Thread: Help!! page

monty2mom is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Help!!

Primal Fuel
    I was diagnosed with Crohn's in January and have been desperately trying to navigate through all of the information I've come across and so much of it is conflicting!! Are there any Crohnies out there that are following this eating plan and having success?? I read that red meat is inflammatory so I don't know what to do! I have the primal blueprint book and cookbook and have been following it but I'm not sure if it's what I should be doing. Doctors are worthless as they don't believe there is any one diet to follow. HELP!! I'm really in need of some direction if anyone out there has any for me!!
    Thanks for your time!

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I don't have it myself, but my cousin who is the same age and so on has suffered from it for a couple years. He gets bad spells with it and asked me if I had any advice. I told him four things:

1. Stop smoking
    2. Stop drinking like a fish
    3. Stop shoving processed junk in your face and eat real food
    4. Start exercising

He followed this advice a for a couple months and saw huge improvements. This is about all I can offer,which is odd, since it kind of runs in my family and you'd think I'd have done some serious research on it by now.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Minagelina is offline Member
    All I could say is, a lot of people have success with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which is the original diet that people followed who had Crohns. Another one that should help too is GAPS. It is based on SCD with fermenteds and bone broth. But maybe I'd go with the original and do SCD as it was designed for Crohns. These are basically Paleo/Primal anyway, so you are on the right path. These two diets are designed for inflammatory bowel diseases, though. They start you on easily digestible foods in order to give your bowels a chance to heal and then you add in foods as your body can handle them. The GAPS book is found at Home Page and the other book is called Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottshall. Her daughter had Crohns or something as equally serious. I'd start there. There are some websites you can go to: The Scientific Diet for GI Problems, Autism and Other Conditions and if you go to yahoogroups, you will find some listings for scd and gapshelp.

Good luck! I pray that you get the relief and health that you need

Julie
    Last edited by Minagelina; 03-28-2012 at 05:48 AM.