Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 4

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    urine is tested to learn a lot of things about kidney function, blood sugar levels, etc etc -- so a general sample isn't there to look for infections, unless you think you have a UTI, in which case it is.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    I just remember that all throughout pregnancies they tested my urine for infections (could've been for other things too, but I was told infections). this kind of implies that a person could have an infection and be asymptomatic, which might be a reason to not pee on the string. lol, it's really a digression.

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, the Diva Cup is one of the best purchases I have ever made for myself.
    Danni

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dantonn9 View Post
    honestly, the diva cup is one of the best purchases i have ever made for myself.
    this!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    I have been using a Diva Cup for years, and I madly love it. It's a serious money-saver, and it's so bleeping convenient to pop it in place in the morning and not think about it again until I get the kids home from school. I hate using pads. I think they're kind of icky, to be honest. And before I bought my cup, I was fearful it would be, too, but it's actually much neater than using a tampon.

I've had no issues emptying it away from home, when necessary. I keep a small pack of wet wipes in my purse (plastic snap bag with about 5 wipes), dump the contents of the cup in the toilet, wipe the outside, if necessary (it seldom is) and put the cup back in place. Of course, I clean the cup out once I get home, but if I'm flowing heavier than usual and need to change the cup, well, you do what you've got to do.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I will NEVER voluntarily use tampons or pads ever again. I MUCH prefer my diva cup. I tried the instead disposable ones at one point and I HATED them. I could not get them in right and they were uncomfortable and it sucked. So it was unfortunately a couple years before I tried again with a diva cup and it's the best thing ever.

Things I like about the diva cup:
    1) I can put it in a day or two ahead of time if I think my period is coming. I just take it out a wash it once in the morning and once in the evening. Done.
    2) I can usually feel when it is full in the same way I could with a tampon. So I just empty it as needed and/or whenever I'm using the toilet anyway (and I never changed my tampons just cause I pee'd! I kinda made the face when I read that!)
    3) I don't have to deal with carrying extra tampons around. (And why is it in this day and age they still can't seem to make a tampon WRAPPER that can hold up to even a couple hours in a pocket?)
    4) I don't have to buy tampons or pads any more! No more spending money on stupid disposable crappola!
    5) The major decrease in hassle has made me not hate getting my period. It used to really bug me but now it's more of a 'shrug. Oh well' kind of thing.

So I suggest trying one. And if it doesn't work try a different size or brand. Here is a decent video showing some of the different ones out there. Then just practice a bit. The shower is a great place to try it out. And as far as public restrooms go I just wipe it out with some toilet paper and call it good.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Oh. Also I've used mine out in the woods a bit too. It's nice to carry a bit of TP and a couple wet wipes just in case but I've never really had to much trouble with it out there!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    When I've used mine while camping/hiking/kayaking I just carried a fresh unopened bottle of water with me to rinse it with... and some wipes for me.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-07-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm so convinced. I just did another good washing of my pads today (i do at the end of my cycle -- they soak through most of it), and I was washing them and thinking "I really don't want to do this anymore."

So, I'm seriously considering one of these.

I'm so nervous about not liking it because i have never liked using tampons. I've tried twice in my life (using tampons), and neither worked well at all. I probably didn't get them in right, and then i bled through anyway.

I don't want to spend the money and then hate it. LOL And the idea of "just try other brands!" is not cool to me -- on a very limited budget these days. . . hmm.

----

Ok, I've decided to get one. They are pricey in NZ, but I can get one in the US much cheaper (and with a gift card), so I'll do that.

After reading the various kinds, I like the Lunette. They have the most clear marketing and lots of good explanations about how it all works and why they are awesome. Plus, it's from finland and I love finland.
    Last edited by zoebird; 04-08-2012 at 01:10 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess the final thing holding me back from switching to a cup is lack of spontaneity. My boyfriend and I still have sex sometimes when I have my period. I would really like to be able to wear a cup at night because I have always had issues with leakage & "channeling", even with cloth pads. Tampons made me feel sick if I left them in overnight. So I guess I would either have to rule out sex during my period, remove just before (which kind of kills the moment), or continue to live without decent nighttime protection.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast