Thread: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Primal diet? , first post page

kkortemeier is offline Junior Member

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Primal diet? , first post

Primal Fuel
    Hey folks,

New here. I stumbled across Mark's book at the library and picked it up. I have suffered with rheumatoid arthritis for about 10 years. The medication (a lot) I am on keeps the flare ups under control, but when I do have one they are pretty severe. I am about half way through the book and I am curious if any other folks with RA or other similar auto-immune disorders have tried his recomendations? If so, did you see any results?

I would really like to lower the meds I am on. Just so you know, I am active when the arthristis is under control. I don't need to loose any weight. If anything, I need to gain a few pounds. I thought I ate a healthy diet until I got through certain chapters! If anything, I need to gain a few pounds. Anyway, let me know your thoughts.

Thank you, Karl.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Go on the GAPS diet. Your gut is compromised, leading to autoimmunity.

(don't be scared of the source of this article. GAPS is not associated with any religion, it was created by a neurosurgeon)
    GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)

Healing Rheumatoid Arthritis on GAPS Diet: Elli Sparks 01/11 by BethWiles | Blog Talk Radio
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    I have Psoriatic Arthritis and I have seen a improvment with PB.

I don't have to take shots of Enbrel nearly as often now and I think that if you follow PB that your body will get to where it should be at weight wise. If you need more it will get you there and if you need less it will do the same.

Are you working out at all?