Thread: Low Energy Level page

remhed is offline Junior Member

Low Energy Level

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

My wife and I started eating Paleo 3 weeks ago today- so it has been three full weeks. We are following the meal plan on the PaleoPlan site, but as I learn and read more I find that those meal plans are very similar to what is recommended here and other similar sites. I am 41, 5'11, started at 200# and now at 191#.

So now going into the fourth week I am still struggling with lowered energy levels. I just feel generally tired and fatigued and I still get fuzzy headed from time to time (the first few days were really bad for this). Over the past couple weeks my general activity level has been quite a bit lower than normal as I strained my lower back doing something at home- no, not playing hockey or working out. I usually play hockey 2x a week, and I can really feel the lack of energy and fatigue it when I skate. We go to a trainer together once a week and I normally try to hit the gym (cross fit) a couple times a week as well.

At first I though maybe I'm not eating enough with as active as I am, but since my activity level has been low the past couple weeks I don't know what it is. Is it just taking my body longer to adjust? I have read a lot of feedback from people saying they were tired and just woke up one day and felt fine, but most didn't seem to take this long.

Thanks for any thoughts or encouragement you might have for me!

Steve
    Carmel, In

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I think you are either still struggling to attain the metabolic flexibility to fuel yourself on your body fat or else you need more starch in your diet because you exercise a lot.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think you are either still struggling to attain the metabolic flexibility to fuel yourself on your body fat or else you need more starch in your diet because you exercise a lot.
    precisely!