Thread: Primal Blueprint Update After Week 1 page

GrokyBalboa is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Update After Week 1

Shop Now
    I'd like to share my experience after week 1 on the PB.

My first week PB has been great. I've been eating in the neighborhood of 2000-2500 calories a day, and my carbs (all PB approved carbs) have been in the neighborhood of 125-165g a day. I'm down 6 pounds since my start, which I assume is a lot of excess water weight. I started this thing at 227(I'm 6'2"), and I'm down to 221.

I feel much better. I still haven't had the "carb flu". I just finished day 8 today, and I still feel great. I know some people have started to feel bad the second week, but I'm hoping to get lucky and not get that.

I weight trained twice last week, but I was very lethargic. Other than that, my energy levels have been decent. Out of the first 7 nights of sleep, half were good, and the other half were not so good. I'm sort of an insomniac with what I believe to be undiagnosed sleep apnea. The lack of sleep has definitely affected my energy levels, but overall, I never got that weak, low blood sugar feeling, that I used to get when I tried to cut my carbs(although in a much unhealthier way than the PB)

Today I had a great workout, followed by tuna, steamed broccoli, and steamed sweet potatoes.

I was a big time carb addict. Pasta and rice mainly. To be honest, the thought of gorging on those things right now does not give me a good feeling. I hope that remains.

Overall, I feel like I can definitely make this a lifestyle change, and not just a fad.

Reading the book and understanding the science behind it really helped me to make a full commitment to it.

I'm looking forward to the coming weeks when my body completely gets used to this.
    Last edited by GrokyBalboa; 03-26-2012 at 07:52 PM.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    That must be very exciting! Keep it up, we're all rooting for ya!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    Love your screen name "GrockyBalboa"! Maybe you are one of the lucky few that doesn't experience the 'carb-flu'. Mine didn't him me until about 1.5 weeks in or so. I will admit, that's the toughest time, so stick to your plan and you'll come out ahead! Good luck to ya!

GrokyBalboa is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    That must be very exciting! Keep it up, we're all rooting for ya!
    Thanks! Day 17 and I'm still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by rccrsphil View Post
    Love your screen name "GrockyBalboa"! Maybe you are one of the lucky few that doesn't experience the 'carb-flu'. Mine didn't him me until about 1.5 weeks in or so. I will admit, that's the toughest time, so stick to your plan and you'll come out ahead! Good luck to ya!
    Thanks! I tried to be clever with the name. Well, I'm on day 17 and still no carb-flu, although my energy level has been pretty down so far this week. Maybe a mild carb flu???