Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need more education on dairy? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Need more education on dairy?

Primal Fuel
    Need some advise. The only dairy per say that is left in my diet is HWC. If I give this up will I feel even better, have more energy???

What are your experiences with going completely dairy free????

Thanks guys!!!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    You may do. I feel 100% better without any dairy.
    Some people do, some can handle it. Some can handle a little, and others none at all.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Try giving it up for a month and see how you feel. then slowly add it back and see how you feel then. Maybe you'll feel better without it, or maybe there will be no change. I quit all dairy for 2 months in the beginning. I've added back heavy cream in my coffee, cooking with butter and ghee, and the occasional bit of cheese. For me it's ok, but you'll never know for you until you try.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I gave it up except for butter last October. I feel better than ever. Nasal congestion 90% gone, fewer stomach issues and better skin in my opinion.

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    I guess what is the difference between how milk is broken down and how heavy whipping cream is broken down in the body. Why is HWC not allowed on the paleo plan???

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigal View Post
    Why is HWC not allowed on the paleo plan???
    Just one of the subtle differences between paleo and primal i guess. From what I've heard from Robb Wolf on his podcasts is that he isn't so hell bent to say you may never have dairy ever again. He says to give it up for a month, being very strict. See how you feel, and if you want to try adding it back see how you feel after. Even he admits to a little dairy now and then. he just feels that he and most people do better without it.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm using some paremesan but no cultured dairy etc. I have access to a genotype specific safe food list that seems pretty accurate.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it really is about how you feel. I feel fine on butter -- everything else gives me a tummy ache.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I felt pretty dang good without dairy when I skipped it for a month (whole30) however, as my only dairy sources currently are grass fed butter (somewhat often) and cream (pretty rare) I don't have any of the issues commonly associated with actually drinking milk.

I don't care to drink milk, but if I did I'd look for raw milk, grass fed obviously.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Only thing I noticed giving up HWC then adding it back briefly was that I had more phlegm with the HWC. I don't notice any energy difference.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast