Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 9

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Well it felt fine after second insertion, but I woke up during the night and it was very very wrong. My PF muscles are twinging in pain today. I had them checked out several years ago and was told that they are thin & weak so I need to do kegels, but have to do them carefully (somehow?) so I don't tear the muscle while I'm trying to strengthen in =\ Hoping this will be easier with all the protein I eat now! And no idea how that could have happened to me. I'm sure there are many young women who did not do kegels in their teens.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Diva cup all the way. The OTHER side benefit of using one is that YOU CAN USE YOUR BATHROOM CUPBOARDS FOR OTHER STUFF! Yay! For those of us living in a small space, every little bit helps.

It does take some practice to use, but I've had mine for about 7 years now and I certainly don't miss pads or tampons.

ETA: It is a little long. I cut the stem off, and that seemed to help, but it still chafes a bit and I'm glad to be done with it at the end of each cycle. Still beats pads and tampons.
    Last edited by Spubba; 05-10-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    I had to trim the entire stem off my diva cup, for it to be comfortable, but that doesn't hinder my ability to remove it. I discovered it about a year and a half ago and am never going back! I run and do triathlons and am never afraid to train when Aunt Flo is in town.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I am 43 years old and had never heard of this product until I read this thread. I'm near the end of this particular cycle (I've adopted the Swiss term "the communists are in the funhouse") and just bought a diva cup at a local whole food grocers. I had it installed effortlessly and I'm wondering how come this wonderful little product is such a secret? I should have been using this for years.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    ...I've adopted the Swiss term "the communists are in the funhouse"....
    That...

That is an AWESOME phrase.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    That...

That is an AWESOME phrase.
    Is this where we share favorite euphemisms now? My other favorite is Shark Week.

faithy22 is offline Member
    I like to say that I'm under construction. I stole it from the Jenny McCarthy movie "Dirty Love".

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Well, my small Lunette did not work out well on my first attempts. I'll try again next month, but I have no idea if I should go bigger, smaller, longer, shorter... It made me feel very queasy and I don't think it was touching my cervix (never been able to locate it so it must be high?). I couldn't leave it in for more than a couple of hours.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    Is this where we share favorite euphemisms now? My other favorite is Shark Week.
    Perhaps there is a reason for this...........
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

hockeyrules is offline Junior Member
    If the Diva cup is scratching, turn it inside out!! Sounds weird but worked for me. I had "lost" my Keeper that i loved and had to order a new one so I got the Diva but it made me raw- so i cut the tube, and then turned it inside out. Nothing to pull on but with those you kinda have to squeeze the sides to break the suction - they are supposedly the suctioniest (is that a word?) of them all.

Anyhow, then my DH found my Keeper down on the lower shelf wrapped up in a hand towel!! Guess I was trying to keep the teenage boys from freaking out!!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast