Page 100 of 540 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5394

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 100

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So --- I'm drinking a hot cup of tea with just a tsp of honey in it. Had a single egg fried in bacon fat and seasoned with only garem masala (spicy!!!) and 32 grams of almond butter. The tea is wonderful for warming my insides! And I'm banking on it also helping my body shed some extra water. I also realized that I haven't "pottied" since I had the issues in Vegas on Saturday. So, thats 2 days of not "going". I'm feeling a bit "full". Are you enjoying my tackful way of not saying I need to POOP! hahaha! I took 2 diarrhea pills on Saturday to stop the flow......... and 2 on Sunday as a precaution so I wouldn't have issues on the flight home. So - I might need to take some magnesium or epsom salts to gets the pipes flushed out. I'm hoping lots of water and hot tea will do the trick - but we shall see. Epsom Salts ALWAYS works with little to no discomfort.

I'm going to buy some herbal tea and a nice travel mug so I can take hot tea to work with me this winter. My office is always freezing cold! Its a very old drafty building! Its actually an old Firehouse thats been converted into an office space. The doctors exam rooms our where the old fire engine was "garaged". It still has the original firemans pole! One of our patients actually worked in the building as a fireman many years ago! (very nice man.... I miss seeing him since I'm not doing the clinical research anymore) I have to be careful when I tell people where I work - cuz if I just say "the Firehouse" they look at me really weird.......... cuz there is also a topless bar in town call the "firehouse" I've got some pretty funny looks from people! and comments like...... "YOU work at the firehouse???" VERY FUNNY! You'd have to know me to realize that I wouldn't even set foot in a place like that - unless my car broke down and I had no other option but to go in there to use the phone! Thank goodness I have a cell phone - so that senario is not likely to happen!

I was reading in Jenn's journal that she is concerned with going VLC because it can cause issues if your thyroid is not working at optimal levels. At first I was alarmed since I was diagnosed hypothyroid and put on Armour......... then I realized I don't have to worry because since being on Armour I am just slightly "over compensated" and so not hypo anymore. Yeah! I was very happy to come to that realization since high fat and VLC is working nicely to get the fat to start burning off me. I'm not happy with what the scales are reading right now though........ so I have to be hypervigilant about eating right - getting enough sleep - drinking enough water - and moving enough.

Speaking of sleep - last night was a doozy for hubby snoring! I woke him up twice just enough to tell him he was snoring -- he'd move a bit, stop snoring for all of 30 seconds and start up the chain saw again!!! I finally resorted to the earplugs. I hate using them cuz they make my ear canal hurt after a couple of nights - but it was that or lay there all night and be angry at him! Its not like he can control it! He says I snore too.......... and I've been recorded - so I know he's right! (embarrassing!) But he could fall asleep in the middle of a hurricane if he was tired enough. He can fall asleep while watching a football game for heavens sake! In fact - he's been known to fall asleep in the middle of a conversation if he's really tired. OH - but this is the best one........... he's even fallen asleep in the middle of kissing me goodnight! NOW THERE'S A EGO BOOSTER FOR YOU! Good think I'm secure in our relationship!

In case you're wondering I haven't done my yoga yet......... I got caught up in some online research and phone calls and other "need to do's" and haven't got to it. Now it is almost time to get ready for work - so the yoga will happen when I get home this afternoon. I probably will not have much work to do - maybe a couple hours. Yesterday was a good day - I actually worked 4 hours! I wish I could get in that many hours everyday cuz it would make the paycheck a little fatter! I have decided that I just work too fast and need to slow down a little. The manager is SLOWLY passing off some of his work to me - the busy-work stuff that he doesn't have to do and I can easily take off his hands (thats why he hired me in the first place) so I am hoping to see the hours increase. If I could work 16-20 hours a week my paycheck would be pretty nice and I would feel like I'm contributing more to the finances. I already do 99% of the work at home though - including all the yardwork - and hubby see's that as a huge benefit to me being home instead of working full time. Oldest step-daughter made a snide remark about him paying all the bills...... and he quickly let her know that I contribute in many more ways than just financially. Little brat! I wasn't present when she said it - but he told me about it. Comments like that cause me to dislike her even more - but my husbands response was priceless and was quite validating!

Speaking of step daughters. Its now been 15 months since they moved out. Oldest has never come over to visit in all this time. We've seen her at family gatherings at MIL's house a few times. She came over once to say goodbye to the dog that needed to be put down - but thats it. And she wasn't very friendly that day either. I don't know if she stops at the boatshop to see her dad or not - hubby says only rarely. She is quite busy now - with 2 p/t jobs and online masters level classes. She's living with her mom full time now --- mind you oldest step daughter is turning 24 next month. Up until August of 2011 she was still living a month at her moms and a month with us. I'm grateful those days are over! She was so demanding about having control of the house! It was EXTREMELY stressful living with her. I've never been able to figure out why she thought she should have any say in what or how we decorated. But if we painted or moved the furniture she would throw a fit! Even threaten to move out! (here's the door, dear - don't let it smack you on the butt on the way out! oh, and can I help you pack???? ) My thoughts --- unfortunately not my words. I've often wondered if she has a bit of OCD going on. Whatever......... I still have PTSD because of it! hahaha - not really, but definitely still have some issues and scars from the years of dealing with it. I moved in when she was 11 ........... so I had 12 years of it! THANK THE LORD those days are over! Now if both the girls would just clear out their bedrooms so I could have a home office and set up a guest room! I wonder how long hubby will let it go before he says its time to completely move out!

Okay........... rambling on and on here....... I'm on second cup of tea - 3rd load of laundry - and the clock is ticking. Need to go get ready for work and don't want to go. I like being home - its cozy here.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a basement? Maybe you could move DSD's stuff to the basement or to the garage where it's out of your way? Maybe that would prompt them to come get it b/c winter is coming and mice like to live in storage boxes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Feels better. I think I've got a mild planter fasciitis. It started hurting Friday at the clinic, so probably a combination of being on my feet more days than usual and the shoes I wore that day. . Thanks for asking.
    have always wondered exactly what is plantar fasciitis? what causes it? I know the plantar is the ball of the foot - correct? I've had a plantars wart before.... dug it out myself! ouch. but what is the fasciitis part???? could look it up I suppose..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Do you have a basement? Maybe you could move DSD's stuff to the basement or to the garage where it's out of your way? Maybe that would prompt them to come get it b/c winter is coming and mice like to live in storage boxes.
    Have suggested that to hubby......... no go. Technically they are both still in college - and he feels as long as they are in school they are still welcome to live here if they choose. GRRRR.......... he knows on a psychological level they will not be coming back but isn't ready to give them the boot. He'll likely wait until they are both officially out of school and have their own place. That means....... YEARS from now! GRRRR! So meanwhile I continue to use the dining room as my office space.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    have always wondered exactly what is plantar fasciitis? what causes it? I know the plantar is the ball of the foot - correct? I've had a plantars wart before.... dug it out myself! ouch. but what is the fasciitis part???? could look it up I suppose..........
    Swelling, inflammation of the large muscle that runs across the bottom of your foot toe to heel.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Have suggested that to hubby......... no go. Technically they are both still in college - and he feels as long as they are in school they are still welcome to live here if they choose. GRRRR.......... he knows on a psychological level they will not be coming back but isn't ready to give them the boot. He'll likely wait until they are both officially out of school and have their own place. That means....... YEARS from now! GRRRR! So meanwhile I continue to use the dining room as my office space.
    May be worth getting a storage unit..........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Can you consolidate their stuff into one room and use the other for the office? Or did they share a room?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Can you consolidate their stuff into one room and use the other for the office? Or did they share a room?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    May be worth getting a storage unit..........
    I threw out the idea of combining their stuff but oldest step daughters room is too full to add what youngest step daughter left in hers........ a twin bed, a large upright dresser, a computer desk and a bookshelf. Oldests looks like a bookstore exploded in there - she has about 20 bags full of books - plus a twin bed, a small dresser, and misc other things that she can't fit into her room at her moms house. The walls are still covered with all her posters and pictures (mainly of herself) and there is barely space to walk from the door to the window to air it out occassionally. He closet is still full of clothes that she outgrew years ago but isn't willing to let go of. She's a "plump" girl. barely 5 feet tall - and nearly as wide. Everytime I see her she seems to be a bit bigger around. The clothes in her closet have probably been hanging there for a good 5 years. I guess she is thinking she will fit into them again someday. I don't know.

As for having their bedrooms cleaned out........... who knows? I thought youngest was going to take all her stuff when she moved into a new apartment with her best friend - but then she decided she didn't have room for it. So - it sits. I keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I can't do much about it cuz they aren't my kids.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

That sucks, Tomi. Sorry. I wish I had another idea for you.

it does suck........ but I don't have any say in it. I guess thats the part that sucks. Hubby and I have never been on the same page when it comes to his daughters. He's always indulged them to the point that it nearly broke us up. It took a year of counseling before he got the courage to stand up to them and let them know who runs the house. By that time - oldest was 22 and youngest was 18. That was August of 2011. Thats when they both moved out and haven't been back. Youngest came to visit once - and had dinner with us. Oldest has only came by to get something from her room - or put something in - and to say goodbye to the dog. I think oldest thinks she is making a point and "punishing" daddy. But he doesn't feel punished - he just says she obviously needs to work through some things.

He just called to tell me that dad's weekend is the first weekend of November at Oregon State - where youngest is attending. He's going and taking both girls to the football game. Sorta bugs me that he will do nice things for oldest when she is being such a little shit! But whatever.......... he needs time with them no matter whats happening with them coming to our house.

Ugh......... I hate thinking about all that. I feel like my hands are tied and my mouth has duct tape over it when it comes to dealing with the girls. Its very frustrating!

I have started doing yoga and pilates instead of walking daily. With the weather so yucky now I need an alternative. When weather permits I will still walk - but otherwise I will do the DVD's. I tried yoga on monday - and pilates on Tuesday. They are both a good workout and sure get things stretched out! Walking doesn't do that! I'm feeling good about it.

I'm still 185 - but I know I'm still carrying extra water cuz when I get up in the morning I have these ugly bags under my eyes! Looks like I'm an old alcoholic or something! I finally went to the bathroom this morning - so I'm sure that is going to relieve some of it - I read yesterday that being constipated can contribute to excess water weight. So hopefully when pipes get cleaned out the water weight will follow and the puffiness will go away.

I forgot to report on the steaks cooked in the crockpot! They turned out really good! Very tender and juicy and full of flavor! The bones fell right off when I lifted the meat out. I saved all the juice for Zeus. Last night we cut up a couple of the steaks into cubes, cubed up a couple small red potatoes, quartered 6 brussel sprouts, threw in some carrots, 1/2 red onion, and some cauliflower and made a really yummy hash. We added some Tai Yellow Curry Paste to give it some ZING! It was wonderful! We'll do something similar tonight. Not sure what exactly......... hubby wants to do something with the Guy Fieri sauce --- but it has sugar in it. I will try to talk him into something else. There is only 9 grams of sugars in 2 TB though - so thats not really that much. I will do a little research and see if 9 grams of sugar will hurt anything. ............. ok - 9 grams of sugar is 35 calories or about 2 tsp. Thats a lot huh? Maybe I will convince him we need to just add spices instead of that sauce.

Ugh - I overcooked my bacon - EXTRA crispy! I hope it doesn't cause cancer............. Tastes little burned but it will do. why does the second side always cook so much faster? duh!

So I'm obsessing over the scale again. I hate it when it moves down in leaps and bounds... and then rebounds and just hangs there! What a cruel thing to do! For 2 days it was telling me 181.6 -- I was thrilled and so anxious to see it drop down under 180! Then it jumped 4 freakin' pounds over night! and I'm still hanging at 185. I know I just need to keep doing what is right - the high fat - mod. protein - and VLC is what I need to stick with. My nemisis is that dang RUM. Thats the problem! I had rum over one weekend and the scales shot back up to 185 even though my overall calories didn't reflect that type of an increase. At best I should have gained 1/2 pound. So obviously alcohol calories aren't the same as food calories. Thats a good thing to keep in mind next time I feel the desire for a drink.

Its clearing up a bit so I might go for a walk before work and then do my DVD after work........... ???? I do enjoy walking. Just need to bundle up! If I go now I will have just enough time to shower and get to work. Course that means getting off my toosh and getting dressed too........... I'm also feeling rather lazy at the moment.

Okay....... here I go....... have a good day all.
    Last edited by tomi; 10-24-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation