Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 8

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, with practice you should be fine with it.
    Its so worth trying, but it could take 2-3 cycles to be used to it.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to pop in and thank the ladies on this thread! I have an IUD and had been very hesitant to try a cup, but reading about all the grokettes here who successfully use them gave me the confidence to try it myself.

I LOVE IT! After reading this thread, I marched out to Earth Fare and bought a DivaCup on the 2nd day of my period, as I was having a particularly heavy and painful time of it and was getting sick of tampons causing pain and pads feeling gross. I was really surprised that I couldn't feel it even though it was low (vs. the opposite with tampons), and the "tampon cramps" were pretty much gone! And best thing of all, my period was over a day sooner than it normally would be! It was easy to dump and reinsert, and I was able to wear it all day without having to empty it. I am a convert. Now I wish I hadn't just bought that box of OB and bag of overnight pads...

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    ^If un-opened, can you donate to a local women's shelter?

I think I am going to take the $$ hit and buy one before this Saturday (expecting my period then). I want to start wearing it Friday to get a feel for it and adjust the post if necessary. Saturday afternoon I am finishing my tattoo and I don't want to worry about how I'm sitting with a pad, or feeling sick from wearing a tampon while I'm getting inked
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^If un-opened, can you donate to a local women's shelter?

I think I am going to take the $$ hit and buy one before this Saturday (expecting my period then). I want to start wearing it Friday to get a feel for it and adjust the post if necessary. Saturday afternoon I am finishing my tattoo and I don't want to worry about how I'm sitting with a pad, or feeling sick from wearing a tampon while I'm getting inked
    Good idea, I haven't opened the tampons yet.

I'd have to say it's *well worth* the money! I was so surprised--it was really comfortable and didn't leak at all. I didn't have to adjust the post, in fact I like it long b/c it makes it easier to take out. I wore pantyliners just in case, but didn't really need them. Congrats on the ink!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Would a Divacup work for someone who has NEVER been able to wear tampons?? I've tried a couple times in my life but it was so...idk...disturbing
    It would probably work. There are lots of youtube vids and menstrualcup.org has great info. Fwiw, I have probably 10 different cups and most of them fit *very* differently.

I really dislike the Diva. it's not comfortable for me (even with the stem cut off). It's just too long. I love the Lunette. There were a couple of other smallish cups that I liked as well but I ended up just sticking with the lunette exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    I think I have finally figured out how to keep my diva cup from leaking.

Firstly, empty it every few hours for the first two days, else it overflows.
    Seems like that would be flow dependent, no? I *never* empty mine more than every 12 hours and truly, never, ever have leaks. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    How do you find the cup for more intense physical activity? I'm wondering about it shifting during a WOD and creating a very awkward situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicsamm View Post
    It sort of suctions in there. I've never had it shift with horseback riding, obstacle courses, heavy lifting etc.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    I have had my mooncup for a couple of years, however I do get leakage. I don't know if its because I am a bit lazy putting it in or its just one of those things. Very annoying as I have lovely expensive underwear (one of my indulgences) and I've had to start wearing 'period knickers' again to avoid staining my best frillies!

I notice that most of you state you don't leak, I thought it was just inevitable, however if it's not I may have to reassess how I put mine in
    I did have leakage with some of the cups that I tried and the Mooncup UK (different than the US mooncup) was one that I had leaks with. I also had minor leaks with ladycup.

But I have no leaks with Lunette and love the comfort. No leaks with Divacup but it was very uncomfy for me.

I don't think the Lunette is necessarily the right cup for everyone....but rather that it's just the right one for my body.

Some trial and error will be in order for many folks to find the right. But still, overall, it's more cost effective.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    It would probably work. There are lots of youtube vids and menstrualcup.org has great info. Fwiw, I have probably 10 different cups and most of them fit *very* differently.

I really dislike the Diva. it's not comfortable for me (even with the stem cut off). It's just too long. I love the Lunette. There were a couple of other smallish cups that I liked as well but I ended up just sticking with the lunette exclusively.

Seems like that would be flow dependent, no? I *never* empty mine more than every 12 hours and truly, never, ever have leaks. Ever.

Ditto.

I did have leakage with some of the cups that I tried and the Mooncup UK (different than the US mooncup) was one that I had leaks with. I also had minor leaks with ladycup.

But I have no leaks with Lunette and love the comfort. No leaks with Divacup but it was very uncomfy for me.

I don't think the Lunette is necessarily the right cup for everyone....but rather that it's just the right one for my body.

Some trial and error will be in order for many folks to find the right. But still, overall, it's more cost effective.
    Interesting Cillakat about the discomfort w/the diva cup... I've had similar issues -but its all I've been able to find in my area...going to have to check on the lunette... after 6mths I've finally gotten the hang of using it w/o issues of course it helps the TOTM is shortening and getting lighter, the longer I'm primal/paleo...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

I just got a small lunette, since I read it's smaller than a DivaCup. Immediately felt like I needed to pee really badly and not much would come out. I do have some weak pelvic floor muscles. Wondering if I'm doomed or a smaller model (if so, which?) would not have this happen. I felt like I was going to piss myself!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm the same, clymb. but i'm bucking up and going to give it a try. lol

As it turns out, despite just peeing, I actually did need to pee pretty badly! I tried the cut overnight and had to take it out in the wee hours of the morning because it migrated too far up and was very uncomfortable. My PF muscles are unhappy today I am probably the only 23-yr old woman in the world who has not given birth and has some seriously fucked up pelvic floor muscles.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    As it turns out, despite just peeing, I actually did need to pee pretty badly! I tried the cut overnight and had to take it out in the wee hours of the morning because it migrated too far up and was very uncomfortable. My PF muscles are unhappy today I am probably the only 23-yr old woman in the world who has not given birth and has some seriously fucked up pelvic floor muscles.
    Just my experience (since I'm sure no two vag are exactly alike and I've given birth to 4 children), but you might try inserting it at a different angle. I wore my diva cup a certain way for over a year- sometimes the pressure was slightly uncomfortable and it leaked sometimes too... I thought it was normal until this thread. Then I tried it at a more horizontal angle (back towards my tailbone) and voila! No uncomfy pressure and zero leakage. Worth a shot.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast