Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 7

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    Crikey - I'm going to have to give this a go. How come I've got to nearly 50 and never heard of it? Would save a packet.
    Best invention ever!

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyComplex85 View Post
    They can be used with an IUD. The diva cup doesn't rest against your cervix, it should be lower than that.

I put mine in in the morning shower (helps with "leaking" from residue that might be in there) and take it out before bed. I find it uncomfortable to wear overnight because it pushes on the walls for too many hours. I just wear a pad at night. I LOVE not having to take my purse to the bathroom at work anymore!

Also, why are you taking it out just because you're going to the bathroom? Thats not needed.
    Um yes it does. It creates a seal around your cervix, stopping the leaks. You leak when its not sealed properly.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    How do you find the cup for more intense physical activity? I'm wondering about it shifting during a WOD and creating a very awkward situation.
    I used to wear it when I did aikido. For the record, I was a brown belt, which meant I got picked to be uke a lot and thrown around like a ragdoll. I did not have problems with it shifting, despite multiple breakfalls and rolls. If it can survive aikido, it can survive pretty much anything.

That said, I did have a friend whose Divacup "decoupled" while she was doing karate. It's because she had her original from before she was pregnant. There are two sizes -- one for ladies who've had babies or are under 30, and one for ladies who haven't or are over 30. Basically, her ladyparts had shifted and she needed a larger Divacup. Whoops.

Isabel57 is offline Junior Member
    the only thing that bothers me is the idea of using it in public restrooms.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I have had my mooncup for a couple of years, however I do get leakage. I don't know if its because I am a bit lazy putting it in or its just one of those things. Very annoying as I have lovely expensive underwear (one of my indulgences) and I've had to start wearing 'period knickers' again to avoid staining my best frillies!

I notice that most of you state you don't leak, I thought it was just inevitable, however if it's not I may have to reassess how I put mine in
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Please note: The DivaCup sits below the cervix and not up against it, so it is important to aim it toward the tailbone not “up”. It is not inserted in the same way as a tampon.
    So it would be fine with a IUD.

badbunny it is prob not creating that seal around your cervix. You should be able to pull on it very gently once its inserted and it won't move. I think there are youtube vids on how to insert it.

dlb1us is offline Junior Member
    I discovered diva cups about 3 years ago and I have never been happier around period time. They are great! Now if I can get my 14-year-old daughter to get over her squeamishness, I'd buy her one too.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Would a Divacup work for someone who has NEVER been able to wear tampons?? I've tried a couple times in my life but it was so...idk...disturbing that I've literally never been able to get one up there. I mean I can have sex and I have an IUD, it's not like nothing's ever been up there (lol) but something about tampons just disturbs me so idk if could put this up there either. Any thoughts?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast