Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 13

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Primal Fuel
    I'm intrigued by this method. Is this similar to a diaphragm?
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Solstice: not really. A menstrual cup does not necessarily surround the cervix. Some people have it sit lower in the vagina. It depends on your anatomy, really. It just works for different people in different ways! It collects the menstrual fluids and you dump them out periodically (how often depends on the capacity of the cup and heaviness of your flow) into the toilet (or outside, if you're woodsy like that). As long as the fit is good, there should be very little mess (mostly on removal) and no leaking.

I still can't get mine to sit well. I think the size of the small lunette isn't good for me, but I'm not sure in what way. I've been using Instead Softcups with some success for the last few cycles, along with cloth pads.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If anyone happens to stumble across this again: anyone tried sea sponges for menstruation? I'm interested. I have only had my Paragard IUD for about a month, but can't use my Lunette yet. I got the hang of it this summer, but it causes intense cramping now. I'm looking for something internal that's not as uncomfortable or unreliable as tampons that I can use overnight. I can survive with cloth pads during the day.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If anyone happens to stumble across this again: anyone tried sea sponges for menstruation? I'm interested. I have only had my Paragard IUD for about a month, but can't use my Lunette yet. I got the hang of it this summer, but it causes intense cramping now. I'm looking for something internal that's not as uncomfortable or unreliable as tampons that I can use overnight. I can survive with cloth pads during the day.
    Yeah. I've used them. They were fine. I had to rinse them more often then I have to deal with my diva cup but they were still pretty darn functional. I would say that for me they were about as good as a tampon. but less icky since it didn't have a string!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213