Thread: Paleo Pizza! page

pjgh is offline Senior Member

Paleo Pizza!

Prior to ancestral eating, I never ate pizza - I just didn't see the attraction.

Since coming to ancestral eating, pizza seems to be an obsession! I'm intrigued enough to give it a go ... and did it properly ... with some proper junk food!

So, the base ...

What's better than bread? ANYTHING! Anything that is tasty, nutritional and ... well ... this is not emulation, this is supplantation! <<<<< Not a real word

Pop some portabello mushrooms on a grill pan open side up and wait for the juice to come up. Flip over and press down hard - this will evaporate the juice and pull all the flavour back into the mushroom.

Great! That's the base ...

Top with your favourites. Not being a pizza aficionado, I went with a couple of cliches: Ham & Pineapple and Pepperoni.

Ham & Pineapple - ham hock, shredded and some tinned pineapple (see, told you it was junk food) over pomodorino tomato, minced. Mozzarella on top, touch of black pepper and some truffle, which is bang in season at the moment.

Pepperoni - pepperoni slices over pomodorino tomato, minced. Mozzarella on top, touch of black pepper and some shredded wild garlic, which is just popping up all over the place at the moment.

Pick up and eat! This is small enough; mini-pizza. Or, as my delicate wife did, cut and eat like a civilised person looking in dismay at the caveman, face covered in food but with a big old smile

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Those look pretty damn tasty. Gotta say, I never would have considered shrooms as the base, but it makes perfect sense.