Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your opinion on cottage cheese? page

patski is offline Senior Member

what's your opinion on cottage cheese?

Shop Now
    Years ago, I liked cottage cheese. 2% to be exact. The texture is funky, yes. I used to make pancakes out of cottage cheese, an egg and a banana, and they were AWESOME!

I distinctly remember my naturopathic doc at the time saying that cottage cheese was pretty UN-processed as far as dairy goes.

What say you, MDA-ers?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

LolaLola is offline Member
    It's my favourite breakfast. Full fat Marks & Spencers cottage cheese with raspberries & some pouring cream. Yum - even if everyone I know thinks it is mad :-)

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I love it but it's dairy so I don't use it.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I like cottage cheese~ don't seem to have any issues with it~ I especially like it mixed with diced onion and cucumber

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy it infrequently. The whey has properties that don't agree with me, and I dislike the dry curds. So I have the creamed (with whey) cottage cheese once every few months. Always organic, and in the summer the cows see quite a bit of pasture grass.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Years ago, I liked cottage cheese. 2% to be exact. The texture is funky, yes. I used to make pancakes out of cottage cheese, an egg and a banana, and they were AWESOME!

I distinctly remember my naturopathic doc at the time saying that cottage cheese was pretty UN-processed as far as dairy goes.

What say you, MDA-ers?
    Well, it's fairly low-fat, which is NOT, of course, a good thing. I like to go for full-fat dairy produce in order to get the fat-soluble vitamins -- plus it usually tastes better.

Dunno what the person meant by "unprocessed". Most of it would be made in something pretty much like a factory -- certainly not a "cottage" (I think people in cottages would probably have called a new un-matured cheese green cheese) -- and I expect most of the milk used is pasteurized, and possibly homogenized. Unless you buy from a small producer it's going to be from cows that have been reared fairly intensively -- although that depends somewhat on where one lives -- and may not have eaten much grass.

So I don't see it as top-notch nutrition. But if you like it, why not use it? It's not like it's soya chunks or rapeseed oil or something else utterly industrialized and noxious.

Be interesting to make it at home.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that 2% merely refers to the liquid part of creamed cottage cheese. The curds themselves are all the same. So they're not necessarily lower fat...
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i have no existential, is it primal questions, cause... i can't stand the stuff!!! least favorite dairy product in the entire world!!!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Love the stuff, especially with sliced peaches. I get the 4% when I can find it. I go through phases.

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    This would be fasted than making eggs in the morning...hmm
    "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast