Thread: Primal Journal (tattooedmohhler) page

tattooedmohler is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (tattooedmohhler)

Primal Fuel
    About two weeks ago I found marks daily apple while searching for some workouts to do with a sledge hammer. This lead me to the urban primalist which sent me right back here. I read a lot of articles in that week and decided that this was something for me. I have always been a bigger guy, and at the time I thought I was ok with it. In the past few months I have come to realize how much I have let my weight hold me back when it came to pyhsical activites with friends. On March 19 I took the plunge into going primal. In 9 days I have noticed that I feel better and have more motivation. I am only eating when hungry. I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself very frequently but I can already see pretty decent changes when in front of a mirror. When it comes to energy one of the best examples I have is from last week on day 4 or 5 I walked the 2 miles to work and home when I got off. Was home for around 45 min and then walked another 2 miles just so I could purchase a bike I was looking at and ride it home. I would never have done something like this in the past. The hardest part for me so far has been with not drinking sodas and energy drinks. Even this has not been a huge problem. My starting weight was 246 my goal is to get under 200 and to get in a much healther state to avoid as many health problems as possible. My other goal in losing the weight is so I can join the National Guard. attached is a picture taken today. Well I think that is enough for my first post.[ATTACH]6612
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    HI! Welcome, glad to have you here and sharing How far out is your National Guard goal?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

It is kind of difficult to tell weight wise a lot for my height I am supposed to be at 179 but by body fat percent I need to be at 26%. So for that I need to lose about 3 inches off my waist.

Ick, I remember those standards. I actually dreaded weigh ins after PT tests because I could never get just under. I was always like 5-10 lbs over. The tape thing was crappy, but I passed. I just felt like crap for not making it.

However, I think since you've stumbled onto PB, you stand a better chance!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

That is one thing I am hoping to avoid and I do agree I think with PB I will be just fine. It seems like every day I am finding something new and great on how I am feeling. Like today I walked around 4 miles round trip just to go get coffee and have some lunch at a local restaurant. Then walked 2 miles to work afterward, and still had more than enough energy to run around for my 6 hour shift. I think the biggest thing I have noticed these last 3 days is that I don't feel like I need coffee but rather can have a cup to enjoy at my leasure.

So the last couple of days have been the first time I have really craved any carb of sugary food since starting. I did eat some but stayed withing the limit for weight loss. Due to a job interview I returned to my parents home for the night and decided to do a half way point weigh in. I say half way because my original plan was to try it for 21 days, but now I am pretty sold that this is the lifestyle for me. So anyway My Awesome News of The Day is that I have lost 14.8 pounds in these last 11 days and about and inch and a half off my waist!! Yep just found my motivation to deal with those cravings!

Dude! That's freaking fantastic That's just some awesome news right there! Keep it up and you'll show up those regular Army guys at basic Heck, you'll end up showing up everyone. Just don't become a target for the Drill Sgt's

Yeah I really don't want to become a target but part of my thing is if I join I want to do everything to the best of my ability and this is the first thing I have found that is helping me truely get to that goal. Now that I feel I have a decent perspective on the eating part it is time to add in the fitness side and see what I can really do.

Just wanting to do a little update. First off I have realized that apon waking I no longer feel the need to make coffee to get me moving for the day. This has been great because it used to take at least half a pot. Secondly I have noticed that on days when I do a workout apon first waking up it takes me much longer to get hungry that day. Other than these two observations things have been gonig pretty well. I have reached a new hole in my belt and even going out to eat it has not been hard to find a way to stick with the PB. My biggest goals right now are to continue to improve with the primal way of life and continue to work out and improve in all areas of the PB

Seeing as tomorrow is easter I wanted to go ahead and do a little update. I am 20 days into going primal, and I have lost 15.5 pounds. Most of this came off pretty early on. These last few days have been a little stressful and I will be the first to admit that I have cheated a little to much in those days. This just shows me where I need to improve. Step one is to stop with the little cheats. The other part is that even though I have not lost a lot more weight I have lost about and inch off my waist so there are still good things going. I started this out as a 21 day trial. 20 days into this and I am sure that this is the lifestyle for me. Also the next step now that I have the main meals worked out while working out on cutting the cheats it will be time to start adding in more workouts. I know this will change some of the weight loss but I am not worried, my goal is to get healthy and this is an important part to that. I am very optomistic in my future endevors and am sure that I will be going fully primal in my near future. This site has ment a lot in helping me in the last 20 days and I am sure it will for the rest of my primal journey. Thanks for all the support and I look forward to becoming even more involved in the PB community.