless cut-off saw....... then it takes a few hours to load them all onto the trailer to take them to the yard recycle center. Last year we had 2500 pounds! All water for the most part. The leaves haven't really started dropping yet. But when they do it takes me hours with the leaf blower to get them off the grass and into the flower beds where they stay all winter to decompose and feed the ground. Fall makes me sad............ everything is going to sleep for the long cold winter.

Oh dear - I am a chatty kathy this morning! I hope whoever is reading this is not shaking their head and thinking --- MAN - YOU NEED A LIFE!

okay I will end this............. have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I've fallen in love with iced green tea with pomegranate.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I read it all and didn't shake my head.

You should point me in the direction of a picture of your banana tree. I'm not sure I can visualize what you're talking about.

I know what you mean about carpet. We built our house in 2007. The carpet was installed then. Today, the carpet looks like $hit. Mind you, we got the "standard" carpet b/c we were pushing our budget with this house. In hindsight, we should have waited another year before going forward with our plans, which was the original plan (to build in 2008), but I got tapped for deployment to occur in 2008, so we decided to build a year earlier instead of waiting til the year I returned (2009). Then I didn't deploy... lol Our carpet is in SERIOUS need of replacement. It has no life left and it's stained to beat hell. Oh well. Two young kids, 2 dogs and a cat... not putting a ton of money into it until they stop trashing it.

Our door is a steel door with a 2/3 window as well... but our window is rectangle with the country style sashes in it (so it's divided into 9 little windows). It shouldn't be a front door, but it is. *shrug* We can replace it someday.

I'd also like to remodel my kitchen... but that's a long way down the road yet... and truth be told, I'd like to gut the whole house, change the whole layout and essentially start over, without yanking down the exterior walls. I think the footprint is fine, but I'd like to change the way things are placed inside. even thought about converting the garage to a living room (28x28... could you imagine???) and building a new garage off the back of the house. Pipe dreams... lol I'd have to hit the lottery first, in which case Brad says we'd sell and buy an acreage in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I've fallen in love with iced green tea with pomegranate.
    that sounds good! might try to find some........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation