Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 2

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Love my Diva Cup. I have heavy flow and end up changing it often the first few days. If I'm out and about, I need to wear a panty liner with it since when it leaks, it LEAKS. But on my lighter days I pretty much don't notice it at all! MUCH better than tampons.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Kakes maybe try a different cup? They should not leak, I never have a problem with that. I have a lunette, I am pretty sure, could be a diva cup, but ill check later.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh, i've forgotten about the "insteads." i'll have to see if i can find those, i seem to remember liking them more than the Diva. i've been without a period for quite some time, so i'm kind of relearning this stuff.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    ayla -- thanks. i'll consider it for sure.

lucyewok is offline Member
    thanks everyone!! i love having some real life experience of these things, it all seems to secretive!!

Hi everyone!

I've used a mooncup for about the last 9 months and love it. I hated the dryness of wearing tampons and I don't get that anymore the other great thing is that because I'm not too heavy, I only need to empty it twice a day so for me, its brilliant for travelling.

They do take a bit of getting used to. I cut the stem of my first one too short so couldn't get it out very easily and ended up buying a new one... One tip I would give it try different ways of folding them to get them in. I've just discovered that a different fold to the one I was using is much much easier - wish I tried a few more when I first started! Also, when you're in public bathrooms if you take a small bottle of water with a sports squeezy top you can give it a bit of a wash out without having to use the sinks or leave the cubicle

Sugar is my nicotine...

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I tried the softcup and it was terrible. I could not get the hang of it, I always ended up with a mess when the seal would "break" during removal. I don't think I'm shaped well enough to handle those, I kept feeling terribly ill (hitting my cervix) while it was in. I think I would have a better time with a re-usable firm cup which would not touch the cervix, if I can get the removal part down I have cloth pads that I love to use, but I don't really have the time or patience to handle washing them (and only have access to washing machine once a week at someone else's house), otherwise I'd use them exclusively and invest in some more. They're so much more comfortable than disposable pads and allow for a lot more breathing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I always thought these CANNOT be used with an IUD... So, can they then?

Can you swim with them without them leaking?

How often do they need to be replaced in real life (not according to the manufacturer LOL)

I am considering using this product because my BIGGEST complaint with tampons is when I have to go to the bathroom less than an hour after putting one in, and it is nowhere near ready to come out so it is uncomfortable to take it out... And a shame to waste a tampon just because I had to go to the bathroom.
    Last edited by GrokON; 03-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    I always thought these CANNOT be used with an IUD... So, can they then?

Can you swim with them without them leaking?

How often do they need to be replaced in real life (not according to the manufacturer LOL)

I am considering using this product because my BIGGEST complaint with tampons is when I have to go to the bathroom less than an hour after putting one in, and it is nowhere near ready to come out so it is uncomfortable to take it out... And a shame to waste a tampon just because I had to go to the bathroom.
    An IUD is placed high in the uterus, and a menstrual cup sit in the cervix where a tampon would, so it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe just be careful when removing so you don't pull the IUD's strings. I think a properly fitted cup would be perfect for swimming and sports!

And I'm with you on the frequent peeing vs. tampon issue, it totally sucks. Blech.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast