Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Divacup/Mooncup page 10

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Does anyone get more crampy when using tampons? (I do.)

If so, did you experience the same with a cup? (Given you tried one, of course.)

Thanks!
    sg

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
    Does anyone get more crampy when using tampons? (I do.)

If so, did you experience the same with a cup? (Given you tried one, of course.)

Thanks!
    sg
    I also cramp when I use tampons, and now that I'm using the Divacup my cramps are so much better!! The only time I've had anything akin to my old "tampon cramps" was when I had a super heavy day and needed to dump the cup earlier than I had expected. This is my second month of cup usage and I am so thrilled, I wish I'd discovered it sooner!!

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    meeshar,
    thanks for the info!
    sg

I'm bumping this thread.

I bought a Diva Cup yesterday and am amazed! I didn't know it was possible to completely prevent leaks!

TamiO is offline Member
    I've been using the Divacup for about 6 years now, and I cannot even tell you how this has changed my life.... My periods were super heavy for years, and sometimes I would actually rig up a nighttime pad, then a pair of shorts with a small towel inside just to be on the safe side, lol.

I did use mine when I had my copper IUD, with no issues. However, the problem I DID have was that after the IUD was out (periods just got too heavy) I was still having excess flow. Even with the cup, the first two days I would have to empty it HOURLY because it filled up. Sometimes it filled so fast that it would leak before I knew what was happening, but you get to the point after awhile where you can sort of feel that you're full and go empty it. This actually let me to understand that I was having an actual medical issue, because I knew how much the Diva held, and I could count the number of full cups I was emptying. Impossible to really do that with pads. This is what led me to get an endometrial ablation and I wish I had done that years back - never had a problem since with heavy flow or clotting.

FYI I have had a child (C-Section) and I still use the cup for women who have not had kids. I am pretty small, but have never felt like the cup was the wrong size. Maybe because I didn't have a vaginal birth? Who knows.... so don't be afraid to experiment with sizes. In the long run you will save money not buying disposable stuff.

I remember hearing about the Divacup and similar items years ago, but I was too closed minded on the subject. I thought it sounded icky. Wow, my loss right?

Tampons and pads are way more "icky" than this Diva Cup. On Tampax commercials they always show you how quickly that blue water sinks right in. Except periods aren't so liquidy! They don't absorb as quickly as water and they channel through the tampon/pad. They are the destroyers of cute underwear! Any time I had a hot date (pre-marriage) I'd just forgo wearing underwear. All of them were ruined, anyways. I even did a tampon and winged panty liner combination.

I thought changing the cup would be a scene for a horror movie. Nope! Turns out my flow wasn't as heavy as I have been assuming all these years. Barely anything was in the cup on my second day! I never even have accidentally touched any blood with this baby. Any blood on the inside of the cup can be rubbed off by rubbing the silicone cup together, rolling it in your fingers. I never have to touch the inside. On the other hand, I was always touching blood with tampons. I think the string is more absorbent than the tampon itself! And god forbid you pee on the darn thing.

Oh, and then there's dry vagina syndrome with tamps. Not only does that hurt your vagina coming out, but It makes sexy time a lot more difficult. I do have sex on my period sometimes. I'm sick, I know! My husband is just too beautiful.

So Pros:
    - Can't feel it
    - Easy to remove/insert comfortably
    - No period odor (apparently menstrual flow only smells when exposed to air)
    - No leaks
    - No touching any blood or peed on tamp strings
    - No dry vagina
    - Don't have to change it as often

Cons:
    - You have to rinse it out when changing. How tragic.

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    Emphatic yes on getting more crampy with tampons. I've got a box of tampons that is ten years old in my cupboard because I quit using them because of cramps. I'm strongly considering a mooncup or the like, sounds convenient.

Adanac85 is offline Junior Member
    I had a 'mare the first and only time i used it. It ended with my OH and pliers. And us swearing never to speak of it again. Would have loved it if I got on with it, but wasn't to be!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Glad to have read this thread. I had no idea that there were more than the Diva brand cup out there in a non-disposable. I found that the over 30/had a baby sizing is not accurate for all. The larger one that fit my age was very uncomfortable, and the smaller one is better. I will look into the brands to see the different types from some of the sites listed in this thread.

But, the cup is AMAZING, even with flaws. About a million times better than tampons. So amazing.

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    I use a luna cup, and have had no problems with it leaking at all. I use it when swimming. I put it in the morning and take out and rinse at night. I have felt a bit uncomfortable when having to push when using the toilet, but never have had it come out on me. I will sometimes have to reposition, but that doesn't seem to effect the seal as such.

The biggest issue for me is that I am supposed to boil it each month for a couple of minutes. I home school. While I feel fine sharing this with strangers, it is not really what I want to discuss with family!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast