Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 11

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've never done the boil thing. I wash it well once a month with Dr. Bronners.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    You guys inspired me. I was at WF this evening, and right there was a Diva Cup. I had looked for it last month and couldn't find it (I was there at a bad time of the day, oy vey! - no, seriously, oy vey). But tonight, it was like fate. So I bought it. When I got home I put it in the bathroom, and took it out of the box to admire it. Then I remembered, I had just convinced my husband that we should try for kid no. 2! I am such a flake. I might get a few months use out of it before it goes into storage.

I didn't buy the diva wash with it, and will have to figure out cleaning. DH works from home most the time, and he is completely freaked out by bodily fluids (weird, since he used to be a nurse, I've given up trying to apply logic to him), so taking it to a kitchen to sanitize could be an issue.

Anyone use this thing after childbirth? How long did you wait? I bled for nearly 8 weeks after booger no. 1, so I was thinking I could really start getting my money's worth out of this thingy then. Not right away, obviously, but a few weeks after childbirth? Yes, no?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I just got my mooncup today. I love that darn thing.

In terms of use after childbirth, I have no idea. I only bled for a week, but my vagina took forever to get back to normal. It was very strange, because people talk about it being normal after a few weeks, but I don't think they were as. . . aware of their vaginas as I am or something. LOL maybe I'm wrong, but my vagina didn't feel 'normal' until 14 months out, and it still doesnt' feel the same as it was, but that's ok. I didn't expect it to be the same.

But it's part of the reason why I'm not having another. I don't know if I could go through 14 (or more) months of that not-normalness.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Unscented soap is fine for cleaning, especially something like castille soap. You can soap it in hydrogen peroxide (the strength you would use for wound cleaning) occasionally to remove any stains. No need to boil.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I used the original (brown rubber) keeper for about 10 years. It started to develop an odd smell, so I was looking at at DivaCup or a MoonCup or... something silicone so I could boil it... Even though my Keeper went missing mysteriously, I held off purchasing because I was 29 and TTC (and the sizes are defined by under 30/haven't given birth vaginally and over 30/have given birth vaginally).

After I gave birth vaginally at age 30, I wore cloth postpartum pads for all the lochia (I wouldn't recommend a cup or tampon for any of this postpartum bleeding), my period returned 6 weeks later, to the day (I did not breastfeed, as my daughter was stillborn) and I bought the over 30/have given birth vaginally DivaCup I'd been eyeing.

I like the clearish silicone SO MUCH better than the brown rubber, and though I haven't boiled it, I like that I CAN.
    I usually just rinse thoroughly with hot water during my cycle, and at the end (or during a long shower), I'll clean it with some Dr. Bronners.
    If I'm in a public restroom, I'll either dump in the toilet and clean/wipe out with toilet paper (as thoroughly as possible), or I'll take a 1oz spray bottle or peri bottle in with me to help clean the thing over the toilet.

There used to be a WONDERFUL yahoo group dedicated to The Keeper, but I'm pretty sure it's gone... it was a great resource for issues with menstrual cups.

Day 3 of my moon cup use and it's much easier today than on day one. I figured out which fold works for me, and how to place it, and it's great. barely feel the thing. And so clean and comfortable and easy to use and. . . so great. Why oh why didn't I use one before. The pads just seem huge and messy now. LOL

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I got the size 2 divacup because I'm a few months shy of 30 and I gave birth to a kiddo.

But, I'm worried it's too big.

I fold it down with the double fold to insert, and the instructions in the box says to do a 360 twist. I can't twist it at all, though I can tell it's not completely open. If I just leave it then a few minutes later I'll feel it pop open on it's own, but I don't know if it's completely open. Then trying to get it out is a bear. I squeeze it to break the seal, but then since it's squeezed I can barely get the booger out of me.

I get what you guys mean about trimming off the end. I made the mistake of putting it too far up once. Ugh. But even if I placed it further down it still felt uncomfortable. I wore it to bed the night of my heaviest flow, and I leaked through half way through the night. When I took it out it was full up to the 7.5 ml line. Again in the morning I was also leaking, and it was also just 7.5. It felt really uncomfortable all night, the next night I used tampons because I couldn't handle it again.

I think the thing's great, but...maybe since I'm not quite 30 and the kiddo is nearly 6, size 2 isn't right for me?

it might not be. you can get a 1, and then see?

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Oh, look at me reviving another old thread

Received my Diva Cup in the mail today (ironically, so did my menses) lol, I've wanted one for years!!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

I can't tell you how much i LOVE mine.

I've only had it for three or four cycles now, but MY GOD IT IS AWESOME.

I have been using washable pads for years, and always hesitated with the moon cup. I shouldn't have. If I could go back and tell my younger self to go with the cup, I would.

So comfy.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast