Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page

lucyewok is offline Member

Divacup/Mooncup

Primal Fuel
    hi
    i had a message from an awesome grokette that suggested i try a diva cup (menstrual cup) she said as i have gotten a copper IUD, and a lot of paleo ladies have too, that she was advised to get a mooncup/divacup. she said she wouldnt be able to cope without hers! it holds 3 times more than the biggest tampon does!! wow!! i just thought i would share this with you paleo ladies, it also is not associated with TSS and can be worn up to 12 hours a time, you can insert it if you think you may get your period, which you also cant with tampons!

i would love to know if anyone has any hints and tips, good and bad experiences with them as i am awaiting mine to come in the post and am excited to see the benefits!

lucy

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    I tried something similar (can't remember the name of it, but it was the original 'cup' out there) and goddamn, I could NOT get the hang of it. What a nasty mess it was...I've since had a hysterectomy because I had fibroids so thankfully I no longer need to worry about it.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    I used the divacup (pre-pregnancy), and loved it! Will use it again when I need it.

It did take some getting used to, and I just had to remember to relax ... if I was tense, it was much harder to deal with. Yes it can be messy until you get the hang of it, so keep that in mind.

It is really great for backpacking trips... no need to carry around used feminine products (my BF appreciated that), and you can basically change it out once in the morning and again once in the evening. Sooooo convenient.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    the only thing that bothers me is the idea of using it in public restrooms. you kind of need a little privacy if you rinse it out each time you dump it. not an issue if you have a normal flow, but mine's pretty heavy so i have to dump it hourly the first two days.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    :{
    ad astra per aspera

jay_fm is offline Member
    I have been using mine for a few years now and I wish I would have started sooner. I live for my Ladycup. It is so nice to being able to wear it on super light days and not have to worry about tampons and getting dried out and irritated from them. Plus, it saves you tons of money and it is Eco-friendly.

It takes some practice but you'll get the hang of it in no time. I have an average flow so only need to empty it twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night and maybe midday the first day of my cycle.
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Love mine, and after a few cycles practice its easy

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    hmm. maybe i'll switch.

i've always felt more comfortable using pads, but they are a lot of up-keep. these days, I feel like I have hardly any time. Perhaps the divacup would be a better option.

never liked tampons though. . . hmm.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Love my Divacup. Makes TTotM much easier. I also use Lunapads and I haven't bought tampons or pads in years. I still keep a few around for the odd roadtrip where I might not be able to easily tend to my cup...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    zoebird, I never liked tampons either, the cup is so much better than that.
    I loved my cloth pads, but I find them annoying to wash etc, the cup is awesome for that. But I also never ever empty it away from home.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast