Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it really okay to eat tons of eggs? page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

Is it really okay to eat tons of eggs?

Shop Now
    I just LOVE eggs. According to the Primal Blueprint, one can eat eggs in abundance.

But I'm wondering, is it okay to eat maybe 40 eggs or so per week? How much can one actually eat?

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I eat 4 eggs every morning, so that puts me at 28 a week. I feel fine. Hell, I feel great. I say have at it. Eat 40 a week or more if you want. There are probably the most affordable source of protein out there.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you can go hog wild on eggs. don't worry about the cholesterol, which i'm guessing is what you're worried about. tell me how long you can maintain a 40 per week habit though, without getting damn sick of 'em!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    you can go hog wild on eggs. don't worry about the cholesterol, which i'm guessing is what you're worried about. tell me how long you can maintain a 40 per week habit though, without getting damn sick of 'em!
    That's why there's seasoning; and a host of other things you can do with them .

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Not only is it OK......Its optimal!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Tons of eggs? That's an awful lot of Vitamin A. And a lot of calories. And a lot of volume. You might find that tons of eggs are not good.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    No eat your meat.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    THIS! For a while I was doing 5 eggs omelets everyday for breakfast. After awhile it does get tiring...

From a cost efficiency standpoint, I think boneless skinless chicken breast might be the cheapest per g of protein that I can find, even cheaper per g of protein of eggs. Then again, you get other good stuff besides protein in eggs. But, if you are merely looking to add pure protein, instead of just continuously upping the egg intake, it would probably be best to have a few eggs and the "bulk up" on protein sources that are a little more cost efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    No eat your meat.
    But only during the 3rd quarter of the moon, right?
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    No eat your meat.
    Apparently a lack of egg consumption leads to an outbreak of crazy. All the more reason to eat your eggs.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Take three hard boiled eggs, peel them, and cut them in half. Then scoop out the yolks into a bowl and mash up well with half of a ripe avocado. Throw in a sprinkle of sea salt and spoon back into the egg white halves.

I buy 5 avocados at a time so that means 10 days, sometimes less, in a row with these utterly delicious eggs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast