Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 12

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I can't tell you how much i LOVE mine.

I've only had it for three or four cycles now, but MY GOD IT IS AWESOME.

I have been using washable pads for years, and always hesitated with the moon cup. I shouldn't have. If I could go back and tell my younger self to go with the cup, I would.

So comfy.
    It is definitely more comfortable! There's no pain inserting or removing, unlike tampons. Unfortunately I can't get the darn thing to fit right... will have to try it again tomorrow LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it took a few goes during the first round to get it right. now it's easy!

NewGrayMare is offline Member
    If you're having problems with it poking, you can always cut the stem down. Be sure to use extremely sharp scissors and to smooth out any jagged edges if you cut it. Even the smallest bump on the plastic will hurt.

It does take a lot of trial and error to get it right, but it's heavenly when you do! I've been using mine for two years and will never go back to any other method of period management.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGrayMare View Post
    If you're having problems with it poking, you can always cut the stem down. Be sure to use extremely sharp scissors and to smooth out any jagged edges if you cut it. Even the smallest bump on the plastic will hurt.

It does take a lot of trial and error to get it right, but it's heavenly when you do! I've been using mine for two years and will never go back to any other method of period management.
    It's not the pokey thing, I just couldn't get it to not leak! Will have to try again next cycle, I hear great things about them, I just need more practice LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    mine poked the first cycle, but I didn't trim, and by second cycle, all was good.

I also didn't have any leaking from the beginning, so I bet that's a positioning thing (i basically got lucky).

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    It's not the pokey thing, I just couldn't get it to not leak! Will have to try again next cycle, I hear great things about them, I just need more practice LOL!
    I have same problem with leaking, how can you even tell why its leaking?!

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    I have same problem with leaking, how can you even tell why its leaking?!
    Mine only leaks when it's not fully unfolded, it took me a while to get the hang of spinning it so that it completely unfolds. I have to run my finger around the bottom of the bell to make sure it's unfolded.

Satch is offline Junior Member
    Make sure the 3 little suction holes on the rim are clear, sometimes they can get a bit clogged, and that can mean the cup isn't sealed and can leak.

Deegie is offline Junior Member
    Ive been using a mooncup for at more than 6 months and still have leak problems, so have to wear a pad, even right up until the actual end of my period. I have a non-hormone IUD fitted, and so very heavy periods [directly due to the iud] and used to have to use maternity pads at night, sometimes in the day. Now I use the cup and a more normal size pad at night, but it fills up pretty fast and is overflowing in the morning :/ Also sometimes when I sit down it squashes everything out :/ though my partner assures me its usually more than tight enough in there [sorry if tmi]

Its also very messy emtying it, because its leaked - sometimes its just as if the cup wasnt even in there at all!

Now, I dont know why I get leaking even when the flow is slowing near the end - Ive tried different folds, different positions, checked cervix position, checking its popped open etc etc but nothing changes. I checked the cup for holes or leaks but theres none. Ive resigned myself to the leaking and having to wear a pad for protection, and am more likely to change contraception and have the IUD out than stop using a mooncup - I tried everything before - super super tampons, natural sponges, all different pads, so this is still the better choice.

So the ONLY theory I have is that maybe some of the internal tears I got during 3 births have left the terrain a bit messed up in there - after DD1 I had to stop using applicator tampons because a bit of skin inside kept getting caught between the two tubes, ouchy. So its not perfect in there lol! Thats not a watertight [lol] theory either.

Maybe the cup is too slippy or too soft, maybe I need to do pelvic floor exercises [though I dont have any other trouble to do with that] maybe I should try a different style of cup...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe you just need a different style or size. Also, if you sit and it makes it leak, that sounds like it's either not seated well for your anatomy, or you have pelvic floor weakness. Do you do squats?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast