Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waking From My Carb Coma~~My Primal Journal page 3

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi.. Thanks for stopping by. I just took a look at your blog. I started following it by email. Your lunch looked yummy.
    I had a hard time staying with WW because of the whole free food thing. When they said you could eat all the bananas you wanted i knew that was trouble. I am a binge eater so you never tell me i can eat all of something...lol
    I did love my oats but i feel so much better now that i am not eating that..they were good

Funny you should bring up about the stress to your body from running. I have had problems off and on from my past long runs. My big toe on my right foot i thing has a bunion and i have to watch from day to day to see if i can run or not. Other issues are hamstrings and my right knee. It is not an everyday day thing if i keep my mileage under 20 a week but yesterday after just walk/running on the treadmill i was just walking outside barefoot and stepped on my left foot a weird way i guess bacause now it hurts..I am rethinking running at all now and may just walk and bike. My poor body can't take much more.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Well today is going to a long one. We are taking my daughter to register at Guilford College today. It is in Greensboro,NC. That is about two hours from my house. I am not a very good car rider. I have my snacks and water so i hope not to get ill. I need to get to my workout as i will have no time later in the day. She is so excited. I am too..I just don't deal with change easy but i keep it to myself. I don't want to worry her.

So i will do my lifting and then bike for about 30 mins. Pray for me ....
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    very emotional time, all I can say is to be as honest with her as you can, because while she is excited, there is a part of her that is scared and that wants you to not want her to go.

p.s. I got myself a wrist band that sends electrical pulses to stop motion sickness, works really well. It is much better than the pressure point ones because if it is in the wrong spot you can't feel it. It also works instantly, so if you are starting to feel queezy (sp?) for any reason it stops when you put it on. NASA uses them. I got it online a few years back for about $100 worth every penny!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Love your avatar. Wish it were bigger.

My oldest granddaughter starts college on Monday. Luckily, she's only 15 minutes from her house, but she's thinking about moving out, so her mom (my oldest daughter) is "thinking" about going through withdrawal:-)

I always think it would be fun to go back to school and get a degree in something off the wall and fun.

Oops! If you don't like change, that might not be so exciting for you, so I will definitely pray for you. Hope she got the classes she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Well today is going to a long one. We are taking my daughter to register at Guilford College today. It is in Greensboro,NC. That is about two hours from my house. I am not a very good car rider. I have my snacks and water so i hope not to get ill. I need to get to my workout as i will have no time later in the day. She is so excited. I am too..I just don't deal with change easy but i keep it to myself. I don't want to worry her.

So i will do my lifting and then bike for about 30 mins. Pray for me ....
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-30-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Good Morning Ladies,
    We had a nice time yesterday. The campus is lovely. She got all the classes she wanted. She is an English/German language major with a minor in Women Studies. She is very good in languages. Math is a different story...lol

This morning i am still a bit tired after all the riding yesterday. I got u[ about 5am and did 30 minutes on the exercise bike. That came out to 7 miles. I plan on just relaxing the rest of the day..

lopisheep- I have often thought about going back to school and taking a few classes. I just might do that now that i will have all this extra time ..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    It will be fun following your journal.

Someone said something that has stuck in my brain. "Hunger is not an emergency." I used to pack snacks for a twenty mile drive pre-primal. Eating protein has made a difference but now when I get feelings of hunger I first ask myself if I am truly hungry or just need water. Secondly I ask myself if I can wait to eat. Usually I'll get busy with something and forget all about 'needing' to eat.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Wow! My major was German Literature with an English Literature minor. Until I transfered to NYU, my minor was African and Latin American Women's Studies! It's a small world, after all. (OK, Candy in Wonderland went to Disneyworld Paris. Must have triggered that song!) Your daughter will have a great time.

If you could study anything you wanted to, what would you study?

Quote Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Good Morning Ladies,
    We had a nice time yesterday. The campus is lovely. She got all the classes she wanted. She is an English/German language major with a minor in Women Studies. She is very good in languages. Math is a different story...lol

This morning i am still a bit tired after all the riding yesterday. I got u[ about 5am and did 30 minutes on the exercise bike. That came out to 7 miles. I plan on just relaxing the rest of the day..

lopisheep- I have often thought about going back to school and taking a few classes. I just might do that now that i will have all this extra time ..
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-31-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    It will be fun following your journal.

Someone said something that has stuck in my brain. "Hunger is not an emergency." I used to pack snacks for a twenty mile drive pre-primal. Eating protein has made a difference but now when I get feelings of hunger I first ask myself if I am truly hungry or just need water. Secondly I ask myself if I can wait to eat. Usually I'll get busy with something and forget all about 'needing' to eat.

It's funny because i packed all these snacks becausewhen i get hungry i get mean...lol
    I didn't get hungry this time.I think it is because i ate protein and fat for breakfast and that filled me up more than the usual carbs i would have had....
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Wow! My major was German Literature with an English Literature minor. Until I transfered to NYU, my minor was African and Latin American Women's Studies! It's a small world, after all. (OK, Candy in Wonderland went to Disneyworld Paris. Must have triggered that song!) Your daughter will have a great time.

If you could study anything you wanted to, what would you study?
    Wow..you and my daughter could talk all day. It amazes me how fast she can learn a language. My husband works for a Japanese based company so she was thinking of taking that up next in case she ever needed a job to fall back on.

You know i really don't know what i would take. As bad as this sounds i have spent most of my life taking care of other people so i have not given much thought to me and what i want to do..I have a passion for helping animals in need..maybe something with that..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hope you have a chance to check out the April Destress group. Love to see you there. It should be a positive thing.

Yes. That is what I did on my goat farm. I took in Cashmere goats who were ill from bigger farms who didn't have the time to care for them.

My youngest son's best friend might be moving in with us this summer with her cat. Little worried about the cat. We're in town now with three cats and a ferret. They are all indoor. Another cat? We'll see. The friend is absolutely delightful, calm, and fun. She's had one of the worst family situations I've ever know of, so it would be great if she could stay with us when she turns 18 in June.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast