Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof chocolate coffee? page

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof chocolate coffee?

Primal Fuel
    Hi Everyone,

So I was just looking at a package of unsweetened bakers chocolate, and realized it pretty much has the exact same nutrition contents as butter. Butter has 1 gram more fat per serving and 0 carbs, while the baker's chocolate has 4 g carbs and 2 grams fiber.

Would it be safe to put a hunk of baker's chocolate in my coffee in the morning instead of butter? I love the idea of the bulletproof coffee, but I can't choke it down! I find it awful!

What do you think?

Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

here's the product for reference.
    An avocado a day keeps the doctor away!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest that since dark chocolate (75%+) is fine in moderation, that there should be no problem with making coffee with some chocolate in it.

I don't know what the exact %cocoa is in the Baker's though.

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    The only ingredient is chocolate - so I'm assuming it's around 99% or more. This is why I wonder if it could potentially replace the butter and have the same health benefits?
    An avocado a day keeps the doctor away!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It will be delicious. I have put melted unsweetened baking chocolate in it and it really adds a lot. The chocolate helps keep the butter emulsified and adds a chocolaty depth without sweetness. The only trouble is that it tends to stick to the cup rather than get completely mixed in.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    If you got Raw Cocoa Powder (not the stuff you get from the grocery store) that might work even better as it wouldent stick to the cup & the quality is better.
    I get mine of a seller on Ebay(UK) but probably be able to find at some heath food stores or online easy enough
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I think you should add both chocolate and butter, would be tremendous!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    If you got Raw Cocoa Powder (not the stuff you get from the grocery store) that might work even better as it wouldent stick to the cup & the quality is better.
    I get mine of a seller on Ebay(UK) but probably be able to find at some heath food stores or online easy enough
    I add about a T to my coffee- I love the flavor. And I do find that it gives me a longer lasting boost.

raptoryell is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking of doing a smoothie in the mornings with chocolate protein powder and some ice.
    After some replies on another thread, I decided to just add the protein powder to the hot coffee. Blended it up with the butter and coconut oil....came out great.

Used the following protein powder:

Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, and weight training

Would like to be in good shape by my 35th Birthday (07-07-2013)

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Good for you raptoyell. I was going to suggest you make it, only without ice.

The jury is still out on whether the "insulin spike" from whey powder is good, bad, or neutral.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds good. I can't imagine what could be wrong with BC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast