Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 3

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Kakes maybe try a different cup? They should not leak, I never have a problem with that. I have a lunette, I am pretty sure, could be a diva cup, but ill check later.
    It only leaks when it's full to overflowing- which happens often (every 1-2 hours) in my first 2-3 days. It never leaks if it isn't full. I usually empty it before then, but I get busy with 4 kids and then all of the sudden I'm racing to the bathroom! Could be the cup, but I just figured it was physics.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i used a diva cup w/ IUD b/f I had the whole damn mess taken out! (best.decision.EVER!)

anyway, i did like the diva cup before my uterus went nuts & i was dealing with like 16 oz of blood & chunks per day. The cup was particularly awesome for bike rides & being outdoors where it's a pain to haul tampons or whatever with you. I would totally recommend the diva cup to anyone, especially if you have "normal" periods.

Eventually it got to the point a few months before the hysterectomy that i just went back to pads b/c i got sick of dumping the cup out so often.

faithy22 is offline Member
    I bought a Diva Cup the same time that I got my copper IUD (2 cycles with both now). I can't stress enough how much I LOVE the cup! There is no way in HELL that I would have survived my first period without it. I guarantee that I would have bled through my tampon on my 30min drive to work. It's a little weird to get used to, but I used Nuva Ring for 6 years, so I'm kinda used to putting random silicone pieces up there I also have a private bathroom at work, so emptying it during the day isn't a big deal. I can imagine it must be harder in a shared bathroom where you can't just waddle over to the sink to rinse it out before putting it back in.

I've been telling all my friends about it, even the ones without IUDs. I hope that in a few months my periods will get more manageable (the cramps and heaviness are pretty yucky right now), but I will continue to use my Diva Cup!!!

faithy22 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    I always thought these CANNOT be used with an IUD... So, can they then?

Can you swim with them without them leaking?

How often do they need to be replaced in real life (not according to the manufacturer LOL)

I am considering using this product because my BIGGEST complaint with tampons is when I have to go to the bathroom less than an hour after putting one in, and it is nowhere near ready to come out so it is uncomfortable to take it out... And a shame to waste a tampon just because I had to go to the bathroom.
    I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but what does having to pee have to do with your tampon? When I used tampons I wouldn't change it unless it needed to be changed.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i dunno, peeing on the string? i think this can be avoided if you're careful.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faithy22 View Post
    I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but what does having to pee have to do with your tampon? When I used tampons I wouldn't change it unless it needed to be changed.
    I guess we all have individual preferences in that regard, eh?

ETA: I am sure this is TMI, but I have quite violent tummy trouble during my period so I have to #2 almost as frequently as #1 and this is a big deal as well.
    Last edited by GrokON; 03-27-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Peeing on the string isn't a problem, medically. It might psychologically bother people?

I have a divacup, have had one for 8 years, best thing I ever did. I get less cramps, I virtually forget that I have my period, I only change it twice a day, it's freaking awesome! I put mine in a peroxide water mixture every second month or so, but they're dishwasher safe too I haven't ever had it leak unless it's over-full and changing it in a public washroom isn't a big deal as it doesn't have to be rinsed every single time.

They have a money-back guarantee so you have nothing to lose

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    people say that urine is sterile, but i don't buy it. why would they have you pee in a cup to look for infections if it's sterile? anyway, not that it really matters.

nevermore is offline Junior Member
    When I first got my Diva, I practiced inserting/taking out in the shower. It helps in case things get messy. I also had to trim a bit of the stem because it was poking (use a nail trimmer so the edge isn't as blunt). I found this site very helpful, it shows different folding techniques (I use the origami). Menstrual Cups - Divacup, Mooncup, Instead, Lunette, Miacup - Folding techniques

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great site, I use the "c" fold. I usually empty and insert the cup in the shower because it's easier all around and I'm in there anyways

And if you have an infection, it's not sterile

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast