Thread: Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Shop Now
    Does anyone here have links to actual studies showing the effect of glucose and/or glucose-starvation on cancer cells? I know I've read in more than one place that cancer cells are extremely glucose-sensitive and require it in large amounts to survive, and in fact are unable to survive on any other source of energy (eg ketones)

look up the warburg effect. that's the only reasonable bit of info, beyond the hyperbole. cancer cells can only metabolize glucose; has nothing to do with sensitivity.

to be clear, i think that avoiding glucose in some misguided attempt to avoid cancer is absolute stupidity. a ketogenic diet used as part of a cancer treatment may be effective, but has not been studied enough.

Quote Originally Posted by llewin View Post
    Does anyone here have links to actual studies showing the effect of glucose and/or glucose-starvation on cancer cells? I know I've read in more than one place that cancer cells are extremely glucose-sensitive and require it in large amounts to survive, and in fact are unable to survive on any other source of energy (eg ketones)

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by js290 View Post
    Good stuff