Thread: First IF page

adr617 is offline Member

First IF

Shop Now
    I have been eating nearly primal since the fall, but I recently made the full leap into primal eating. Something that is unclear to me is IF. I have looked through past forums and found that it can be very helpful and most people use an "eating window."

I am wondering when people usually start this pattern and how (gradually or jump in)?

Thanks

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    One approach is simply to occasionally skip a meal or a day's meals in a fairly random pattern. That would, presumably, mimic what might happen "in the wild".

Robb Wolf recommends people to first cut down carbohydrate consumption and ramp up sleep (in as dark a room as you can make it) before trying fasting. He reckons you must get those two things right first. He's said this on his podcast and repeats it here:

A great question is “how do I implement intermittent fasting?” to which I would respond: Implement it to the degree it makes you feel better and improves your life. Two things you MUST do: remove refined carbs from your diet AND get adequate sleep.
    Sleep+Intermittent Fasting | Robb Wolf | The Paleo Solution book and podcast | Paleo diet, Paleolithic nutrition, intermittent fasting, and fitness

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Lewis, it's all what you're comfortable with. When I did my first IF (about 2 weeks in), I had a great dinner the night before, and didn't eat again until sundown the next day. I was a little hungry but, your body adjusts. I lifted and did HIIT that day, and felt great.