Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly annoying video, but may be good to share with others... page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Slightly annoying video, but may be good to share with others...

Shop Now
    5 Foods To NEVER Eat | Beyond Diet

Unless my browser was acting up, you can't fast-forward through this video, but the information within is pretty good and falls mostly in line with the PB guidelines. I'm pretty sure the 'diet' is paleo, pretty much, but allows for some grain products (millet, rice, pelt.. whatever that is)

Talks about how 'healthy' foods are not healthy and don't let you burn fat; explains how 'sugar' also includes pasta, bread, etc, which many people still don't know about; talks about how 'not all carbs are created equal' and says you can and SHOULD eat tons of fruit/veg, along with starches (specifically mentions sweet potatoes and butter); explains how insulin works; explains how, when you free-up the liver by not eating as much toxins, it can turn to fat burning; explains how counting calories is worthless if you are eating fake food... mostly though, I like it because it talks about getting rid of all processed foods, especially those touted as healthy.

Bonus, the speaker is a woman, and I think women respond better to their own kind, and while a LOT of men need to hear this as well, I find women have a harder time "accepting" that their low-fat yogurt is a waste of time. That's been my experience at least. So this could be a good facebook share, or something to show family members.

I also really like that it doesn't ever present anything as paleo/primal/caveman/etc... so nobody can shut off just based on that.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!! And saying you should never eat any particular food, barring an allergy, is just stupid. This is a horrible propaganda filled video.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!! And saying you should never eat any particular food, barring an allergy, is just stupid. This is a horrible propaganda filled video.
    That's way too harsh an interpretation of this video. Sure, it ultimately wants the viewer to contact them to "really get things going" blah blah, which you can't fault them for, but everything they presented was on-point. What's the issue with saying you should never eat splenda for instance? I don't necessarily agree with it (I think it wouldn't do jack-shit if you had it really rarely) but I also don't have a problem if people wanted to never include it.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I am not impressed with the video but they are right about what constitutes food. I would not call chemically filled, tasteless products food either.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    lol @ diet soda stopping you from reaching your weight loss goals. Yes, basically 0 calorie chemicals are really doing a number on people's waists!!!
    As I understand it, the body registers a sweet taste and releases insulin expecting sugar to enter the bloodstream.
    Insulin is released, but the sugar never comes. Blood sugar drops, people get hungry, and eat foot they would not have otherwise consumed.

However, to me, this is a minor concern compared to the nasty excitotoxin effects of aspartame.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    That's way too harsh an interpretation of this video. Sure, it ultimately wants the viewer to contact them to "really get things going" blah blah, which you can't fault them for, but everything they presented was on-point. What's the issue with saying you should never eat splenda for instance? I don't necessarily agree with it (I think it wouldn't do jack-shit if you had it really rarely) but I also don't have a problem if people wanted to never include it.
    There is no food that is bad enough that eating it occasionally will cause long term health problems if the rest of your diet is in check.

There is no food that is bad enough that eating it occasionally will cause long term health problems if the rest of your diet is in check.
    I agree, I said that.

However, I maintain that this is a good video for people that don't know anything about nutrition, to at least start questioning whether their so-called healthy food choices are that at all. It doesn't tell US anything new, I also said that.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member

lol @ this video

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Good points iniQuity...but I guess it also raises the question that even if a small amount of some `food`isn't harmful ět still begs the question why eat it
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    good video, pretty much primal diet with inclusion of some safer starches

primal = sweet potato and rice
    diet in the video = sweet potato, rice, quinoa, sprouted bread

I don't understand why people on paleo diet feel ok about rice, potato and sweet potato as safe starches for active people but shy away from things like quinoa and buckwheat. Are quinoa and buckwheat really that much worse for you than white rice? I find that hard to believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast