Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I F moodiness page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

I F moodiness

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone else notice a mood change?

I can go for hours without eating... hunger pains arnt an issue at all.

But what I have noticed is that my mood gradually deterirotates.

I have generally darker and more depressive thoughts the longer I go without food.

Anyone else notice anything similar?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Um, no.

I have to say I'm grateful that the only "symptom" I get when I IF is a little periodic tummy rumbling (which can be a bit embarrassing when you work in a small, quiet office). But I've never had the shakes, headaches, weird feelings, whatever that some others seem to get when they haven't eaten for a while.

So - kind of opposite to you!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    As above! I get up, full of energy once I get properly awakened, thinking clearly, I do get the hunger feelings and the odd growl but generally i'm very happy and always looking forward to breaking my fast with a juicy orange!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

mitmo is offline Junior Member
    I do notice that I get a bit more moody the longer I go with out food, and I sometimes get naucious, but as soon as I eat something I bounce right back to my normal self.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I associate that with low blood sugar. Generally when a fast is harder for me (with depressive thoughts, shakes, whatever), it means I'm hypoglycemic, and I try to eat regularly for the rest of the week and by the next week, I can handle an IF again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I did when I first started almost a year ago but this has diminished. Coffee seems to help.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    How long a time period would you consider it to be an IF.. for instance i regularly don't eat between 7pm and 9 am. would that be an IF?

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i think IF is an advanced maneuvre. it took me a while to get comfortable with it, and though i love that mark writes about it, i wish he would be more clear in recommending it for more experienced and healthy primal eaters. i ate dinner at 6pm last night, and i'll have lunch today at 12pm. i'm feeling fine. it took me a while to get to this point, and i would never advise anyone to rush it!!! you'll be ready to do it when you're ready. don't push.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    I've been IF ing for a month or so. I love it. It's cured me of snacking, which I didn't even realize was holding me back. I have been irritable and my wife is bugging me to take it easy on the fasting. It's making me hard to live with (I guess).

I haven't been depressed though, just a little short with people, but I tend to have that problem anyway haha.

I think the above suggestion by fiercehunter to drink coffee is a good one. I'm not a coffee fan big picture/long term, but it's also not a good idea to give up too many things at once. Get your apetite and weight under control, then address the coffee problem, if you have one.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you look at symptoms of depression, one of them is irritability

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast